• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's and reading people, social settings and emotions

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Usually its a simple matter of shocking them or catching them off guard, which essentially challenges their perception of reality even if only minor, then slipping in the "safe" suggestion that brings things back under control for them. If someone is really clever they will make sure the suggestion they plant is beneficial to them as well.

KDude

I always sided with the bad guy, I liked the Hulkster better when he was a bad guy. But that was an awesome match. :D

Good guys for me. Although my favorite wrestler is Brett Hart.. the good guy who never wanted to be a bad guy.

I've been suggestive before as well (among other things which I'm too embarassed to admit). I'm not sure where that comes from either.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
lol, INTP.
Can't read a blank slate.

What, you can't read a blank slate? I'm not surprised. Not much in this thread points to reading acumen on your part.
Did you come to the blank slate assessment based on anything besides your bruised, very thin skin?

I just can't help but rag on the type who does the most cowardly personal attacks most often. Most INTPs offend my Fi with that little trait.

I must ask if you understand the concept of a personal attack. I ask only rhetorically, of course, because you have demonstrated a sort of lazy, reactionary deployment of the term. Let's get you some help with that:
" A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims."

For example, instead of addressing the claim that certain people are more confident than their accuracy in assessing other people would warrant, the personal attacker seizes on a feature of the person making the claim in a feeble, all-too-obvious attempt at attacking the person who made the claim, rather than addressing the claim itself.
This, Vamp (lol!), is a personal attack. And I agree that it is most cowardly.

If anything was offended, it's your struggling self-esteem, though lord knows why a rather uncontroversial remark from a blank slate that had no bearing on your specific person should send you into such a tizzy.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Good guys for me. Although my favorite wrestler is Brett Hart.. the good guy who never wanted to be a bad guy.

I've been suggestive before as well (among other things which I'm too embarassed to admit). I'm not sure where that comes from either.

I liked the Undertaker, Kane, and Golddust oddly enough hahah

I dunno, traditional hero types and good guys are too boring for me, even in comic books I didn't like superman or batman, I liked people like Ghost Rider or the Punisher, dark anti-heroes who were flawed. Something about the duality of their nature but still serving a higher purpose really did it for me.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What, you can't read a blank slate? I'm not surprised.
:rofl1:
If you were NF you'd be able to intuit what was about to be written, stooopid!

My most natural talent is figuring out peoples motives. It's something I have been able to do since I was a kid. In 3rd grade I knew exactly who stole my macho man randy savage doll, I even convinced him to give it back. I love mind fucking.
This thread sure does deliver the lols.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wouldnt expect you to understand.
True. I'm just one of those inferior types you get to entertain with your magical powers.

Curiously, I'm ok with that.:)

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
What, you can't read a blank slate? I'm not surprised. Not much in this thread points to reading acumen on your part.
Did you come to the blank slate assessment based on anything besides your bruised, very thin skin?

I must ask if you understand the concept of a personal attack. I ask only rhetorically, of course, because you have demonstrated a sort of lazy, reactionary deployment of the term. Let's get you some help with that:
" A personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when attacking another person's claim or claims."

For example, instead of addressing the claim that certain people are more confident than their accuracy in assessing other people would warrant, the personal attacker seizes on a feature of the person making the claim in a feeble, all-too-obvious attempt at attacking the person who made the claim, rather than addressing the claim itself.
This, Vamp (lol!), is a personal attack. And I agree that it is most cowardly.

If anything was offended, it's your struggling self-esteem, though lord knows why a rather uncontroversial remark from a blank slate that had no bearing on your specific person should send you into such a tizzy.

Intentionally baiting people with flip backhanded comments, calling them "sensitive" when they respond to said baiting with the same kind of flip must be an INTP thing? Now there's two doing it. NT sure love trying to get a rise out of NFs.
I correctly predicted your response twice, now. Even the subtext behind it.

edit: not to mention loading your lame bait with even more personal attacks.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I liked the Undertaker, Kane, and Golddust oddly enough hahah

I dunno, traditional hero types and good guys are too boring for me, even in comic books I didn't like superman or batman, I liked people like Ghost Rider or the Punisher, dark anti-heroes who were flawed. Something about the duality of their nature but still serving a higher purpose really did it for me.

I'm way, way off the deep end when it comes to wrestling so I always side with who's smartest or whoever is the sickest (Mayumi Ozaki, Akira Hokuto). Jesse Ventura, Kevin Sullivan, Roddy Piper guys like that. And Mick Foley (whom I seriously suspect is very, very ENFP- I even made a thread about it, too bad no one knew who he was to comment) no matter what he's doing.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
True. I'm just one of those inferior types you get to entertain with your magical powers.

Curiously, I'm ok with that.:)

No, but true to your type, you are better with puzzles then people... I on the other hand am merely ok with puzzles and excellent with people.

Nothing to do with magic, Ni in the dominant form is just a hat trick thats difficult to explain, nothing mystical about it.

Anything you say about inferiority is something you brought up, in essence a projection of your own insecurity. If you are merely replying to my statement that said person way back in 3rd grade had a weak mind, well, he later turned out to be a drug addict. Wasnt hard to see that coming, he was stealing in 3rd grade.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Intentionally baiting people with flip backhanded comments,
Do you know what a backhanded comment is? Let me help you out yet again. I'll start charging you in a minute:
"oblique or ambiguous in meaning; indirect; insincere or malicious; wry"

Now, I would be thankful of an analysis on what part of my pretty clear, direct statement fits the definition of backhanded. I leave those backhanded things to cowardly personal attackers. Do proceed.

Now, baiting - I suppose this can be looked at subjectively. It is apparent that other people - NF people - managed to read the post without getting caught up in overwrought clumsy attempts to "strike back", but as we know, some fish are really easy to catch. Anything's bait.

I correctly predicted your response twice, now
Then it is all the worse that you couldn't come up with a better response. You know, anticipate and rebut it, psychic-like.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
No, but true to your type, you are better with puzzles then people... I on the other hand am merely ok with puzzles and excellent with people.

Nothing to do with magic, Ni in the dominant form is just a hat trick thats difficult to explain, nothing mystical about it.

Anything you say about inferiority is something you brought up, in essence a projection of your own insecurity. If you are merely replying to my statement that said person way back in 3rd grade had a weak mind, well, he later turned out to be a drug addict. Wasnt hard to see that coming, he was stealing in 3rd grade.

The NEED to come in and attempt to bait NFs or make backhanded comments about our perceived abilities in social situations displays this insecurity (like a crystal case).

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
The NEED to come in and attempt to bait NFs or make backhanded comments about our perceived abilities in social situations displays this insecurity (like a crystal case).

I know, and a complete shame, I am rather fond of INTPs specifically being inferior Ti. I have great respect for their ability to model shit in their heads with massive amounts of data and to extract the logical essence of it... I do that all the time, but my Ti is run over by Ni/Fe so it tends to focus more on people and emotions as opposed to logical constructs although I do attempt to do that too. I think that's what makes me so good at figuring out peoples motives etc. I dont see why there is a need for them to attack that as "magic" Its just hard to explain thats all...

KDude

It's weird.. I figured some NTs would utilize some of the same social reading skills, albeit, more impersonally and without the F angle (generally speaking). This would apply to either Ni or Ne.. Even the types that don't really care about people.. I mean, there's a reason why some PUAs are Ti types -they can compensate for lack of S with Ne. And as for Ni, many ENTJs know how to mobilize others and see how they can make them "useful".

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's weird.. I figured some NTs would utilize some of the same social reading skills, albeit, more impersonally and without the F angle (generally speaking). This would apply to either Ni or Ne.. Even the types that don't really care about people.. I mean, there's a reason why some PUAs are Ti types -they can compensate for lack of S with Ne. And as for Ni, many ENTJs know how to mobilize others and see how they can make them "useful".

Perhaps that's the E and the J talking in ENTJs. Those who have issues utilizing the social skills tend to be INTPs or INTJ(?).

Chloe

i figured i often read people too well, i mean, it's bad for me. because i usually see their deepest motives, some that they want to hide from themselves also, or some deepest issues that they avoid, like we all avoid them, i just cant stop it, i cant stop seeing through people... and then often i miss their beauty because i see them in negative light. not that it changes my perception of them, but i see their pain better than happiness, often.
like with one Ennegram 3 girl I know... I see through her. she's not conscience about many stuff and issues, but I see them... this is why i cant talk with her for real... bc we keep missing each other points... bc like we are on different levels, stages in our lives, maybe?
... anyway.. i've been also guiltyy for not reading people well at all, i think this is common with NFs, too much reading into things so often we even miss point completely....

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
@ Chloe I am with you, reading peoples motives is not always a blessing, it has cursed many of my relationships because I have a need for genuine-ness from people and I tend to pick people apart and find out what drives their interactions with me and if I find it less then noble I usually have a hard time opening up.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

LOL. You're so good with people.

i think this is common with NFs, too much reading into things so often we even miss point completely....
:yes:
Apparently, it's only OK if one of you guys says it though. ;)

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait..is this how NFJs and NTPs flirt? :ninja: