• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] The different types of infps survey [enneagram, big 5 personal experience]

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I would like to build some portraits of the different types of infps', specifically given the affect of enneatype, big 5 personality and significant events in your life. I would like some input from you about your own personality lineage.

I observe and acknowledge that some Fi-doms seem to desire more accurate generalisations of their personality type (given their general self knowledge), and generating more 'specific' profiles may help some people typing theirselves. And overall, I just find classifying really fascinating.

Feel free to answer any question/s you like.

1.Enneagram questions

i. Please indicate your enneagram type (you know via more than just a test; but through reading)

ii. how you relate to the type

iii. how it relates or departs from typical infp profiles.

2. Big 5 questions

i. Please indicate your big 5 personality (you can take a test here Big Five Personality Test but I advise you double check through other types to see if it's accurate)

ii. how you relate to the different qualities or characteristics of the type

ii. how it relates or departs from typical infp profiles.

3. Significant experiences

1. Please list some significant experiences that you believe have contributed to the way you see the world, or who you are as a person.

Thank you :hug:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
1.Enneagram questions

i. Please indicate your enneagram type (you know via more than just a test; but through reading)

- 4w5 so/sp

- 4 is who I am at the core - extremely emotional, sensitive, idealistic, individualistic, holds onto hurt feelings and the past too much, depressive and anxious, affectionate, dreamy, warm, loyal, need to be accomplish/important/different, always felt different

- 5 is my second layer - love to intellectualize, to analyze, to think, to ponder, to make connections, to read, to write, withdraws into self, values competence and intelligence, detaches from emotions when it's too much

My SO makes me crave social interaction and to serve a important purpose to society, to do my share/make my contribution, to be an important and valued member of civilization.

My SP makes me anxious when I want to be daring, I have a lot of anxiety in external environments subconsciously unless I am familiar to it. I am very, very reserved and it is very important that I preserve my independence.

- uhm. My SO makes me a tad more society-oriented and a tad more ambitious in a slightly pretentious/materialistic way, just slightly.
- I have wild mood swings and bad temper tantrums - which is more 4 than 5
- I intellectualize everything so even while I experience it intensely, half of my brain is picking it into pieces, putting it together like some sort of machine, cataloging it

Significant Experiences:
1. unhealthy parents
2. absent parents
3. betrayal from parents

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1.Enneagram questions

i. enneagram type: 4w5 sp/sx, verified through reading

ii. how you relate to the type: Very much so. I feel nearly equal 4 and 5, but 4 makes the most sense given my history and my integration point (1). The sp/sx explains a lot also. I can be very withdrawn and need massive amounts of alone time. At the same time, crave this level of intimacy which threatens that need. It's been a major frustration in my life - I push people away a lot, then complain about being lonely...

iii. how it relates or departs from typical infp profiles: Less focus on other people, less focus on "pleasing", and more cerebral. There's a temperamental aspect that is not dramatic, but also not the totally easy-going demeanor sometimes associated wtih IxFPs. I have an altruistic side that stems from my idealism, but it's not my defining characteristic. My idealism tends to involve my self-image more than anything. I really relate to needing authenticity and originality in how I live my life and present myself.

2. Big 5 questions

i. Please indicate your big 5 personality: RLUEI - primary inquisitive or limbic, depending on the test.

ii. how you relate to the different qualities or characteristics of the type - the Limbic part reminds me of my e4 type, and the inquisitive reminds me of my 5 wing, and since I feel I have a heavy wing (almost as strong as my type), these feel equally correct, even where they seemingly contradict.

ii. how it relates or departs from typical infp profiles. - Again, it's less easy-going, less people-focused, and more cerebral/intellectual.

1. Please list some significant experiences that you believe have contributed to the way you see the world, or who you are as a person.

Ummm.....well, I think my 4 wounding was when my dad left when I was 2. I had contact with him semi-regularly growing up, but we never bonded. I think it affected my self-value. I felt some shame, some worthlessness from what I saw as a rejection. I also had a mother who could smother at times and I think I retreated into my head and fantasy world for privacy. My mom and step-dad had a very tumultuous relationship, so there was a lot of fighting and stress in the home.

I didn't have a perfect childhood, but overall it was pretty good - no abuse and I felt loved. My ISFJ mom has a thing for artsy, offbeat people (married to an ENTP musician and then an ISFP illustrator/artist), and so I was not nitpicked for being a slightly strange child. Rather, my creative side was very much nurtured and encouraged. I was, however, accused frequently by the many SFs in my family of being cold, argumentative, and selfish/self-absorbed. I think this is what led me to test as a Thinker at first. I also grew up feeling that my perspective & feelings were constantly devalued, as no one seemed able to grasp them, so they just got dismissed. I think it's partly what turned me to visual arts for self-expression. It has also driven me to be strive to be very articulate, and I'm sensitive to nuances in words & phrasing. Accurate of expression of feeling is important to me, and I seek many outlets for it.

Outside of my family, people actually find me pretty nice & caring, and it wasn't until I was able to detach my view of myself from the feedback of my family that I started to see my compassionate side, the Feeler that I really am.

I think that's enough for now :cheese:

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would like to build some portraits of the different types of infps', specifically given the affect of enneatype, big 5 personality and significant events in your life. I would like some input from you about your own personality lineage.

I observe and acknowledge that some Fi-doms seem to desire more accurate generalisations of their personality type (given their general self knowledge), and generating more 'specific' profiles may help some people typing theirselves. And overall, I just find classifying really fascinating.

Feel free to answer any question/s you like.

1.Enneagram questions

2. Big 5 questions

i. Please indicate your big 5 personality (you can take a test here Big Five Personality Test but I advise you double check through other types to see if it's accurate)

Sorry, I just woke up from a nap and am not feeling very good so sorry if this all sounds a little disjointed:

Enneagram Answers
1. 4w5
2. I think a "typical" INFP is 4w5 because we're artists and individuals.

Big Five Answers
1. I scored medium on everything except neuroticism, in which I scored very high.
2. I actually think I should've scored high on openess, but, oh well. Neuroticism, I can see why I scored high, I worry about a lot of things and am very panicky.
3. I think a typical INFP would score high on openness. Not so high on extraversion, obviously.

Significant Experiences
1. My mother always encouraged my imagination as a child. I think that played a big part in the fact that I'm INFP. My father is a writer, he encouraged me in my writing. My father always encouraged me to be unique, my mother didn't so much.

If that answers anything at all...

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
1.Enneagram questions

9w1 sx
I emphasize harmony, peace, and balance in my life quite a bit, because it is this sort of attitude which helped me defeat lifelong depression. I have replaced tendencies in my past which were harmful to me with 9-associated tendencies - less attachment and more positivity - "it's all good".
9w1 is less dramatic and emotional than most INFP profiles, less "wallowing", I think. It is much harder to offend me as a 9 than perhaps it would be to offend a 4-type INFP.
2. Big 5 questions

scUaI
I don't know, I'm a Big 5 skeptic, I don't seem to score very consistently most of the time; it varies greatly by my mood in the moment.

So many. But probably the most fundamental difference between me and all other people is that my biological father died when I was 8, and he was the Big Bad in my life, which made me contemplate several things, and ultimately, I became unafraid of death - just inquisitive about it and it also sort of made me see the humor in it.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
From top to bottom:
1.) 5w4 Self-preservation variant / Sexual variant
2.) 4w5 Self-preservation variant / Sexual variant
3.) 5w6 Self-preservation variant / Sexual variant
4.) 6w7 Self-preservation variant / Sexual variant

Explained:
I cannot stop thinking, and I cannot stop feeling. I have a lot of intense emotions that I cannot mention anything about to anyone or act upon. I am withdrawn, reserved, have my head up in the clouds. I'm a hermit. A loner. I'm co-dependant, yet highly individualistic. I'm anxious. Have a hard time trusting people. And I'm particularly afraid of rejection. I _crave_ intimacy, especially when I'm feeling down. And I'm always looking for love. In fact, love > friends > job. I can't focus on work when I'm in love. I'm constantly depressed, which leads to numbness. I linger / hold on to the past / hold on to negative experiences, and I do not forgive. Cannot remember anything good from my past. I value mercy over justice, but ignoring people and problems is even better. I do not like confrontation. I do not like to be made an example of. I do not like to be in the spotlight. The majority of the world's population annoys me. I like to follow, not lead. When I do lead, which is rare, I'll be nazi about it.

Quoting Rebe: (because she was spot on)
- 4 is who I am at the core - extremely emotional, sensitive, idealistic, individualistic, holds onto hurt feelings and the past too much, depressive and anxious, affectionate, dreamy, warm, loyal, need to be accomplish/important/different, always felt different

- 5 is my second layer - love to intellectualize, to analyze, to think, to ponder, to make connections, to read, to write, withdraws into self, values competence and intelligence, detaches from emotions when it's too much

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
Thank you everyone! amazingly detailed and insightful answers. Thank you!