• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: city or nature?

deep rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't like living in the city. I prefer a more relaxed out nature. I love seeing the forest and mountains..

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
As teenager, I preferred the places where there are lots of people: living the city. Now that I'm older, I prefer the countryside where it's quiet and peaceful.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i like vacationing in nature.
but living in the city.
i shop. a lot.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I live in the city atm. I like convenience, and the shopping.

But I *miss* being surrounded by nature. I grew up amidst meadows. I *miss* my meadows. And I have a strange attraction to forests. So the second I get the chance....yeah, I'm moving!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
i like vacationing in nature.
but living in the city.
i shop. a lot.

Lol spoken like a tru enfp female. :p

I prefer a big city with lots of greenery inside. I think nature can be a spiritual experience but not sure what I'm supposed to do wiith it honestly. I have never been and never will be a very outdoorsy or sporty person. I do NOT get excited about camping. I like nature I do not go out of my way to seek it.

I do love large public spaces in cities like chicagos millenium park. That kind of greenery is more my speed.

I'm kinda frenetic on the inside and I need variety. I don't just need a city I need a bustling cosmopolitan city. I have never been fully happy with how relatively small dc is but its MUCH better than living in the burbs for me :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Also I think people in big cities often seek out nature bc they get so little of it but ithat doesn't mean you wanna live in the mountains...

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
if I had to pick it'd be the city. I looooove big cities, preferably ones that have lots of options for food/entertainment/public transportation...especially at odd hours of the night. If the bar closes at 3am and i can go get Indian food and some hookah after then i couldn't be happier.

i do, however, need easy access to nature. I grew up near the ocean and the forest and Big Sur, so nature is very special to me. having to drive for more than an hour to enjoy it does not please me.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
One day I plan to move out of the city to the countryside and be left alone.

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I need a big city. I need to be at the apex of something, where the rush of life, humanity, people doing things, going places is all around me. I love human contact and meeting other people. And yes I like to shop a lot. But more than that I like to find niche stores or art galleries tucked away in a little corner of the world and they seem so niche or small or special because they are surrounded by the human ocean that is a city.

On the other hand, I love the quiet contemplation that the natural world brings. I like nothing better than to lie in the grass and soak up nature. I say lie in the grass, I do not mean a park in a city, I mean grass in the countryside. I love being in the desert too. I think (forgive the generalisation here) that ENFPs need the buzz of city life (at least the more extroverted ones) but at the same time they need a retreat, the sacred beauty of the natural world to remind of the things that really matter in life. Or maybe that's just me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i feel a strong need for both...i want to live in the city and be around a million different people...with music on the streets and yummy food vendors and so many different types of places to go...i want to be able to go out to dinner at 3am too and enjoy the scenery on the walk home...would love to be able to take quick day trips to different scenic parks...or spend the day hiking or at the beach...i think i gots to have both...but forced to pick...i'd choose city...close to nature.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I prefer a big city with lots of greenery inside. I think nature can be a spiritual experience but not sure what I'm supposed to do wiith it honestly.

:yes:

i mean i like some mountain biking or a short hike or a day out exploring or whatever but i've lived on an island where everything closes at 10 pm and that blows. i've also lived in a very, very far northern european town where everything closes around 6 pm (9 in summer) and that blows even worse. not having at least something being open 24-7 really kind of freaks me out. i feel trapped.

i prefer a big city that's in an area with a lot of nature, and greenery is a definite requirement.

I need a big city. I need to be at the apex of something, where the rush of life, humanity, people doing things, going places is all around me.

yes! i mean i love my own train car as much as the next person (because i can goof off in it), but there's something about needing to be in the rush of things. it feels more important, more significant, more energizing.

I love being in the desert too. I think (forgive the generalisation here) that ENFPs need the buzz of city life (at least the more extroverted ones) but at the same time they need a retreat, the sacred beauty of the natural world to remind of the things that really matter in life. Or maybe that's just me.

agree.

i LOVE deserts. the infiniteness and timelessness and quiet, harsh beauty of them.