• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Have an NF moment

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I feel what a computer must feel like when an executable patch fixes its registry values and alters the entire operating system. I feel much more lean & efficient and feel as if I have a more stable foundation.

I highly recommend this small patch for everyone, especially infps.

dichotmiesv1.00001 patch

Readme notes:

*Changed the evil value in good vs. evil to inferior

A big thanks goes out to the user Aristotle for the fix.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
My heart needs glasses. Every feeling seems to be out of focus, every urge incomprehensible. It's as if my thoughts and feelings are two beakers of highly reactive liquids, mixing them results in a thick mental fog. I can't think about how I feel or feel about how I think...

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I've recently been musing about the idea that feelings within our brain are like matter and do matter. So far, here is what I've been able to hash out:

Matter as in the substance or substances of which any physical object consists or is composed of. Taking in the first law of thermodynamics, which states that "The increase in the internal energy of a system is equal to the amount of energy added by heating the system, minus the amount lost as a result of the work done by the system on its surroundings" i.e. Conservation of energy. From that law, "the total amount of energy in any isolated system remains constant but cannot be recreated, although it may change forms, e.g. friction turns kinetic energy into thermal energy."

Ok, here is how it fits in.

Emotions are matter.
Matter can have kinetic/thermal energy
Kinetic being emotions such as sadness, happiness, lust, etc. (They're there, but haven't been activated yet)
Thermal being the outcome of these energies e.g. burning someone with an insult, warming their heart, immolating their sexual desires.
Since the first law states that energy cannot be recreated or destroyed, these emotions are simply there and are a part of everyone and are awaiting action. Furthermore, as demonstrated with kinetic/thermal energies, they can take on other forms such as liquids, gases, etc.

I guess from all of this, one is suppose to feel comfort knowing that in our great minds lies a nebulous universe awaiting explorers, cartographers, physicists, etc. to discover and map out its potential. E.g. A universe composed of different states of matter may represent an emotion e.g. Sadness and everything within it connects with it to make it e.g. planets and moons e.g. happiness through sadness, sadness through death, happiness through death, etc. Furthermore, one could look at the different specifics of the planets/moons, such as species, closer e.g. perhaps one could find that within happiness through sadness that someone you despised named bob died or you lived a horrible life with cancer and awaited sweet death with a smile. I guess dark matter could be explained as something that lies deep deep within the unconscious.

I recently described one of my depressed male ENFP friend a Conscript of Woe (sounds poetic)

Last edited:

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
In light of all the recent religious reactions

Life is like a book and religion/religious dogma function as cliff notes to that part of your book. So Why does everyone want to jump ahead by skimming over it? IS it really that much of a terrible read? Man, You gotta get your hands dirty and play with the language! Stanzas, prose, poetry, blank verse, alliteration, quatrains, couplets, words, punctuation, style: these act as mere singular facets by themselves but form something much larger. I feel like I can understand now when a professor can tell when someone hasn't done the reading, has skimmed it, has read it, and has lived the reading. My favourite professor once said to me, "One of the biggest problems in most English departments arises from students inability to really read what they read and my goal as a professor is to provide guidance into proper reading." Dig into the language, play with the language, explore the overall contexts within the book and in doing so, you will cultivate the seeds of sublimity embedded within the language to form absolutely magnificent plants of posterity.

LizMusica

I dont know... but I think the book of "Ecclesiastes" would be a good book for an INFP to read. Alot of moments in their that I can relate to as I am sure many others.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
*is experiencing an empty moment on a beautiful sunny wintry day*

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
*is experiencing an empty moment on a beautiful sunny wintry day*

I love those moments! esp on a wintry sunny day....feeling the warmth of the sun wrap you cossily in its arms. That feeling of floating, so far yet so close from everything within you, and from everything in the universe.
:)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Quotes that have stopped me in my tracks and always seem to make my mind ponder

:"What is this terror? What is the ectasy? he thought to himself. What is it that fills me with extraordinary excitement? It is Clarissa, he said. For there she was."
- Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf

"Sarah : Love doesn't end, just because we don't see each other.
Maurice : Doesn't it?
Sarah : People go on loving God, don't they? All their lives. Without seeing him.
Maurice : That's not my kind of love.
Sarah : Maybe there is no other kind. "
-The End of The Affair, Graham Greene

"I saw well why the gods do not speak to us openly, nor let us answer. Till that word can be dug out of us, why should they hear the babble that we think we mean? How can they meet us face to face till we have faces?
I ended my first book with the words no answer. I know now, Lord, why you utter no answer. You are yourself the answer. Before your face questions die away. What other answer would suffice? Only words, words; to be led out to battle against other words. Long did I hate you, long did I fear you. I might --"
- Till We Have Faces, CS Lewis.

"When the doctor took her bandages off and led her into the garden, the girl who was no longer blind saw "the tree with lights in it." It was for this tree I searched through the peach orchards of summer, in the forests of fall and down winter and spring for years. Then on day I was walking along Tinker Creek thinking of nothing at all and I saw the tree with lights in it. I saw the backyard cedar where the mourning doves roost charged and transfigured, each cell bussing with flame. I stood on the grass with the lights in it, grass that was wholly fire, utterly focused and utterly dreamed. It was less like seeing than being for the first time seen, knocked breathless by a powerful glance. The flood of fire abated, but I'm still spending the power."
- Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, Annie Dillard

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I feel like I'm sinking and floating at the same time, someone who is always undecided about if things are going well in my life or not. I feel confident that no matter how much I sink though that there will be people to save me, just as I would choose to save them. I am grateful for the people I have met in my life, loneliness would be the cruelest punishment possible.

Everyone has his or her own dominant vices, often they act as a double-team to trick a person into staying down. My vices, I have learned since entering college, are sloth and pride. I take pride in the fact that I tested as a genius ever since I was four, but am so filled with sloth that I have been floating in a 'slightly below mediocrity'-'a little above failing' level in college and my pride has kept me from seeking help from others and the thoughts of, "I don't need to study, I'll figure everything out on the test." and "I wrote A+ essays with hangovers in high school, I can do it again." I wasn't raised as a religious person, but I know that we all have our sins to fight.. even if there isn't a hell.. the sins should be fought now to achieve a satisfying life.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
can an NT sneak into here for a moment's peace? :blush:

Always had trouble with living. Can never quite see what is real, and what is ideal anymore. It's all just mixed up, and sometimes, it is good--because always, you see what can be. Therein the source of light that can help others. But too, it means you're always disappointed, and always in pain. And nothing survives, because who ever can be all they are able to be? It is a wasteland, all barren, all ashen. It is cold, and lonely, when the ice wind blows and there's only the dust of stillborn dreams and the ache of barren memories and aborted desires.

The schist is great. You stand on the sharp black cliffs and the broken splintered places of the soul, alone. The scream is so deep it cannot be uttered in words. Even then, the endless echoes reverberate. Below the barrier of 20 hertz the waves are restless in their topography of sound. All around, the silence. The little elf is in pain. Sometimes it seems like it never ends.

But I love the gold sunlight, I love the white moonlight, I love the subtext of sand eroding under the waves, the salt scent of the changing sea,
the way the trees look after a rain, their bark almost black, and their shivering leaves so green, so vulnerable.
When Orion appears in the sky at night, and Cynus, the swan, swoops low on the horizon.
And Venus the morning and evening star, a constant and a steadfast presence.
And when the gentle tropical wind breathes calm on my face, I think, I will be ok.
I am a wild flower. It is not humans who nourish me but the elements themselves.
I am a wild flower. God does not let His flowers die.

*silently leaves*

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

Always had trouble with living. Can never quite see what is real, and what is ideal anymore. It's all just mixed up, and sometimes, it is good--because always, you see what can be. Therein the source of light that can help others. But too, it means you're always disappointed, and always in pain. And nothing survives, because who ever can be all they are able to be? It is a wasteland, all barren, all ashen. It is cold, and lonely, when the ice wind blows and there's only the dust of stillborn dreams and the ache of barren memories and aborted desires.

The schist is great. You stand on the sharp black cliffs and the splintered places of the broken soul, alone. The scream is so deep it cannot be uttered in words. Even then, the echo reverberates endlessly. All around, the silence. The little elf is in pain. Sometimes it seems like it never ends.

But I love the gold sunlight, I love the white moonlight, I love the subtext of sand eroding under the waves, the salt scent of the changing sea,
the way the trees look after a rain, their bark almost black, and their shivering leaves so green, so vulnerable.
When Orion appears in the sky at night, and Cynus, the swan, swoops low on the horizon.
And when the gentle tropical wind blows calm on my face, I think, I will be ok.
I am a wild flower. It is not humans who nourish me but the elements themselves.

*silently leaves*

A beautiful post :hug:

R

RDF

The "NF moments" listed here mostly sound kind of wistful.

I suppose that's about right. :)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ

The schist is great. You stand on the sharp black cliffs and the broken splintered places of the soul, alone. The scream is so deep it cannot be uttered in words. Even then, the endless echoes reverberate. Below the barrier of 20 hertz the waves are restless in their topography of sound. All around, the silence. The little elf is in pain. Sometimes it seems like it never ends.

And when the gentle tropical wind breathes calm on my face, I think, I will be ok.

*silently leaves*

Yeah, I agree that it is a beautiful post. I don't think I could ever turn anyone who would want to post here away anyways. It seems to me this thread has an underlying theme of people who have embarked on a long journey for self-awareness and our personal meaning. Man's greatest mystery is himself. This post fits right in.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I'm on my existential angst period again. I suppose I should rejoice that I am not pregnant with a cause.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I'm on my existential angst period again. I suppose I should rejoice that I am not pregnant with a cause.

At least these periods don't seem to be happening every month...

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I hate being an NF.

Lol, your information says your an ESFP.

I don't think I hate being an NF as much as I hate being in a world where other people aren't NF's. ;) I feel like I always have to justify the way I feel about things, so I don't even bother anymore. Sorry that I don't have empirical research for everything that I feel or believe. Sheesh.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
today is Sunday.

tomorrow I have a huge quiz

is that an oxymoron?