• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for INFPs about INFPs

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My sister has tested INFP, but her Sensing and Extroversion are stronger than mine. I'm borderline INFJ-INFP with strong Introversion and iNtuition, but weaker on the last two. My mother is probably an INFP as well. My SO is pretty sure I'm an INFP at this point and his sister has tested as one.

I never made close childhood friends. It wasn't until I had college roommates that i was able to establish friendships. I tended to admire people from a distance and always had an intense and unfulfilled crush that would last for years even at age nine. During my loneliest time as a teenager at a boarding school, I would make up imaginary scenarios all the time on social outings. I would also wander off into nature any chance I found and would invent a paradise for myself. A rusted bridge over a muddy river wasn't a dilapidated scene, but the softness of the brown water and the sparkles of the sunlight on it were part of the magic for me. The bridge had years of stories to tell about people who had crossed over it with every imaginable experience. Being around people was typically a source of pain and loneliness for me because I couldn't connect no matter how hard I tried, but being alone was the fulfillment of my every fantasy.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think from about age ten to about thirty I was "addicted to pining." There was something appealing to me about a sense of longing for a nebulous something that was lacking in my life.

In retrospect I think it was ME!

heart

heart on fire
I was big time into pining from age 13 to 16, it was a high art for me, religious ecstacy lol. (The crushes that Toonia mentions) Then real life slapped me in the face and not much time or energy for pining then. I remember those highs with wistfulness though.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I never made close childhood friends. It wasn't until I had college roommates that i was able to establish friendships. I tended to admire people from a distance and always had an intense and unfulfilled crush that would last for years even at age nine. During my loneliest time as a teenager at a boarding school, I would make up imaginary scenarios all the time on social outings. I would also wander off into nature any chance I found and would invent a paradise for myself. A rusted bridge over a muddy river wasn't a dilapidated scene, but the softness of the brown water and the sparkles of the sunlight on it were part of the magic for me. The bridge had years of stories to tell about people who had crossed over it with every imaginable experience. Being around people was typically a source of pain and loneliness for me because I couldn't connect no matter how hard I tried, but being alone was the fulfillment of my every fantasy.

Other than the portions in bold, I can relate to everything else you said here. I knew there was a reason that I thought that INFP was a viable type for myself at one point.

Last edited:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm kinda silly....there are things I won't talk about in my past...probably because I'm still angry, angry. Whilst I'm definitely sensitive, I'm not that sensitive...Fluffy, fuzzy, cuddly can annoy me, I'm kinda dark, bitter and twisted actually, I'm not much of a peace maker, rather a peace desirer, and I will fight to get it.
Ah....can't think of anything else. You guys, will see soon enough what I'm like, anyway, I'm sure you guys have figured out opinionated!

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm kinda silly....there are things I won't talk about in my past...probably because I'm still angry, angry. Whilst I'm definitely sensitive, I'm not that sensitive...Fluffy, fuzzy, cuddly can annoy me, I'm kinda dark, bitter and twisted actually, I'm not much of a peace maker, rather a peace desirer, and I will fight to get it.
Ah....can't think of anything else. You guys, will see soon enough what I'm like, anyway, I'm sure you guys have figured out opinionated!

Totally Agree. I am the peace desirer and will fight tooth and nail to get there.

The "fluffy, fuzzy, cuddly" thing depends.
I like when it comes from a place of meaning not extravagance or frivolousness, y'know?

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
personaly i disliked infpgc. everyone was very hostile towards newcomers.
anywho, differences between infp's.
well i discovered 3 of my very close friends and i were all infp's. oddly enough i could never have dreamed we all had the same personality type. when i thought about it, they all shared similar characteristics, but could have never told simply by their looks or way of interacting with others.
defiantly not a very 'by the book' type. my psychology teacher tried to guess out types and was completely wrong on all of us.
strange.