• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What do ENFPs think of INFPs?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well since the "What do ENTPs think of INTPs?" thread was such a huge success, I want to know the dynamics between the introvertd and extroverted NFPs. INTPs and ENTPs seem to have a love/hate relationship that I hardly see in the other groups(STJs, STPs, NFPs ect). What do you ENFPs think about your introverted NFPs?

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
I married one. The marriage didn't work out, but she's the one person in the world who 'gets' me most, although not totally. She doesn't really get my need to constantly be around people. I'd say she's my best friend.

I am very much drawn to people who seem like they are INFP. There aren't enough of them in the world!

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Alright. Pretty similar. The shyness does bug me. Sometimes I get tired of trying to get something out of a quiet person but once you get to know them they open up like anyone else. Unfortunately for me, an enfp, my attention span is short and by the time their ready I'm bored.

As for INFPs I already knew; I'd always feel somewhat stifled by their reluctance to party it up. I wanted to live wildly and they wanted to stay at home and read. Total conflict of interests and to be honest, for some reason, that kind of introversion irks me and annoys me a little bit.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think they're awesome and kinda wish i was an infp..and maybe i am...but probably not...i don't think i'll ever really know...annnnyway...yes...i'm like a lil scientist of people...i love meeting people that have rich inner worlds that few others can see. i feel privileged to be let in....introversion doesn't bother me a bit. it lets me be the extrovert. which seems difficult for me when other more extraverted people are around. i love that we seem to see most things the same way...and the differences seem complimentary.... it's something we kind of admire in each other.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
fat_emo.jpg

emo-kids-oh-god-why.jpg

images

bill-kaulitz-totally-looks-like-eudyptes-chrysocome.jpg

This. :D

Kidding (halfly :D ) INFPs are pretty awesome, but being sensitive is NOT something extremly bad :eek: Yet we're not that much different (that would mean that ENFP is like Tom Kaulitz. Uh oh. Not good)

Sometimes tough, I just feel totally hyperactive with them. And they watch me and idk what they're thinking wich is annoying D:

but we can pretty much understand each other most of the time and we both feel less like weirdos xD

(That was positive. Just making sure everyone understood :p)

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I really love infps. But I don't know any personally. However the ones on here are wonderful. I would love to date an infp. They're my favorite introvert type.

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
Theyre my favorite people in the world. Super nice, smart, authentic, artistic badasses.

KDude

Alright. Pretty similar. The shyness does bug me. Sometimes I get tired of trying to get something out of a quiet person but once you get to know them they open up like anyone else. Unfortunately for me, an enfp, my attention span is short and by the time their ready I'm bored.

As for INFPs I already knew; I'd always feel somewhat stifled by their reluctance to party it up. I wanted to live wildly and they wanted to stay at home and read. Total conflict of interests and to be honest, for some reason, that kind of introversion irks me and annoys me a little bit.

Your post saddens me. Because the quietness that you don't like is Fi. Which is also a part of your own self. Either way, sooner or later, you will appreciate your friends more. And it will come from within your own self-discovery and sense of Fi. Not from your demands on them. I guarantee. There's no way an ENFP can stay on the outside forever. You can run, but you can't hide!

INFPs can live wildly if they deemed it worthy of exploration. There are a lot of clueless, young INFPs and ISFPs like myself who need to get burned enough to know that we have our hand in the fire. I did almost every drug under the sun before I was 17. Half of it wasn't even partying.. I just felt like testing my limits. Take 4 hits of acid, go to school wigging out for 7 or 8 hours, and keep a straight face. And then come back to me and talk about reluctance. Steal from a nun. Start a gang! Get thrown in jail for assaulting people who are way above your league. Or.. seduce and reduce to someone to tears who's way out of your league. Get in a car, drive west, play head-to-head chicken against a random innocent, because an angel told you he was the antichrist.

Le sigh.

Like I say, some seem to get this crap out of the way early.. I guess I'm one of them. :shrug: I can only think of two INFPs like this (and not to put myself too much in their company), and that is Arthur Rimbaud and Johnny Depp. Both quit the crazier behavior before they were their teens ended. And one kept on going, and that's Jim Morrison. "Wild child, full of grace, savior of the human race." Yeah, we all how that went.. Pete Doherty seems to be on the same road. My point though is that you should appreciate these INFPs who didn't any need of this. I wish I was one of them. I'm racked with guilt.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My longest relationship was with in an INFP. My best friend is an INFP. I've known my best friend since 1st grade. My relationship, only ended from the distance being too harsh on us both.. were we closer, we'd probably still be together now.

If that didn't say enough about it.. :) They rock.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Your post saddens me. Because the quietness that you don't like is Fi. Which is also a part of your own self. Either way, sooner or later, you will appreciate your friends more. And it will come from within your own self-discovery and sense of Fi. Not from your demands on them. I guarantee. There's no way an ENFP can stay on the outside forever. You can run, but you can't hide!

INFPs can live wildly if they deemed it worthy of exploration. There are a lot of clueless, young INFPs and ISFPs like myself who need to get burned enough to know that we have our hand in the fire. I did almost every drug under the sun before I was 17. Half of it wasn't even partying.. I just felt like testing my limits. Take 4 hits of acid, go to school wigging out for 7 or 8 hours, and keep a straight face. And then come back to me and talk about reluctance. Steal from a nun. Start a gang! Get thrown in jail for assaulting people who are way above your league. Or.. seduce and reduce to someone to tears who's way out of your league. Get in a car, drive west, play head-to-head chicken against a random innocent, because an angel told you he was the antichrist.

Le sigh.

Like I say, some seem to get this crap out of the way early.. I guess I'm one of them. :shrug: I can only think of two INFPs like this (and not to put myself too much in their company), and that is Arthur Rimbaud and Johnny Depp. Both quit the crazier behavior before they were their teens ended. And one kept on going, and that's Jim Morrison. "Wild child, full of grace, savior of the human race." Yeah, we all how that went.. Pete Doherty seems to be on the same road. My point though is that you should appreciate these INFPs who didn't any need of this. I wish I was one of them. I'm racked with guilt.

My post was in the past tense because I've since self isolated because of depressive issues but I'm itching to get back out there, right now. Being alone is fine but becoming restless and being full of life with no where to put it makes me very irritated. I'm only able to sit at home on the couch because I had no other choice, it became second nature but it but it's not what I want, it never has been.

When I had these friends I was a painfully shy, socially awkward recluse BUT there came a time when I stopped being so self conscious and wanted to get out there and really live and they didn't want me to or want to do it themselves. It was sad, in my opinion, that they didn't want to share themselves with the world or be apart of it. Being social is fun. That was a major turning point in my life, a transformation. I came out of my shell and I wanted my friends there with me but they wanted to hole up and do boring shit at the only time in life where you can dress crazily and get free drinks.

I'm fairly certain that my best friend is an ESxP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't think of one ENFP I've know IRL that I did not like on some level, and that includes a few very "unhealthy" ones. We generally click and have a lot in common.

I actually don't relate that much to them, in the sense that I don't see myself in them. I think it's because I identify so heavily with being introverted.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
My longest relationship was with in an INFP. My best friend is an INFP. I've known my best friend since 1st grade. My relationship, only ended from the distance being too harsh on us both.. were we closer, we'd probably still be together now.

If that didn't say enough about it.. :) They rock.

You didn't...I'd like to hear more. :)

KDude

My post was in the past tense because I've since self isolated because of depressive issues but I'm itching to get back out there, right now. Being alone is fine but becoming restless and being full of life with no where to put it makes me very irritated. I'm only able to sit at home on the couch because I had no other choice, it became second nature but it but it's not what I want, it never has been.

When I had these friends I was a painfully shy, socially awkward recluse BUT there came a time when I stopped being so self conscious and wanted to get out there and really live and they didn't want me to or want to do it themselves. It was sad, in my opinion, that they didn't want to share themselves with the world or be apart of it. Being social is fun. That was a major turning point in my life, a transformation. I came out of my shell and I wanted my friends there with me but they wanted to hole up and do boring shit at the only time in life where you can dress crazily and get free drinks.

I'm fairly certain that my best friend is an ESxP.

I get free drinks too. I think that's an INFP male skill.. I don't know anyone else who gets treated like me ^^

Meh. I wish. No really, I just have bartender friends. ;) I don't even like drinking anymore though. After I chilled out, I had a huge period of seclusion. Then I kind of pop my head out every once in awhile, so my friends don't think I'm a grandma or something. I feel like I partly do it for other people's sake. Like it's such a big deal to be social and go to parties. Maybe "good fun" would be nice, but I don't even know what that is. A kid's party maybe :D I've soaked the sponge for all it's worth though, and not once has it stimulated me as much as a book. Maybe that's kind of sad. I'm cool with that though. Sad is my middle name. ;)

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe a couple of my very good friends are INFPs, so yep, I like 'em. Still, I'm new to the whole thing and I haven't gotten too good yet at typing people, but thus far I have no reason to believe I'd dislike an INFP given what I know of their personalities. XD

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I get free drinks too. I think that's an INFP male skill.. I don't know anyone else who gets treated like me ^^

Meh. I wish. No really, I just have bartender friends. ;) I don't even like drinking anymore though. After I chilled out, I had a huge period of seclusion. Then I kind of pop my head out every once in awhile, so my friends don't think I'm a grandma or something. I feel like I partly do it for other people's sake. Like it's such a big deal to be social and go to parties. Maybe "good fun" would be nice, but I don't even know what that is. A kid's party maybe :D I've soaked the sponge for all it's worth though, and not once has it stimulated me as much as a book. Maybe that's kind of sad. I'm cool with that though. Sad is my middle name. ;)

I've gotten free drinks, free food, movies...

Just 'cause I'm neato like that...

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP

I don't even drink, it's just good manners to accept and take a fake sip. Might break the ice between me and the guy who bought it. :devil:

My friends' parties are lame because they're not old enough to know how to do it right (we're all the same age and that's lame). That also goes for other things that get better once people get older. ;)

KDude

I'd prefer a younger crowd, I guess..

I probably like meeting as many people as any ENFP though. Just not all at once. And I don't want a whole lot of trouble to go with it.

OK, I probably don't want to meet as many people as an ENFP... :thinking:

I mean, I'm not uber-selective with people at least, especially one on one. I don't pull away or behave cold. Not all introverts are like that. Hell, I'd consider myself engaging compared to some extroverts. I have an open mind. Some extroverts are still judgemental as hell. That makes them less social than me in a way.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
For some reason I have the attitude of an old person ("born old" yadda, yadda, yadda). I say "damn kids" at least 3 times a day.

It really depends. I'm engaging if I feel "no threat".

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Why would you feel threatened?