• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's and reading people, social settings and emotions

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say in terms of sociology.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You two should try reading each other's minds instead. :happy2:

(spare us the pain of reading you too)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Telepathy is usually only possible between two kindred souls, and limited.
Empathy tends to work with a wider range of people, but often gives conflicting results as people try to project something different than the way they are feeling. Consequently the words they utter are often not in agreeance with the feelings they exude. Add to that the difficulty level being quite high to read someone without intonation or bodylanguage to verify your data and you could see how your suggestion, while having merit, is not the most efficient way of going about solving this debacle. :coffee:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Consequently the words they utter are often not in agreeance with the feelings they exude.
That's the ugliest sentence I've read in a long time.

No offense.

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
Grin..yes,we are the witches and magicians of this world *spooky witch emoticon I still have to petition Haight for*

Seriously, I think it can sometimes come off that way coz it's so hard to explain it and pinpoint how it works. Personally I kinda like that kinda mystery surrounding it, but it does create difficulties with credibility unfortunately.

Yes, and I've gotten used to those who don't understand or question my credibility because I don't go from A to B to C. Then there are the NFs compatriots who gladly let you take them down whatever path you take and trust you know where you're going, or not caring as the journey is interesting and an end in itself.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, and I've gotten used to those who don't understand or question my credibility because I don't go from A to B to C. Then there are the NFs compatriots who gladly let you take them down whatever path you take and trust you know where you're going, or not caring as the journey is interesting and an end in itself.

When you don't "show your work" people assume you're cheating/crazy, I haven't gotten used to that. I rationalize it as people not being observant enough and missing out.
Some people are honestly mystified at the poker table when others figure they're bluffing. Almost everyone has a tell. And most people don't really think in terms of what impression they're putting out vs what they're actually saying (cognitive dissonance?). Body language counts for a lot.