• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Develop Se

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
How do you stay in the moment? Thats where I wan tot be. Always. Nowhere else. Good times...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Start looking around you, the physical surrounding, notice details. Walk outside, in the nature, try to notice things how they are, see, smell, taste, touch. Any physical activity helps in developing Se. Do, act, move, enjoy the movement. Dancing is a good way to get to know your Se. Travel to another town, check out your new surrounding, enjoy it. Travel to other countries and so on. ;)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do some sports and other present, six sense based activities. Just trying to notice things seems really tiring...but yeah...find an indirect motivation (like sports).

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Listen to music and have sex/masturbate. That's what I do :).

Se is all about acting and reacting.

KDude

I've never had much difficulty with Se. I don't really care for it much per se.. yet, I can still control myself to ollie off a 6 foot ledge, dunk a basketball, qualify as a decent Wide Reciever, like playing guitars, see cats about to run in front of my car, catch falling dishes, etc.. I don't know what Se is to me, other than I'm good at all of this stuff that seems Se like. I'm kind of wondering why that is.. I've been thinking I could be INFJ, and an SP wannabe (Se inferior :rolleyes:). That, or I really am ISFP with high Ni. Nobody likes that either. :laugh: I get lost in my thoughts and generally enjoy "intellectual" matters more, get bored after awhile with Se stuff, and move on. That's all I know. As for how you get better, I once suggested to someone to just ride a bike. That pretty much requires a lot of environmental awareness, sensory control, etc.. Better yet, ride a bike with your off hand, and eat a cupcake with the other. I did that once, and wiped out. But it was a good lesson probably :rolleyes:

Seriously though.. Perhaps if you incorporated something like that enough into your lifestyle, it could trickle into other areas. :confused:

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
These are all great suggestions - basically you just have to practice using that function.

The fastest way though, in my opinion, is to get ambushed, mugged, and beaten up by a gang. I've had this happen to me before. Guaranteed fastest way to get your Se function working hard and fast as you now have an enormous reason to use it. That way, every time you step outside your senses are automatically on full throttle - so you stay alert, watch approaching corners for potential ambush, keep your body facing forward towards anyone that comes within striking distance of you so you're ready to defend yourself if they attack, etc. Never again will you find me with my head in the clouds while I'm outside. This may come with a lot of anxiety, but that will fade over time as this becomes habitual.

I'm not kidding, either.

KDude

Yeah! I almost got gangraped like that once.. down to being chased into some Hollywood-esque type of parking garage, crawling around under cars.. running off to a high skyrise, tricking people that I was in one elevator, and not another.. :rolleyes: I was living in a Brian DePalma film.

Training Se.. serious business.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's futile. Se is one of the ENFPs unconscious functions. You have no control over it. HA HA!

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've never had much difficulty with Se. I don't really care for it much per se.. yet, I can still control myself to ollie off a 6 foot ledge, dunk a basketball, qualify as a decent Wide Reciever, like playing guitars, see cats about to run in front of my car, catch falling dishes, etc.. I don't know what Se is to me, other than I'm good at all of this stuff that seems Se like. I'm kind of wondering why that is.. I've been thinking I could be INFJ, and an SP wannabe (Se inferior :rolleyes:). That, or I really am ISFP with high Ni. Nobody likes that either. :laugh: I get lost in my thoughts and generally enjoy "intellectual" matters more, get bored after awhile with Se stuff, and move on. That's all I know. As for how you get better, I once suggested to someone to just ride a bike. That pretty much requires a lot of environmental awareness, sensory control, etc.. Better yet, ride a bike with your off hand, and eat a cupcake with the other. I did that once, and wiped out. But it was a good lesson probably :rolleyes:

Seriously though.. Perhaps if you incorporated something like that enough into your lifestyle, it could trickle into other areas. :confused:

Sometimes I think I'm ISFP as well, especially after reading how ESFP and ENFP are look a likes and ISFP and ENFP have similar functions in different realms(ISFP is more capable of making ideas reality and make the best artists while ENFP stays stuck in the primordial mind stew).

Threads like this tend to confuse me because while I'm not the most coordinated or athletic person I can catch things and hit targets. The only problem I have with living in the now is that P prevents me from doing it in a timely manner. Other than that, I do get lost in thoughts (intellectual and otherwise) and fantasy; I also have trouble acting out my ideas but no problem dreaming about them. I guess that's where Ne vs Se is, I'm not on the reality plane most of the time.

I'm still working on getting myself into reality sector but I try to re-focus and focus. I'm learning how to focus by doing exercises and focusing on the breathing, control and awareness. This comes easily. Hindu squats and hindu pushups are doing a LOT for my mental clarity and present mindedness.

gromit

likes this
How do you stay in the moment? Thats where I wan tot be. Always. Nowhere else. Good times...

Really try to taste and smell the food you're eating as you eat it. Enjoy it! :) I think that's an easy one for most people. And good for your health too.

But I don't think it's ALWAYS good to be in the moment. Why do you want to be?

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
I find things that require a lot of focus, like step aerobics or rock climbing or group study of anything, to be helpful if you need something external pulling your attention to the moment.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ne is already in the moment. No need to try and turn yourself into something you're not.

As an INTJ, I am an Se user, even though it's inferior. It's valuable, helps one to "get things done," but I don't know why it would be preferable to Ne, for someone who is Ne dominant. Growth in Se means an automatic loss of Ne, which would happen. Se and Ne are in direct conflict with each other, not like Se and Ni, or Ne and Si.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Knife fight with Vanilla Ice?

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Knife fight with Vanilla Ice?
Your age is showing *tickles*

Working on Se may yield benefits when the zombie apocalypse comes. Remember Columbus's first rule: Cardio. The fatties are always the first to die.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This sounds very similar to "mindfulness". Which can be a purely mental exercise of being aware of your environment and by focusing on it. If by Se you mean physical activity I'd suggest at the minimum some cardio. Exercise is awesome when you get into a regimen that works for you. Nothing like being high on your own brain chemicals.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Yea, I need to get back to working out. I use to play basketball. Everyday. But its been a few years. Been really lazy of late.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's why I used to love drag racing and riding horses. It was really engaging and got me as present as I'll ever be.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
What is it with ENFJ and horse back riding?