• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: Conceited.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I know many ENFPs. I myself am an ENFP.

From experience, ENFPs can come off as conceded, arrogant, and maybe even vain. (ENTPs too, even more so!)

But truly, most of us are just very confident and cocky. We're humble, deep down. Believe me.

I've been accused of this MANY times. I have been told I am 'full of myself' and 'stuck up'. I truly view myself no better than any other. I just hold my head high and don't take any BS.

If you're an ENFP, have you ever heard this before?

If you're not an ENFP, have you thought this of an ENFP?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, I've been accused of being vain, conceited, narcissistic, etc. etc.

I just really like who I am.

If that's a crime, then LOCK ME UP and THROW AWAY THE KEY.

At least I'll get to be with MYSELF! ;):D

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Seriously though, I completely relate to the OP.

I really get some weird looks from my ISFJ coworker when I refer to myself as "awesome" once in a while. I guess that "just isn't done" as they say. :tongue:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
You all please yourself in the mirror, don't you?

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Nothing wrong with being conceded. Most people hate themselves and submit to life and feel others should do the same.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Like ping pong ball rejects.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Not a Grammar Nazi here.. just want to be on the same page.. do we mean Conceited?

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Not a Grammar Nazi here.. just want to be on the same page.. do we mean Conceited?

Yes. :) Earlier, I saw someone type "post-humorously" when the situation clearly called for the word "posthumously".

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I usually have better material for self pleasure than myself.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Vamp; said:
Yes. :) Earlier, I saw someone type "post-humorously" when the situation clearly called for the word "posthumously".

I love when people post humorously. It cracks me up.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i've heard of it, but i think i only partially conform to it...

i actually see arrogant/cocky more in my INTP brother (even though he is more quiet) than me. i am more conceited - i can be sort of standoffish and overly image-conscious. and of course, just like anyone, i can be cocky sometimes - notably when irritated and feeling the need to prove someone else wrong (eg, "girls can't drive"!).

he and i are both quite adamant about getting our ideas across though.

Deja Vu said:
You all please yourself in the mirror, don't you?

hey now, they say you should love your own body. :devil:

am_i_evil666

Ha ha. I think I can be considered vain, narcissistic, arrogant.... But trully, I'm not that arrogant. I gravitate between extremes, sometimes I feel so on top and sometimes really low...

However I have seen other types really conceited: ENTPs, ESTPs, ENTJs (and quite a lot of them).

Chloe

If you're an ENFP, have you ever heard this before?

ou yes. i've heard so many things like that about myself. i dont care anymore. i really dont.
bc i am often misunderstood and well, what can i do, when they meet me better they see they were wrong, those who dont meet me better dont and well yeah - it's all good.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_m6HBpUwbA&feature=player_embedded"]boohooo!!![/YOUTUBE]

(was just searching for excuse to post that song bc i got addicted to it!)

....... i've been accused a lot that i am ... too positive.. because i usually think everything is possible to do.. and everything we want we can accomplish... so i can motivate people like that a lot and they dont like it sometimes... they think that situation they are born in, country, family, economical situation... luck... etc. determines their destiny and they cant do anything about it..
when i start giving them another perspective...and dream big...
they say i am too assertive!:huh::huh::huh:

also... authority.. well, cant really say i feel there's much if any authority around me that i acknowledge... people are annoyed by that, annoyed when you question someone who has power.
i dont even question them, i just dont acknowledge them as authority mostly.

other than that, well, some that I have been guilty of, like .... vanity, arrogance, ou yes, i reduced that aaaa loooooot i am so proud of myself !

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
^^I enjoy anything that involves dark lipstick. Thanks for introducing me to that song, Chloe! :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Not conceited. Ever. But arrogant sometimes, and vain. Not self-centered. I actually rebel against self-centered people.

Maybe because I'm on the younger front of ENFPs and my confidence is just now rebounding from being pretty low. I'll be a cocky son'bitch soon, though :jew: