• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] I dislike being an ENFP.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Because of the stereotype.

We're thought to be fun-loving, bubbly, disorganized, flaky, irrational, emotional, head-in-the-clouds, lighthearted, illogical. Dislikes/unable to confront, cannot take criticism, trouble saying no.

The list goes on.

This is not true for me at all.

I am not a maelstrom of emotions. I am highly logical. I rarely pay attention to my emotions. Emotional people irritate me.

I am not particularily disorganized.

I am not flaky. I am NOT irrational.

I have no problem with confrontation, I don't mind arguing.

I can take criticism. Infact, I don't even care.

I can say no. I can say no and make sure you know I mean it.

I am not a drama queen. I HATE drama. I keep my issues to myself.

But still, I am an ENFP.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you sure you are an ENFP??

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but....maybe you're entp.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
^^. The way you describe yourself sounds a lot more like INTP to me.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not big on drama or big emotions either. The only critism I don't like is familial critism. I like confrontation too. And I just remembered, I suck at getting the girl. Relevance? None, other than I hear ENFPs are suppose to be suave.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Could just be low on Fi...high on Ne-Te

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^. The way you describe yourself sounds a lot more like INTP to me.

I think it sounds more like xNTP. I would say ENTP because said subject strikes my intuition as an Extrovert.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i don't have trouble saying no...in fact i like saying it much...i dislike doing what's expected...so no! no! no! haha and...i only like drama if it's funny...and it's a joke...not like for real drama everyone pay attention to me about this or that stupid thing that could be so easily resolved on your own quietly sthu no one wants to hear it! and...confrontation isn't something i seek out or crave but will do so when necessary without much concern....but the other stuff...disorganized...emotional...illogical...yep all that stuff to some degree yep.

you sound a bit more entpish but i know another enfp who does also.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4

We're thought to be fun-loving, bubbly, disorganized, flaky, irrational, emotional, head-in-the-clouds, lighthearted, illogical. Dislikes/unable to confront, cannot take criticism, trouble saying no.

The list goes on.

I am not a maelstrom of emotions. I am highly logical. I rarely pay attention to my emotions. Emotional people irritate me.

But still, I am an ENFP.

hmmmm, you dont neccesarily HAVE to fit every trait of an enfp. Stereotypes are the extreme types, not many people are extreme enfps or any other type. Have you thought of what an "average" or more moderate enfp would be like? I would like to hear how you percieve yourself.

KDude

well i don't have trouble saying no...in fact i like saying it much...i dislike doing what's expected...so no! no! no! haha and...i only like drama if it's funny...and it's a joke...not like for real drama everyone pay attention to me about this or that stupid thing that could be so easily resolved on your own quietly sthu no one wants to hear it! and...confrontation isn't something i seek out or crave but will do so when necessary without much concern....but the other stuff...disorganized...emotional...illogical...yep all that stuff to some degree yep.

you sound a bit more entpish but i know another enfp who does also.

Confrontation's not something I seek out either. If it's a good day or something's really at stake, I might just be unnecessarily sweet to some aggressive people.. almost borderline timid or doing my best to be humorous. But there's a difference between liking confrontation and not being able to confront people. I don't have the heart to.. bait people. I even feel bad when it's on accident, like in a joke or thoughtless comment. On the other hand, I've been known to ruin everybody's night by choking someone till they were almost blue. If someone else wants confrontation, and makes me face it, then I don't mind showing them that they aren't what they think.

Umm, point being, F's can be "confrontational", but probably/usually not in an initiating way. If you say you like confrontation in a directive or baiting nature, that might be more T though.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me

The list goes on.

But still, I am an ENFP.

I don't know about "not paying attention to emotions" and "not even caring about criticism" (the enfps' I know deal with their emotions in their own time, or filter it through art, and they can take a fair amount of criticsm up to a point, but it still gets to them inside)... but this is the general picture I had of enfps' :huh:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could just be low on Fi...high on Ne-Te

Or one could just assume that this is an ENFP who has his shit together.

Fi that is well and properly developed is still introverted, and a lack of emo outbursts could imply either "suppressed Fi" or "developed Fi."

If he's worried about whether he's ENTP or INTP or whatever else, let him open those topics.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
totally don't see enfps as having emo outbursts...our feeling is introverted.

KDude

Or one could just assume that this is an ENFP who has his shit together.

Fi that is well and properly developed is still introverted, and a lack of emo outbursts could imply either "suppressed Fi" or "developed Fi."

If he's worried about whether he's ENTP or INTP or whatever else, let him open those topics.

^If that's the case, I dislike being a "go with the flow" or "emokid" Fi dom.

Because it isn't true. Besides, I'm 33...too old for being an emokid. I better at least have Fi developed. :tongue:

Then again, I was the same way at 10. Maybe I'm a different type.. maybe everyone who says No is a hardass ENTJ. :rolleyes:

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm not quite sure what to think. I honestly think I'm perfectly on the borderline of being F and T. I am a feeler, but a thinker too.

KDude

Just keep exploring if you have to.. no one is rushing you. I've gone through several types myself :D

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh yikes. Just took this test.

216164.png