• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] What usually makes an INFP come to 'BEING'

izzie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I really identify with this. I feel a need to find the perfect path, so much so that I don't do anything. I see every possible pitfall and decide it isn't for me. anyone else feel this?

Yup, I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote about courage in another forum

The quality I wish I can get more of is : courage.

I often fear if I stand strong in my views and what I do on my own, I might cause myself further pain instead. I often fear of everything that might go wrong in my personal life even if it appears imaginary. I often fear that people might think I am completely stupid if they knew my real mind and soul.

I am trying to overcome that fear, it's a hard fought struggle that leaves my heart exhausted.

__

Quoted from another post:

I realize that I am okay with almost every other human quality except this : courage. Courage is the single quality that I lack the most in my entire life. Sadly I never have as much courage as I want.

As for other qualities..Humility? I have that in moderation, even when I'm acting like an attention seeker. Patience? I can act very impatient about certain things, but I am usually okay with waiting if it's for the best in the end. Language? It's obvious that I'm gifted in that *hah* Rationality? I struggle with it, but I can learn certain aspects of logic easily and I actually like it. Idealism? I think we all know where I'm at when it comes to that part. Organization? I may be disorganized, but I can get very organized when I'm in the mood for it. Intuition? It's my way of knowing truth. Sharing about my feelings and openness to others? I am a paradox of someone who holds back a little socially and someone who can be explosively expressive.

However, I really need courage. On a deeply intuitive level, I ''just know'' where I am going and where I am meant to be in my life. However, what has been slowing me down is my lack of enough courage. For instance, I know deep down inside, there is this light that says I am going forward but I have bouts of self doubt. That is because I lack enough courage to face changes. I lack enough courage to quickly chase after what truly makes me the happiest in this lifetime. I lack enough courage to completely face that I can be strong in my opinions even when I am alone. I lack enough courage to let go a little of what used to give me smiles and stars when I was much younger. I lack enough courage although I am moving towards a place where I will be better in light, independence, strength even if it means standing alone. I keep repeatedly facing blocks of fear even though I am getting closer to completely realizing everything that I ever want in my entire life. I lack enough courage to make some changes in reality, I lack enough courage to let go of the unconscious need for social validation and I lack enough courage to entirely face that I can never go back to who I was.

It's a hard battle, but I hope I will get there. Courage is the quality I lack but need the most. It is a part of me I struggle to redefine.