• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs and gut feelings

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Things always go awry when I don't trust my first gut instinct, I tend to over think things if I don't and can end up ignoring either the utter awesome or horrible my body/emotional being is trying to tell me about.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Any of you other INFPs have a problem with trusting your instinct and it always turning out shitty that you didn't?

I can't give an accurate ratio for how often my gut is correct. But usually when it gets going it's because there probably really is something wrong, I could vocalize it but I won't until either I make a decision about it or wait it out to see if it's true (which I usually do). I guess it's a combination of functions in this order: Ne -> Si -> Fi. Then Te kind of shows up a little after and decides what it wants to do about it. It's the thing that tells me to wait until I get evidence for the gut feeling. Usually teaming up with Ne to see if there are other reasonable possibilities that could be going on.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Yeah, I know that feel. Often when I ignore my gut feeling it turns out I better should have listened to it.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Intuition can actually save you from danger, so it's wise not to underestimate it. At the same time it doesn't mean intuition should let someone do hypocritical or immoral acts. It's about balance; combine intuition with logic or trust yourself enough to let intuition lead you to a logical conclusion.

^^ This is very wise. Thank you.