User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Questions for INFPs about INFPs

I just decided to start a general thread where questions can be asked of INFPs.

Also, what do you think of INFPglobalchatter? I'm especially interested in NFs who don't like INFPgc or else don't visit there for some other reason. What would need to change in order for you to make it a place you enjoyed posting at regularly?

Here is another question: What differences do you notice between INFPs?

MBTI
    type

Discussions about INFPs can continue in this thread.

Discussions about INFPGlobalChatter have been moved here.

Carry on.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    infp

Here is another question: What differences do you notice between INFPs?
    I think some are rowdier than others.
    Some have less developed senses of humor, which can cause them to not only take things to heart, but then after the fact, they can't really get over it...

I think some infps are communists.
    and others are anarchists.

Some are too darn silly and think everything is funny, while others take disagreement as a sign that the Antichrist has risen...

While I don't directly support the Antichrist, I would like to say I appreciate his right to exist. As an infp I support the underdog, and would like everyone to give the Antichrist a freakin break!

Unfortunately I have noticed these differences in the general public as well... So I have to say my typism is not really that great...

What can I say that is "typist"? I can't really. My function analysis and understanding of type and my personal attention span is just not there, and I am far too unable to objectively view the situation...

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, I'm an INFJ, but I'd like to answer. As of yet, I haven't really percieved the type. I mean, as Alienclock says, in Alienclock's illimitable and deceptively nebulous way (seek the sense within the soul, or the soul within the sense) there's a lot of diversity here. It might be easier to see the samenesses and differences in person. Perhaps I am too close to the question?

I'm getting a feel for INTP's tho.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
    -- Unknown

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 03:15 PM.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm an INFP and so is my dad. When he told me he was, I literally didn't believe him. I agree with Alienclock in that some are more serious than others. I am light-hearted and let things go, whereas my dad is very easily ticked off.

INFPs process all their information to find meaning in it, so I think INFPs might differ more than other groups because their personalities depend more on what they are exposed to.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    FWIW I suspect INFPs aren't that good for each other, but I haven't known enough irl to be sure about that.
    My wife and I are both INFPs. It was kind of rough at times in the first couple years. Not only did we get defensive pretty easily and quickly, but since our Feeling is introverted we often couldn't see when one of us was getting fed up. Arguments tended to come out of nowhere and be pretty bitter.

It took a while to work out our signals. We had to learn to give each other a lot of room to do our own things, and we had to learn to lay aside the defensiveness and just take it on faith that everything was going to work out in the end. Nowadays (after 7 1/2 years living together), everything's good. Lots of fun and interaction and love. We snap at each other once in a while, but we shrug it off just seconds later.

By the way, interactions between INFP friends work out fine. My wife and I used to get together with an INFP/ENFP couple, and the three of us INFPs were so low-key that we would literally nod off when visiting. It took the ENFP wife to make plans and get us on our feet to do something.

FL

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Dufresne View Post
    I'm an INFP and so is my dad. When he told me he was, I literally didn't believe him. I agree with Alienclock in that some are more serious than others. I am light-hearted and let things go, whereas my dad is very easily ticked off.

INFPs process all their information to find meaning in it, so I think INFPs might differ more than other groups because their personalities depend more on what they are exposed to.
    My wife is more placid than me and more likely to sulk when angry. I get nitpicky and controlling when angry or stressed.

But we're both pretty playful and easygoing otherwise.

FL

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    I think some are rowdier than others.
    Some have less developed senses of humor, which can cause them to not only take things to heart, but then after the fact, they can't really get over it...

I think some infps are communists.
    and others are anarchists.

Some are too darn silly and think everything is funny, while others take disagreement as a sign that the Antichrist has risen...

While I don't directly support the Antichrist, I would like to say I appreciate his right to exist. As an infp I support the underdog, and would like everyone to give the Antichrist a freakin break!

Unfortunately I have noticed these differences in the general public as well... So I have to say my typism is not really that great...

What can I say that is "typist"? I can't really. My function analysis and understanding of type and my personal attention span is just not there, and I am far too unable to objectively view the situation...

Well, since I am INFP and, therefore have an unusual ability to sense these things, I predict the AntiChrist (and yes you should capitalize Christ , you antiChrist Aliencock! ) will be female.

And she will exist, oh yes she will. She will be the great WHORE and will fuck you all.

But then, is that necessarily a bad thing? I ask you? I mean whatever is antiChrist is just a subjective judgement call. And I think that INFPs most of all should realize that everything is subjective, after all.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alesia View Post

Well, since I am INFP and, therefore have an unusual ability to sense these things, I predict the AntiChrist (and yes you should capitalize Christ , you antiChrist Aliencock! ) will be female.

And she will exist, oh yes she will. She will be the great WHORE and will fuck you all.

But then, is that necessarily a bad thing? I ask you? I mean whatever is antiChrist is just a subjective judgement call. And I think that INFPs most of all should realize that everything is subjective, after all.
    wtf