• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] When Fe & Fi Go Awry: The Definitive NF guide to F-ness (Let the Antics Ensue)

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I feel like at least with Te, the implicit idol Te serves is logic and pragmatism. And, this is a really good thing because it's a universal leveler. It cuts through the human foibles that go hand in hand with the subjectivity that comes with emotions and personal agendas. The goal is getting [it] done.... And getting [it] done in the most direct, efficient, and practical way possible.

Actually, one of my beefs with Te-doms (especially ones like my ESTJ dad) is that they tend to place a big emphasis on authority and what's generally accepted. It's actually not level at all, since your arguments may be pitted against authority or a time-tested way of doing things (no matter how wrong). It can make for an exhausting, hugely uphill battle.

While I agree it's not personal, it's not necessarily level, either.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So back to whether Fi is more black and white or more shades of gray, I think it's both. It just depends on whether the Fi user is in puzzle solving mode (shades of gray), or in puzzle has been solved mode (black and white).

So in the case of my original 'Fi gone awry' example, I expended a great deal of mental energy working through all the ethical permutations of what Anita had done. (Ne supported by Fi.) This was when I was in puzzle-solving mode. I saw all the shades of gray, to the point where it was overwhelming. But once I concluded she was wrong to do what she did, the shades of gray became black and white. It almost was a relief to reach my conclusion, which in this case was that she was Wrong (with a capital W).

I don't know if every Fi user feels this way, but this is definitely the way it feels to me.

Or maybe it's just that the shades of gray are so overwhelming that I have to force a kind of order on them. Thus, in order to prevent me from drowning in the chaos of my Fi, I seek the black and white puzzle answer like a life preserver.

I hope this makes sense to someone other than myself. It's really hard for me to articulate my Fi.

Okay this totally just caught my eye. I haven’t caught up in the thread yet- but I want to post this. I think this is probably EXACTLY the equivalent of what we go through with Ti. If something has just been introduced to us, and we haven’t had the chance to mull it over- we can’t defend it or talk about it. We** need time to let ideas take shape before extraverting them- they can’t be articulated right away. And so often, dealing with someone who’s heavy on Te- it’s nothing short of masochistic to choose to keep dealing with the person.

I’m just going to flat out say it: this is EXACTLY the way the beginning of the doorslam thread reads. “THINK THIS! IT'S THE HEALTHIEST MOST APPROPRIATE CONCLUSION TO THINK!” So- if you relate that to your own Fi puzzle-solving condition of something being completely in a state of unresolved greys and having Fe come along “THIS SHOULD BE YOUR VALUE! IT’S THE HEALTHIEST MOST APPROPRIATE VALUE TO HAVE!” It’s like having a stadium blow-horn going off inches from your face- and the more introverted someone’s function is, the more sensitive their metaphorical hearing. Do you see how it got the “F#ck you” reaction that it did? Fe/Ti have two courses of action available as an immediate response: to say “you shouldn’t be so bossy” or to retreat, get squirrely and doorslam if necessary.

**By "we" here, I mean I think it applies to a great many INFJs, and possibly ENFJs as well (though I'm not sure about ENFJ).

edit:
I appreciate you saying this and actually this helps me understand a bit what sometimes seems like a perplexing silence on the part of INFJs during such discussions. I was typing this post while you posted yours. But if we go back to the analogy of how Fi and Ti have some things in common in that they are hard to articulate and need time to reflect, I completely get what you're saying.

Okay, crap, I hadn't even read to the end. :blush: I just got all excited and posted.

*goes to finish catching up on thread before posting anything else*

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, but you really kinda (from my perspective) need to accept that it did reflect badly on her, because you're the link the thing got traced back to.

oh, of course it reflected badly on her, but, while i have no desire to hurt her, i don't feel an extended obligation to protect her from her decisions either. we are each our own person and love her to death though i do, i'm not her personal whipping boy. it didn't look great for me when i got exposed as part of the chain either, but i didn't flip out on the person i told. why should i? it was my own doing, not hers. she's someone i confide in because i enjoy confiding in things with her, not a repository for my secrets or a scapegoat for when i screw up. when i asked her to keep it confidential i expected her to, but if i told her, i should have forseen that she might do the same thing too. i don't mind taking public crap for my bff - i'll defend her when others are being less than kind - but between us personally, i have trouble with being expected to uphold a standard that she herself broke. i expect friends to be more lenient with one another, not less.

If my friend had told me the secret, I'd have made sure not to say anything because I would be hyper-aware that if it got traced back to me, my friend would know I betrayed her confidence. Even if I heard the mentor talking about it to others. My obligation is not to the information, it's to the friend.

yeah. i get this. i was wrong in this way. i guess that it also hurts me that despite all the other secrets i've kept for her, she would consider breaking off our friendship based a single one. we're friends, not the FBI.

btw thanks for your help :)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
It sounds to me like Fi motives (my motives were good, and I didn't foresee that outcome) vs Fe outcome (this rotten outcome was preventable and I trusted you) might be what's at stake.

But if you trusted the person.. wouldn't you see their good intent??
And if you saw their good intent then wouldn't the whole situation have then been avoidable?

I don't know, maybe it's just the wording? But to my interpretation that makes Fe come across as very self righteous and kind of walks right into what the Fi user has been saying all along.

Prevention is everybody's business.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Seymour said it better than I could have. Educational systems are almost exclusively run by STJs. If the higher up admin varies, it would usually be someone like an ENTJ at the top. These are very Te heavy and do not allow for any Ti style theories of change, unless they have already been proven many times over and have come to be generally accepted.

Those who speak out against the accepted way of doing things in an organization often suffer similar consequences to Fi people interacting in a non-Fe approved manner. Ti users usually learn to silence themselves complete and learn to operate within the system, try to develop an entirely new system on their own, or they suffer the consequences of being the out there person who is always putting a spoke in the wheel of how daily business is carried out. While you may not be socially shunned, it can affect your ability to be promoted, having your ideas taken seriously or living with lower job satisfaction.

Being a Ti user has some very serious career implications, just as Fi users speaking openly does. I would argue that in both cases, the extroverted function tends to discriminate against introverted function users in very tangible ways.

In both cases the introverted function is too impractical and the extroverted function is too pragmatic. There need to be a balance of input from both for the optimum solutions to be found.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Wow this thread moves too fast! I need to learn to use the quote button! Sorry.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
fidelia said:
Being a Ti user has some very serious career implications, just as Fi users speaking openly does. I would argue that in both cases, the extroverted function tends to discriminate against introverted function users in very tangible ways.

This is very true in the corporate world. The extroverted functions are able to express/assert themselves on others better than the introverted functions. At least Te/Fe/Se.. I'm not really convinced Ne has much leeway socially- unless there's some practicality involved in an Ne-user's ideas.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Do you realize, EW, that you're doing the same thing with Te that we do with Fe? Just as it seems to be objective to us and the "right" way to do things, you think that your use of Te is serving logic exclusively, when it is just as subjective as Fe is to Fi. You've just told us that your way is the only way, the logical way, just as we tell you that Fe is the only practical, normal way of interaction and anything else is subjective and non-productive.

I was discussing something with Z Buck the other day. When I was a kid, I had severe allergies to certain animals. My cousins thought that I was being prissy and difficult when in fact my eyes were swollen shut and I was gasping for breath. However, I find myself struggling to understand other people who are allergic to other kinds of things like perfume or certain foods (I'm not talking life-threatening). It feels like they are just looking for attention, even though I intellectually do understand it's a very real problem and one that they can't help and that hampers their existence considerably because I've experienced it. It just feels different though when it's not me and it's a different allergy.

I think what we're looking at is a little bit similar.

I was just thinking to myself about the similarities between Fe and Te hegemony over their introverted cousins.

So this makes me see a whole other layer of subtleties here. For example, it seems like Fe is prone to discount any argument that doesn't acknowledge the goal as Fe sees it... just in the same way that Te does.

I would also say that while Fe and Te are not free of bias, they are inherently more objective than their introverted cousins. So yes, this Fi user is saying that, in general, Fe is more objective than Fi. By the same token Te is, in general, more objective than Ti.

But objectivity is NOT always the ideal. In other words, this externalized view of things / objectivity will only take you so far.

So if I were to go back to the analogy of the Fi being a lot like Ti in the sense that they are both introverted, hard to articulate, need time to reflect, and are more subjective than their extraverted cousins, some interesting thoughts come to mind:

#1 - If Te and Fe are more objective than Ti and Fi, then Ti and Fi shouldn't try to argue that they are equally objective when compared with Te and Fe. In other words, let's be upfront that Ti and Fi are more subjective. This isn't a bad thing... or a weakness... as long as you don't measure goodness and strength only by Te/Fe standards. Ti and Fi can tap into things that Fe and Te cannot. And in these arenas, they kick Te's and Fe's *ss. I feel like part of Fe and Fi getting along (and Te and Ti, too) is everyone acknowledging that there are two sets of standards here... and both are equally valid... and they are both different. Everyone needs to quit trying to make one live up to the standards of the other. See #2 for more about this.

#2 - Both Te/Fe users and Ti/Fi users need to understand that what seems true and authentic for them, does NOT seem true and authentic for the other. So instead of trying to tell the other they've got it all wrong, maybe they ought to try to learn to communicate with the other in a manner the other understands. For example, if you are a Ti user and you want to point out to a Te user that they are not validating or acknowledging your Ti position, then perhaps using some straightforward logical arguments is the best approach.

Ti User: "You know everyone has something to offer don't they? And also everyone has a subjective reality. I'm not disagreeing with your logic regarding ABC. But that doesn't mean there is not validity in my what I'm saying either. And, it feels like you're not willing to acknowledge that."

Te User: "I see what you're saying. You're right. And, of course, how you see things is important to me. While the solution I proposed is probably the quickest way to a solution, what you're saying is logically correct and my solution doesn't take this into account.​

^^^^^
To me the above exchange is good because it's not pandering to either side. It's acknowledging what each function does best. (BTW, let me be upfront that I need to clean up above exchange here. In other words, I'm still a little weak in my ability to articulate what Ti is good at.)

The analogy would also hold true for a conversation between and Fe and Fi user.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Prevention is everybody's business.

haha, well, not to duck out of responsibility, but you Ni users have a leg up on that one. which one of the 100,000 possibilities that i see am i supposed to prevent? lol!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think it's interesting how similar the Fe/Fi conflict is with the Te/Ti conflict.
Te tends to be so sure of its conclusions that it seems less of a need to go through the meticulous and never-ending analysis process Ti often goes through.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
haha, well, not to duck out of responsibility, but you Ni users have a leg up on that one. which one of the 100,000 possibilities that i see am i supposed to prevent? lol!

Ne would also be very useful in prevention since it builds on preexisting ideas and then seeks to branch from there.
So the original idea is "prevention" Now, just imagine the possibilities :laugh:
Or the original idea could be.. "what could go wrong?" ha ha!!.. SO the playing field is pretty even I would think.

But in direct relation to what I meant. I meant conflict avoidance is everyone's responsibility.
Fe is not crying after the fact, "I trusted you, this was avoidable".
It would be avoidable if trust existed in the 1st place.
And what is the Fe user doing then.. giving away all their power??

I am seriously confused.. as usual..

EDIT: thinking about it.. I can just see myself doing exactly that very recently.

I went on about me being foolish for trusting someone and how it could have been avoided if the person was just consistent.. and not really giving their "intentions" a second thought . So go figure. :shrug:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
oh, of course it reflected badly on her, but, while i have no desire to hurt her, i don't feel an extended obligation to protect her decisions either. we are each our own person and love her to death though i do, i'm not her whipping boy. it didn't look great for me when i got exposed as part of the chain either, but i didn't flip out on the person i told. why should i? it was my own doing, not hers. she's someone i confide in because i enjoy confiding in things with her, not a repository for my secrets or a shield to protect myself. when i asked her to keep it confidential i expected her to, but if i told her, i should have forseen that she might do the same thing too. we are human. good friends, but human.

yeah. i get this. i guess that it also hurts me that despite all the other secrets i've kept for her, she would consider breaking off our friendship based a single one. we're friends, not the FBI.

btw thanks for your help :)

One thought. I think in this case, you're probably just making things worse on the friendship by giving your reasoning and trying to point out her blame in the situation. It makes it look like you don't really get why what you did was wrong. For an exaggerated example, think of a husband that cheats then tells his wife that he was drunk and the other chick was coming on to him, and he's never cheated before and won't again, so she should just forgive him and move on. It's discounting her feelings of betrayal. She feels like you betrayed her confidence, and instead of being sorry, you're being sorry with a whole bunch of qualifiers. So it sounds like you don't really get that what you did was wrong. Which is and would be a problem for me, if a friend didn't get it. I know it's confusing, but I really think this is an instance where you should take one for the team. There are probably times when she weighs the importance of her feelings against the importance of maintaining your friendship, too, but doesn't tell you. :smile:

Btw, this is in no way supposed to sound scolding or anything--it's only and solely meant to provide the Fe perspective. :-D

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
This is very true in the corporate world. The extroverted functions are able to express/assert themselves on others better than the introverted functions. At least Te/Fe/Se.. I'm not really convinced Ne has much leeway socially- unless there's some practicality involved in an Ne-user's ideas.

I think it's interesting how similar the Fe/Fi conflict is with the Te/Ti conflict.
Te tends to be so sure of its conclusions that it seems less of a need to go through the meticulous and never-ending analysis process Ti often goes through.

I thought your comments were very interesting Mondo. You're right that the corporate world places a much higher value on Te/Fe/Se than Ti/Fi/Se. These things are rewarded and the ROI is usually tangible. But the introverted functions do have value, even if they don't fit into corporate America's PnL spreadsheets.

And, the more I think about it, the more I'm amazed at the similarities between Fe/Fi conflict with Te/Ti conflict.

I can see, from an evolutionary perspective, why Te and Fe would be important. Sometimes, you need to just get sh*t done. (Or in the case of Fe, sometimes people need to just got shut up and get along.)

But there's also an evolutionary advantage to the "meticulous and never-ending [analytical] process" that Fi and Ti are so good at.... Much more precise. And, much more subtle.

Wow! There is so much for me to process. This thread is truly amazing. Thanks everyone for their input.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought your comments were very interesting Mondo. You're right that the corporate world places a much higher value on Te/Fe/Se than Ti/Fi/Se. These things are rewarded and the ROI is usually tangible. But the introverted functions do have value, even if they don't fit into corporate America's PnL spreadsheets.

And, the more I think about it, the more I'm amazed at the similarities between Fe/Fi conflict with Te/Ti conflict.

I can see, from an evolutionary perspective, why Te and Fe would be important. Sometimes, you need to just get sh*t done. (Or in the case of Fe, sometimes people need to just got shut up and get along.)

But there's also an evolutionary advantage to the "meticulous and never-ending [analytical] process" that Fi and Ti are so good at.... Much more precise. And, much more subtle.

Wow! There is so much for me to process. This thread is truly amazing. Thanks everyone for their input.

This is definitely how Te and Fe work in a dominant position, but I don't think they really behave like that when in the auxiliary. They can also be used in a more complimentary manner to a higher-level introverted function.

ISFJs, for instance, are more concerned with keeping current social systems in place than making everybody happy or get along.

On the Te side, an INTJ uses Te more as a filter for Ni nonsense than as a function for leading organizations as it would appear in a dominant role. It's more for fact-checking, and making sure my own ideas are realistic than making others go where I want them to go.

I think the position of any function in the hierarchy of preferences has a big impact on how it actually manifests itself.

KDude

Or in the case of Fe, sometimes people need to just got shut up and get along.)

Again, not necessarily. Do you know how an INTJ will dismiss some perspectives with their Te when they (in their words) have already considered them? INFJ will often do the same. Although it may not seem that way. They will sit back and reexamine, and then offer up an idea that doesn't necessarily "get along" with the group, but directs with another spin that takes more things into account and tries to get along at the same time. Believe it or not, INTJs do the same thing, and try to incorporate as much as they can. Phil Jackson (Lakers coach) comes to mind. Instead of following common wisdom that would call Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant individualistic ballhogs, and try to make them conform to typical team playbooks that suppressed their individual skills, he saw their strengths for what they were and built playbooks that incorporated their need to have the ball - while at the same time, had them in plays that opened up their court vision, and made it impossible for them to ignore their teammates (it's call the triangle offense, if you want to look it up). Eh, I'm not explaining it well..needless to say, he's a genius. And my point is that Ni isn't so closeminded in either INJ's case. An INFJ doesn't just become a "Yes" man/woman to whoever's calling the shots, and "Fe's" others to join along. They step out of it, and offer a Ni point of view that tries it's best to accomodate whatever/whoever may be left out. I keep trying to drive the point home that they are NF idealists, no different than Ne Fi, just in a different way. Where Ne sees "oneness" everywhere, Ni sees multiple perspectives, and Fe wants to pick the best one that makes people happy. Not the typical view that is "groupthink" and necessarily suppresses the individual.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is how I would say it too, but I would propose that it's not even a conscious assumption for her -- it IS reality, and doing things that fly in the face of her reality not only don't make sense but seem insane. The alternate pathway you offer probably doesn't even look reasonable or trustworthy, it flies in the face of what she sees as real, and to accept it would be an insane act of faith.

That's what I mean by "unconscious frame of reference," she doesn't even know or accept it's one of many, it's simply "reality."

One typical conflict here is in deciding what is "fake harmony" vs "honest disagreement." I'm thinking what is fake to one seems real to another; and what seems honest to another seems unnecessarily disruptive to another.

I don't disagree that sometimes the harmony IS fake; but I also think sometimes the "honesty" is inappropriate. The only way I've been able to determine which it is (for me, and again I know I'm just one individual trying to do the best she can to be fair and honest with people) is to look at my long-term goal in a situation, and seeing which behavior contributes more to reaching that goal. Another approach is to judge my own motivations: If I realize I've done things the "nice way" because I'm being a coward, then I need to change what I'm doing; likewise, if I'm "honest" out of personal convenience without giving a shit about the other person and their views and end up making her life unnecessarily hard for my own benefit when I had other reasonable options, then I've erred as well.

@bold: that’s really how I see it too. For the most part I mirror other people’s capacity for “honesty”. I’m personally more comfortable on the honest/inappropriate end of the spectrum, but I’ll dish out the “fake harmony” if that’s the kind of person I’m talking to. And I can see how it’s perceived as being fake, though that does seem like a narrow-minded and somewhat egocentric view to me. Like Jennifer said above- the “fake harmony” is genuine reality to some people; and I don’t think communicating to them in their own language is any more fake than communicating to someone in Italian while visiting Italy (and it does seem egocentric to me to go to another country and expect them to speak to you in your native tongue). The words may all be in English, but the “honesty” is still definitely lost in translation (it becomes “inappropriate”).

(2.) How conscious are you of your personal priorities (beyond the collective moral standards)?

2# I know what's important to me and to you, and if I don't, I will find out.
I don't think Fe is flat out rule follower, I think a few people have mentioned that each rule or moral standard has been evaluated and distilled.
There is more personal attachment than people seem to realize.
Fe isn't just about knowing what makes everybody feel good and sticking to it. It about reacting to the mood and environment around you.. Fe is sensitive to the moods of others and changes in the environment. Most attempts at bringing harmony to a situation are actually selfish in motivation.

OMG TOTALLY. This has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves, and why this topic makes me so hot under the collar. I may take outside values into account- but at the end of the day- what I stick to is ALWAYS the stuff that I’ve processed through Ti (and/or whatever Fi I may have) and which makes the most sense to me. I don’t choose Fe rules arbitrarily, I’m as mindful as I know how to be in choosing which ones serve a purpose and where/when variations must be applied.

This is why I agree with the sentiment Tallulah shared about Fe being an amalgamation of Fi values- that’s what I strive for, a Fe that is an amalgamation of Fi values, a set of rules that steps on other people’s toes as little as possible. At the same time, I can relate to why Peacebaby disagreed; it’s a bold claim to make. It’s not something we can decide is true about ourselves really, it’s just self-evident and we either present it or we don’t. I think it’s what separates the people with overzealous extraverted judging functions (which these Fe/Fi debates seem to really be about) from those whose extraverted judging functions don’t feel oppressive to others. There are plenty of Fe/Te doms who don’t fall into the trap of inadvertently bullying/discounting the feelings of other people, in the way Te and Fe are negatively stereotyped- in spite of having a dominant Je function.

I’m not sure that^ makes sense, so anyone who thinks they can expound on it in a way that makes it clearer, I’d welcome it.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
If Fe was purely an amalgamation of Fi values, then you would "know" what Fi is talking about, no, even if you disagreed with it? When you saw Fi you would recognize an Fi value and, presumably, if you create your rules from Fi, this amalgamation, this bubble of Fe should be widening all throughout your life with every Fi user you meet. Theoretically, it would exceed any individual Fi user's depth and should thus be so broad in scope to be practically universal in application.

Yet, I will posit: this does not happen for most Fe users; actually none I know either. I think most people formulate an Fe bubble throughout the formative years and a set of "rules" from that, and that set of rules becomes more static; something that could be so flexible, becomes far more rigid and controlling. "This is right, this is not" ... new situations and people can appear to be disrupting an implicitly agreed upon harmony that has guided an Fe user up to this point in their own life.

In this scenario, of Fe being a bubble that expands, the individual's voice, the voice of Fi, is nothing to avoid, or fear, or need to control. It simply is more data to add to an ever-widening pool of experience.

That's why I have to believe there's more depth to Fi than Fe "sees", because if Fe could see it, it would care, wouldn't it? As you point out above ZBuck? In order to foster more and more harmony within the group?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If Fe was purely an amalgamation of Fi values, then you would "know" what Fi is talking about, no, even if you disagreed with it? When you saw Fi you would recognize an Fi value and, presumably, if you create your rules from Fi, this amalgamation, this bubble of Fe should be widening all throughout your life with every Fi user you meet. Theoretically, it would exceed any individual Fi user's depth and should thus be so broad in scope to be practically universal in application.

I didn't say the goal was to encapsulate the entirety of every sound Fi judgment that crosses my path, and I didn't say it was purely an amalgamation of Fi. For obvious reasons, Fe will never supercede Fi in depth. My point was simply that adding as much depth to a Fe judgment as possible is what seperates the intolerable Fe users from the thoughtful ones. The same goes for Te. There are some Te/Fe users that come across as too domineering and some that don't- it isn't about the extraverted function itself, it's about the mindfulness with which one uses it.

In this scenario, of Fe being a bubble that expands, the individual's voice, the voice of Fi, is nothing to avoid, or fear, or need to control. It simply is more data to add to an ever-widening pool of experience.

^Yeah.

That's why I have to believe there's more depth to Fi than Fe "sees", because if Fe could see it, it would care, wouldn't it? As you point out above ZBuck? In order to foster more and more harmony within the group?

I'm not really sure I understand this part. I mean that's the whole point of expanding the Fe bubble- to foster more harmony: not in the imposed "fake harmony" sense, but in the sense of truly generating more authentic harmony.

See- at it's best- Fe truly wants everyone to feel respected and it doesn't decide how to go about that task on it's own, it uses feedback from people on what actually makes them feel respected.