• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] The basic ENFP dilemma

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Brain sex? WTF? When I take my books back to the library, I'm looking at those hot geeky librarian INTJ chicks and wanting real sex ... in that back room over there. Sweeping aside all the tattered old books being rounded up for the stacks and going for it. Like as hinted at in the bookshop scene in the Big Sleep.

Better stop writing right now!!!

Yeah, we talk a load of bollocks sometimes innit.

LOL! Well, I only wanted to sex his brain, not everything else. :p

Also YEEES @ the bolded part.

i-quote_slytherclaw018.gif

^ now there's an icon that makes you go, "That's so ENFP!" (imo anyways)

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Brain Sex is for girls with personality...and nothing more.

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
lolo, is liking philosophy an ENFP phenomenon?

When I first read Kant I put a little heart around his name, because I'm gay like that. But seriously though, at first I was like, "IDG DIS SHIIIT, BUT I LIEK IT! DIS IS DEEEP, MANNN!" and my friends were like "..." It took me a couple more re-read to get him, but apparently I must have done something right in my essay because I applied Kantian philosophy to this one world issue thing and got a fucking A! :happy2:
Lol. Heart around his name.. cute. I usually have to re-read things too, to fully understand them.

...Also, I know things like this are tmi, but has any ENFP out there felt like sexxin' someone's mind/brain? >> I swear my first philosophy prof was not hot but he was so charming and smrt I was like LET'S HAVE BRAINSEX NOW PLZ. :wubbie:

TOOOOO familiar to me... :D

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
Are you sexually attracted to someone's intellect but that intellect lurks in a very humdrum body?

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who said I was a girl? Watch out Tortoise, I might be coming after you next (if you're indeed a guy). Tortoises are my favourite reptiles of all time, you know. ;D And I'm sexually attracted to some people's intellect, yes. But when such an intellect is found in an Einstein-like body, I cannot do it. Personality usually can and does make up for someone's rather average and/or less-than-good looks, but not always. :C

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Einstein got crazy amounts of ass.

Yeah, I'm turned on by intellect. At that point, it doesn't matter they can be as hot as my avatar or balding but please be in reasonably good physical condition.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because were lil information sponges...i think...that has something to do with it.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
because were lil information sponges...i think...that has something to do with it.

We'd make good spies (sexpionage?) if it weren't for that whole "not being able to remember details/facts/raw data in time and space" thing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We'd make good spies (sexpionage?) if it weren't for that whole "not being able to remember details/facts/raw data in time and space" thing.
right yes...our sponges have many holes haha :laugh: it's kinda sad.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP

Come off it. We'd make the worst spies ever. Seriously, think about it!

Imagine it. You're in the middle of Trafalgar Square. Boris Ivanovitch is feeding the pigeons. You 'accidentally' bump into him ... and slip into his hand the roll of film ... except ... except ... dammit ... it's the pictures from your holiday in Blackpool instead of the missile plans.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
Who said I was a girl? Watch out Tortoise, I might be coming after you next (if you're indeed a guy). Tortoises are my favourite reptiles of all time, you know. ;D And I'm sexually attracted to some people's intellect, yes. But when such an intellect is found in an Einstein-like body, I cannot do it. Personality usually can and does make up for someone's rather average and/or less-than-good looks, but not always. :C

Catch me if you can!

xx oo xx

Tortoise

PS you called yourself a bitch in a post ... hence my assumption ...

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP

But you're right about the sexpionage. We'd make GREAT honey traps. But on the other hand we'd get too emotionally involved.

If I had been a honey trap in the Cold War, me and Nadia would have ended up falling in love and defecting together to neutral Switzerland and living happily ever after in our mountaintop villa in the Alps protected by Swiss guards and living off a mysterious Swiss bank account.

It wouldn't work.

Especially if Nadia is one of those INTJ geek girls.

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
loool, I refer to everyone as bitches, guy(s) or girl(s) including myself. :devil:

And to continue on the off-topicness, yes, we'd all make awful spies. No-one would suspect lil' ol' cheerful me of being a spy, but I'd blow my cover all the fucking time, jfc. I love the James Bond movies but I could never pull that shit off (I know it's exaggerated fiction, but I couldn't pull off being an irl spy either). :>

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Come off it. We'd make the worst spies ever. Seriously, think about it!

Imagine it. You're in the middle of Trafalgar Square. Boris Ivanovitch is feeding the pigeons. You 'accidentally' bump into him ... and slip into his hand the roll of film ... except ... except ... dammit ... it's the pictures from your holiday in Blackpool instead of the missile plans.

Yeah, that's exactly why I said "if it weren't for.. .."! :)

But I do believe we'd make good honey traps. ...just don't ask us to recall anything important.

Head Spy: Agent, did you get the secret formula?

Spy: ?

Head Spy: The formula you were supposed to be romancing the scientist for.

Spy: "...."

Head Spy: :shock:

Spy: ......No. What day is it? I have an appointment with someone at some time at a place.

But you're right about the sexpionage. We'd make GREAT honey traps. But on the other hand we'd get too emotionally involved.

Speak for yourself, sailor. I'm built for speed. ;) :devil:

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh oh I wanna play! Can I be Mata Hari? *innocent look*

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh oh I wanna play! Can I be Mata Hari? *innocent look*

I'm on the next flight to Honolulu international airport. Meet me there. You will recognise me: I will be carrying a copy of the Singapore Straits Times.

Any funny business, though ... well ... we know where your cats go at night. You have been warned.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can relate to the OP somewhat yeah.

My problem seems to be though, that unlike other ENFPs, I have very little patience for superficial interaction. I'm blunt in showing the inside part that ENFPs are afraid to show...and because I do it in a passionate, aggressive way....lol, yeah people don't respond to that in the nicest way sometimes.

So ENFPs, if you want proof of how uncool it is to reveal depth in normal interaction....here I am :D

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
If you ENFP's like philosophy so much, why hasn't anyone posted in my blog (not a shameless plug, I swear :p)?

Yeah anyways, I guess you guys know how I feel then. I have philosophical or at least theoretical pieces of insight, every day. These can be things I find really important or just playful. As an ENFP, I want to share these thoughts and connect with people. That's easier said than done.

In fact, a lot of people don't even know how theoretical I am (I pretty much always score 90% or higher in the MBTI tests), so forget sharing theories and developing ideas, people don't even know these thoughts are developing in my head. Sucks balls.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think the basic ENFP dilemma and cause of stress is this. We are driven to interact with people -- always fascinated by people and want to get to know them deeper ... BUT ... we have an inner life that only a handful of people 'get'. We've learnt (probably from childhood) that if we express everything we think and feel, we'll be rejected for being way too weird, intense or out-there so we learn to guard our innermost thoughts and feelings. We want to share and connect at that deep level -- it's a very fundamental need -- but we keep the lid on it because we know that most people can't handle our intensity and the almost psychic insights we come up with. So, we have hundreds of surface level friends who think we're charming, happy , fun and loving, but we feel lonely because there are so few people (if any) who *really* get us. We are good at making others feel good, but it's hard for others to make us feel good because only that very deep connection is enough to make us feel good and less alone.

I can relate to the OP somewhat yeah. My problem seems to be though, that unlike other ENFPs, I have very little patience for superficial interaction. I'm blunt in showing the inside part that ENFPs are afraid to show...and because I do it in a passionate, aggressive way....lol, yeah people don't respond to that in the nicest way sometimes. So ENFPs, if you want proof of how uncool it is to reveal depth in normal interaction....here I am :D

Sytpg, I know what you mean. I have, in reference to myself, used this phrase, "One of the foibles of getting older is that I have an increasingly minimal patience for bullshit." With every passing year, I have increasingly less tolerance for ephemeral social niceties that waste my time.

And, tortoise, I loved your OP. I COMPLETELY feel lonely... longing for someone that I can pour my heart out to. Someone who gets the REAL me. Such persons are very few and far between. But as I look back over my life, some definite patterns start to emerge.

In terms of my friends and loved ones lessening my own loneliness, certain types are a better fit for me than others. (especially Ns over Ss.) INFPs have always been my closest friends. I'm in my late thirties, and in my 20 or so years of adulthood, I've always had an INFP BFF. I feel like I can let my guard down and be myself around them. I think of my current INFP BFF. She and I are inseparable. I can reveal to her my innermost self... and she gets it. Ohhhh. I adore her so much. :hug:

And in the romantic relationships department, I've also noticed very definite patterns. INTJs & INFJs (same dominant function in the reverse directions, viz., they have Ni dominance and I have Ne dominance) and ISTPs (my Socionics duals) have been the most significant romantic relationships in my life. And I think one of the reasons that I have chosen these men is that they get me. They are able to fill the void I so much want to be filled... They are able to *really* get me.

I really love this thread. And I appreciate a lot of the funny banter on here, but it also saddens me a bit because I think this is a very important issue for ENFPs. I think it drives a lot of our behavior. So I'd love to hear some serious and insightful thoughts from other ENFPs on this subject.