• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What do ENFPs think of INFPs?

ubee0173

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
i think they balance each other out nicley. my intp friend keeps me from doing over the top crazy shit. they tend to know when enough fun is enough fun- and usually they are right.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
i think they balance each other out nicley. my intp friend keeps me from doing over the top crazy shit. they tend to know when enough fun is enough fun- and usually they are right.

There is no INTP around here....Can we get in some fun?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think I know an INFP irl. He is a trainwreck but a very good person, so I like him.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I like them. I've met 3 irl and I get along with all of them. I really like N's, especially those who have a good balance between F and T. I don't like it when certain F's try to make everything sappy and meaning-of-life-y just as how I don't like T's who don't care about other people's feelings at all. An intellectually mature N however is just awesome and that includes INFP's.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yep, I agree on the good balance of F and T. Warm-hearted and cool-headed at the same time.

caboose

MBTI Type
INFP
Until we FREAK OUT

Agreed ^_^

I'm usually level headed, but I can get stubborn as a mule when I make up my mind about something and I can get extremely mean while pursuing it, if something's in my way. I'm usually on gaurd against that though.

I really like ENFPs though. There are only time I can recall getting too annoyed with one's tendecy to talk a lot was when my ENFP BC (I'm in ROTC) told me about something he wanted my to do, and told me about it, and told me about it......I really wanted to tell him "Got it sir, bye" but just couldn't quite bring myself to do it. Probably because of the whole cadet/LTC thing :).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love INFPs. Actually, I admire them, and was a wanna-be INFP for a while :D

I love that soft innocent glow they have, those big puppy eyes, the depth that they're oozing. That otherworldly beauty. I love how they can live up in the clouds so much and have such an incredibly fantasy world build up, how they can make me feel all calm and at peace and like I'm no longer on this world, but in some fantasy land, far far away. I love how they see beauty in everything, and can appreciate music and art with such refinement. I love how they make you feel at ease and trust them instantly as they feel like the most harmless creatures around.

And I also love their dark side. I love watching their eyes turn to a storm, see that wrath grow and know that they're a force to be reckonned with. I love to see them get protective of their loved ones, and wrip their enemies to emotional shreds. It's like watching a volcano errupt..beautiful and beyond scary all at the same time. I love how they're not afraid to explore the dark and negative emotions that all others run from.

On the flip side, it does drain me that they often see the world in such negative gloom and although I do enjoy watching it at first, the Fi-Si loop is very much draining on my positive nature, after a while. INxPs that are stuck in their cynical world view coz they're too obstinate to want to build a bridge between their pristine ideal fantasy world and reality, are hard to endure, as that feeling of wallowing and melancholy, as well as fatalism is incredibly depressing. Still...I consider it a challenge to put a smile on their face at that point ;)

The other thing that sometimes annoys me is the elitism. I get it, it's a defense mechanism and a result of refining your tastes and identity, but it excludes others and makes you judgemental, imo, and since that's one of my personal Fi values...I kinda get annoyed at that :alttongue:

Chloe

i like INFP men who are mature and not whiney. currently my favorite type of men.
I like INFP women who are also mature, I know a few who are so... well, they shine. Completely opposite of any stereotype, extremely confident, capable... knowing a few like that i am sure it wasnt a coincidence.

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like INFPs. Of course I do!

My brother is one, and we're close...close in a way that two more dissimilar types couldn't be.

I like his off-the-wall comments. You think he zoning out and all of the sudden it becomes very apparent that his mind was zipping through a train of associations because SHAZAM, there's the thought popping out of his mouth and its off-the-wall completely. This is cool.

He's affectionate. Gah, love this.

He's steadier than I am. Every bit as irresponsible, in many ways, but less prone to the tumultuous outbursts that can eff things up.

We talk about the same things. Or we don't talk about the same things.

He doesn't love much, but what he does love, he loves so passionately. It's baffling in its extent.

Also, he's cooler than I am. :hug: I don't know if that's a typical feature of INFPs, but he's got a smoothness to him that I could never have. I'm too...eager?

So yeah. Love. :wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
And I also love their dark side. I love watching their eyes turn to a storm, see that wrath grow and know that they're a force to be reckonned with. I love to see them get protective of their loved ones, and wrip their enemies to emotional shreds. It's like watching a volcano errupt..beautiful and beyond scary all at the same time. I love how they're not afraid to explore the dark and negative emotions that all others run from.

I very much get like this with my loved ones. Unfortunately my loved ones don't always appreciate me attacking the person whom i have perceived to have done them wrong. Sometimes it can be a bit of a tight-rope act to make sure that in defending those i love i don't end up losing them.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
The other thing that sometimes annoys me is the elitism. I get it, it's a defense mechanism and a result of refining your tastes and identity, but it excludes others and makes you judgemental, imo, and since that's one of my personal Fi values...I kinda get annoyed at that :alttongue:

What do you mean by elitism? I can understand if someone sees my tendency to drop people as an elitist attitude, but I don't have energy for many friends. Of course I choose the ones I like the best. But it isn't like I could just keep all of them, my mind would pop.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm more referring to the whole 'people who call *that* music, are idiots'- attitude that my infp friend sometimes has.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm more referring to the whole 'people who call *that* music, are idiots'- attitude that my infp friend sometimes has.

Lol. I do that a lot. But if you care to exaggerate it just a very subtle slight bit...people won't get that pissed with you. They'll know it's in good fun. They grumpy old man façade helps too.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

Ha! I know. It's not that serious... but there seems to be a correlation between intelligence and good music taste... :jew: You know, people who can appreciate music outside their preferred genre just because they realize it is really something new inside it's own genre.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
in general i :heart: INFPs. they're cute and understanding.

Sometimes I get tired of trying to get something out of a quiet person but once you get to know them they open up like anyone else. Unfortunately for me, an enfp, my attention span is short and by the time their ready I'm bored.

Your post saddens me. Because the quietness that you don't like is Fi. Which is also a part of your own self. Either way, sooner or later, you will appreciate your friends more. And it will come from within your own self-discovery and sense of Fi. Not from your demands on them. I guarantee. There's no way an ENFP can stay on the outside forever. You can run, but you can't hide!

what? i'm not hiding from Fi and i feel like this. sometimes INFPs just take too long. it's true with a lot of introverts. i would love to hang around with you and talk, but waiting for you to feel okay about talking is really hard because i'm being distracted by 10000 other things that are interesting too. it's more about Ne than Fi.

i also am beginning to notice the "teacher voice" that Fe users have pointed out in the Fe/Fi thread here. heads up to all NFPs, the kind of speech pattern here - we feel like we're explaining things we know, because they're inside us, but it can come off as kind of self-absorbed and pretentious. this one kinda felt annoying to me because i felt like it was trying to say, no, you're wrong, because you haven't gotten all the way to your inner self yet because you're not a Fi dom. if you were better, like me, you would understand and accept my quietness. i don't think that tone of voice was intended but that's how it reads.

G

Glycerine

in general i :heart: INFPs. they're cute and understanding.

i also am beginning to notice the "teacher voice" that Fe users have pointed out in the Fe/Fi thread here. heads up to all NFPs, the kind of speech pattern here - we feel like we're explaining things we know, because they're inside us, but it can come off as kind of self-absorbed and pretentious. this one kinda felt annoying to me because i felt like it was trying to say, no, you're wrong, because you haven't gotten all the way to your inner self yet because you're not a Fi dom. if you were better, like me, you would understand and accept my quietness. i don't think that tone of voice was intended but that's how it reads.

I think "Ti" users can be guilty of this of too. I have seen it in young XNTP and when I get really stressed and chew people out.... lol I notice I get really annoyed at people for not being logical and thinking things through and wished they thought more...especially when I am stressed.

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
I can't think of one ENFP I've know IRL that I did not like on some level, and that includes a few very "unhealthy" ones. We generally click and have a lot in common.

I actually don't relate that much to them, in the sense that I don't see myself in them. I think it's because I identify so heavily with being introverted.
I recently spent some time with an ENFP and, though I liked him very much, I could see how in time, his extroverted nature would grate on me. That's been the case with most extroverts I've known. Still, the connection was there. I much prefer a fellow introvert. An extrovert simply tires me out with conversation and I tune out. It would drive me crazy in the long run.