• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INFJ and INFP favorite words?

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
here's one of mine:

edify

(here's some context: i'm compiling a list of words for my mother, who is an infj and for whom english is a second language, so she can express herself better and also learn new ideas. :))

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
So why INFP / INFJ words? I don't see why these would be inherently different than words ENFPs and INFPs find cool.

On that note, let me shamelessly offer some of my recent crush words. (<--- Isn't that a great term? Crush words. I picked that up from an INFJ. I love it. And, it makes me think of him every time I use it. :wubbie:)

• Vuvuzela (aka lepatata)
  • Desultory
  • Bedsit
  • Gadabout

and Juggernaut has been stuck in my head a lot lately.

JUGGERNAUT. Ahhhh.... now that I've said it aloud, it feels like I just scratched an itch.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I guess the word I use most is Scheiße (and I don't actually speak the language). Favorite is probably desnudate...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Right now I think my favorite word is nap.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ indeed.

No really, indeed is one of my favorite words.

The word "debridement" has been going through my mind lately. Not cause I needed any, just because I've been at the dentist's office a lot lately.

And egad, yes, the dreaded vuvuzela ... I love the word, almost came to love the noise a'la World Cup!

And egad, another wonderful word ... I could go on and on and on ...

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Egad is one of my favorites, too!

In reference to the OP, Velocity's mom might appreciate these online resources for people who love words:

WORDNIK. Wordnik.com.. Very cool Website for wordies with all sorts of interesting lists.

VISUAL THESAURUS. She might also find The Visual Thesaurus a very helpful resource.

^^^^^^
I love both these Websites.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Esoteric, this is for INFJ and INFPs. At least wait for them to participate some more.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Esoteric, this is for INFJ and INFPs. At least wait for them to participate some more.

So why INFP / INFJ words? I don't see why these would be inherently different than words ENFPs and INFPs find cool.

On that note, let me shamelessly offer some of my recent crush words. (<--- Isn't that a great term? Crush words. I picked that up from an INFJ. I love it. And, it makes me think of him every time I use it. :wubbie:)

• Vuvuzela (aka lepatata)
  • Desultory
  • Bedsit
  • Gadabout

and Juggernaut has been stuck in my head a lot lately.

JUGGERNAUT. Ahhhh.... now that I've said it aloud, it feels like I just scratched an itch.

Deja Vu, I don't get you saying this. And, I certainly don't want to get us derailed on the "who is allowed to participate in a thread" debate. But, I see no harm in querying #1 - why the OP put INFJ/INFP in the title. And, #2 - Offering a suggestion that might help the OP's mother.

<Warning, Fi Value Statement Coming On>
I appreciate you expressing your thoughts, Deja Vu. But I feel like unless the OP specifically says that only a certain type should reply (or is in a private forum reserved for posts only for a particular type), that any thread is open to any type to respond to.

And frankly, this idea I occasionally hear bandied about, that it's inappropriate for types other than those mentioned in the OP to respond is... well let's just say it deeply offends my Fi's sense of right and wrong.

We're all here to learn from each other. And, some of the most insightful posts I've read on this forum have been by people who were of types not listed in the OP. (Now obnoxiously taking over a thread by anyone of any type is a different matter. That's annoying regardless of type.)</Fi Value Statement>

Thanks and have a great day! :hug:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a love of adjectives.

прилагательные :wubbie:

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Limpid

Humility

Redemption

Pure

Hilltop

Moor

Lantern

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm loving the words people. I will try to remember some ('edify'! :happy2::heart: ) and integrate them into my vocabulary :). On the whole, I'm less about specific words and more about interesting combinations of them; nonetheless, here goes:

Based primarily on the way they sound:

- copious
- supercilious
- ubiquitous
- elongated

Based on enjoyment of usage:

- disingenuous
- gratifying
- inane
- disdain
- pretentious
- incongruous