• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] I dislike being an ENFP.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm...a 2 ENTP. Interesting!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yikes. Just took this test.

216164.png

if it matters...i would've typed you entp based off your pics too. :)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

216164.png

Just so you know, mypersonality.info is a very, very inaccurate test. It's basically used just to make a badge of your type when you already know your type. In my experience, the kts-ii test is the best free online test at actually determining somebody's type.

Here's a link, if you're interested.

Keirsey.com *** Keirsey Temperament Sorter II

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Just so you know, mypersonality.info is a very, very inaccurate test. It's basically used just to make a badge of your type when you already know your type. In my experience, the kts-ii test is the best free online test at actually determining somebody's type.

Here's a link, if you're interested.

Keirsey.com *** Keirsey Temperament Sorter II

I'll have to look into that. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because of the stereotype.

We're thought to be fun-loving, bubbly, disorganized, flaky, irrational, emotional, head-in-the-clouds, lighthearted, illogical. Dislikes/unable to confront, cannot take criticism, trouble saying no.

The list goes on.

This is not true for me at all.

I am not a maelstrom of emotions. I am highly logical. I rarely pay attention to my emotions. Emotional people irritate me.

I am not particularily disorganized.

I am not flaky. I am NOT irrational.

I have no problem with confrontation, I don't mind arguing.

I can take criticism. Infact, I don't even care.

I can say no. I can say no and make sure you know I mean it.

I am not a drama queen. I HATE drama. I keep my issues to myself.

But still, I am an ENFP.

I see you've retyped yourself, but I'll go ahead and comment anyway, just for some general discussion.

The only part of this that strikes me as odd for an ENFP is not paying attention to your emotions. It's one thing to feel you are an even-tempered person who is not overrun by emotions, but generally Fi-aux people are in-tune with their emotions, and find them useful, so that ignoring them is counter-productive. Do you see the distinction? Believe it or not, there are definitely Thinking people who come off as emotional, precisely because they ignore their emotions and don't have a grip on them.

The only other possible trait that would seem unusual for an ENFP is having no sensitivity to criticism. It's not typical from my observations, but I don't see it as negating the possibility that someone is an NFP.

That said, if you relate better to the ENTP profile, then you probably are a more typical ENTP than a non-stereotypical ENFP.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ENFPs can seem ENTP and vice versa, just ask Aleksei or Orobas. :p

It's not about how you act in the world, it's about your internal world. You cannot mistake being Fi dom or aux when you experience it from the inside.

A lot of feelers (correctly or incorrectly) think of themselves in the colloquial sense as 'rational, even-tempered, logical'. Lots of INFPs are in computer science/programming and INFJs are notoriously rational.

Typology is not about the 'colloquial sense', it's about cognitive functions.

In a crude way, it's not about 'how intellectual/objective/logical' are you - but how XYZ are you in relation with your Fi? Many ENTPs on the forum at least will tell you that they don't really 'get' Fi, other than as a concept.

Fi is how you experience the world in a psychic, gut-reaction way, almost primal way not how you filter it and act in the world.

Also, other ENFPs on the forum will tell you themselves that their level of Ti and/or Te really varies.

It's pretty normal for feelers to get annoyed by other people's emotionality. You see it on the forum as well as real life. Being a feeler doesn't necessarily make you adept at handling or appreciating other people's emo.

Just offering another perspective. :D

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the link I gave only tells you your temperament. There's another version of the kts available on facebook if you have a facebook account, and that one tells your full code.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NPs can seem like SPs.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
F doesn't mean illogical... you can be a F and be very logical o_o thats like saying if you're P you can't like brocoli D:

(Mini rant done)

duck!

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I've also spent my life wishing I was an ENTP instead.

I used to be a mathematician (I mentioned that elsewhere but can't remember where oo;;.) While math was a painful fit for me, I was able to put on a T hat for quite some time. It's a way of ordering things out. I found that I had such a love for math was because I "emoted" through logic. But I found myself depressed because I had no motivation to continue in a subject that required such relentless discipline and structure.

Incidentally, I find a 2 ENTP very interesting.

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

216164.png

If you had not taken the test before, and do not relate to the stereotype, what exactly made you think you were an ENFP? Surely you meant you 'dislike being perceived as an ENFP' as what you have said followed by the test show that you are not an ENFP at all.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
F doesn't mean illogical... you can be a F and be very logical o_o thats like saying if you're P you can't like broccoli D:

(Mini rant done)

this; the way i experience it, feeling is simply a different kind of "logic", if you wanna call it that, but the logic is more tied to values than it is to being impersonal or objective. Logical analysis and hard facts can feed into the feeling process where the judgment is processed and made via values, but judgment is not necessarily made based on the logic itself if that makes sense.

In Roger R. Pearman's and Sarah Albritton's book I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You, they described this distinction rather well, I thought. There was a company in a business meeting analyzing an event they had just completed when they realized that a particular speaker who participated in the event had been paid too much. It didn't break the company, but the speaker had been overpaid by quite a bit. To the president, the solution was clear: ask for the difference back.

However the president was aware that he was the only one with a T preference in the room so he opened up the topic for discussion and was surprised to see that everyone else with an F preference also thought the solution was clear: eat the cost. It was their own personal mistake, it didn't break the bank, and the speaker in question was a loyal supporter of the company as well as the only one who had been overpaid. They perceived that it was rather unfair and unwise to ask for that money back because of the possibility that it could tarnish their reputation with a big supporter and lose his support in future business arrangements.

There's still reasonable analysis going on in this situation, it's just not what we might consider "cold, hard" logic; i hate the stereotype that i'm illogical because i have a feeling preference, but it doesn't mean that i'm not a Feeler, it means that i'm an individual who doesn't fit the stereotype for whatever reason.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I know how you feel. ENFPs are also supposed to love flirting, like everyone, be Barbielike, bubbly, etcetera. I'm not like that at all. And I score ENTP, ESTP and INTP a lot lately too, rarely ENFP.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I love being an ENFP because life is awesome and I don't care what anyone thinks ENFP should mean I am just me. :)

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
BTW... I think there are a lot of the stereotypes that I don't fit very well either but I am pretty sure I am ENFP and I'm also pretty sure that I don't care about the stereotypes. :)