• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Ask an ENFP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get this impression that [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is a ninja. My understanding of ninjas is that they blend in and then suddenly all hell breaks loose.

Im innocent :ninja:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]

What is your significant other's enneagram?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do enfps deal with jerks/bullies/ass holes?

Depends on one very important thing: do I understand where the bullying behaviour is coming from?

If not, then it's harder to be evenhanded about it. Depending on their power position, I'll either use an avoidance tactic, or confront them head on, or just ignore them if they aint worth my time. If they are bullying someone else, I'm more likely to launch a counterstrike. Due to my past experiences, I have a very low tolerance threshold for such behaviour and it is the type of behaviour most likely to incur my wrath, lack of patience and cause me a lot of frustration, though I am working on having more patience with it, as I know it typically stems from fear and insecurity within the person. It's not like they're evil. If at all possible, I'll try to provoke them into revealing what is triggering it, so I can go to stage 2:

If I do know what causes it, I'll try to aim a precise surgical strike at those causes in order to not just interrupt the behaviour now, but give it a chance to actually vanish completely in the future. That's not always possible, though, and it depends on how deeply rooted the cause is. If someone is completely unaware and running away from themselves, they have the longest road ahead still, and they will be unlikely to be receptive to you trying to draw their attention to it. If you can get them alone though - you have a shot, provided you handle it gently and you have enough of an intimate bond with them established. From there, it's a matter of which stage they're in.

As you can tell, it is also the kind of behaviour that I have NO QUALMS manipulating the shit out of as it harms others. Since they're launching an open attack on others, all bets are off, and I *will* use whatever I need to to take it out. Not the person, the behaviour. It's a fucking cancer on our society.

[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]

What is your significant other's enneagram?

I believe him to be a 3w4 sp-sx (358)

..do I wanna know why you ask? :D

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe him to be a 3w4 sp-sx (358)

..do I wanna know why you ask? :D

Trying to understand your dynamic situation. So far I am still reading that The INTJ-ENFP Fetishists Thread and ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love.

I'm 4w5 sp, so far I also get 9w1. I wonder what kind of ENFP would then fit me. If that makes even any sense.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trying to understand your dynamic situation. So far I am still reading that The INTJ-ENFP Fetishists Thread and ENFP+INTJ=Disasterous Combo o' love.

I'm 4w5 sp, so far I also get 9w1. I wonder what kind of ENFP would then fit me. If that makes even any sense.

Lol..ohhh, good luck with those threads. Keep in mind that hunting for a specific category of enfp is not likely to...be a good tactic. It helps to understand them *after* you caught them though :alttongue:

But in the spirit of playing along: may I suggest one of them rare ENFP 8s, or the slightly more common ENFP 7? They'll lift your moods, bring life into yours and keep you swaddled with crazy kooky ideas, while dragging you on crazy adventures :wink:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do enfps deal with jerks/bullies/ass holes?

Depends on a lot. Usually I ignore them. Sometimes I step in and defend the person being bullied.

I like to keep peace, so I usually wait around for the object of the bullying to diffuse the situation somehow or for the conflict to otherwise cease. I might also try to take control of the conversation, steer it in another direction or ask the person being bullied to like go do something with me or engage them on conversation.

But I have definitely been known to throw out a "hey this person was just trying to XYZ, man. Chill out" or something.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Hey ENFPs, it seems to me that rates of depression and anxiety are so high - at least in the area I live in - is this a phenomenon of the modern world or do you think it's always been the case?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey ENFPs, it seems to me that rates of depression and anxiety are so high - at least in the area I live in - is this a phenomenon of the modern world or do you think it's always been the case?

Pretty sure it's always been part of life. It used to be that spirituality was used to ward off depression - and still does nowadays, whereas now we also have the benefit of psychology and shrinks. And hopefully, in the future, as psychology is still a relatively new science and there is still so much we do not understand about the human brain, our ability to prevent this and numerous other psychological conditions will only improve.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol..ohhh, good luck with those threads. Keep in mind that hunting for a specific category of enfp is not likely to...be a good tactic. It helps to understand them *after* you caught them though :alttongue:

But in the spirit of playing along: may I suggest one of them rare ENFP 8s, or the slightly more common ENFP 7? They'll lift your moods, bring life into yours and keep you swaddled with crazy kooky ideas, while dragging you on crazy adventures :wink:

I shall summon [MENTION=1464]LadyJaye[/MENTION]. She happens to be ENFP 7.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear ENFP,

In the event of being stalked by an ENFP, how can I get away without being sniffed, tackled, or harassed, by the insanely energetic and joyful ENFPs that are within 100 miles of me.

- An NTJ with no more will to run.

In this scenario, resistance is futile.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21251-1355941455-1.gif

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is it with you people? Why are you so charming (But also impossible to deal with)? Also, where does the seemingly endless energy come from? :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is it with you people? Why are you so charming (But also impossible to deal with)? Also, where does the seemingly endless energy come from? :D

We could ask you the same thing. I get tired just *watching* you boys take over the world :offtobed:

aalknj

MBTI Type
INFJ
What type are you most attracted to? Why? Also, what are your hobbies and interests?

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't know what is with us. I can't figure it out either!
I don't even know why we are so charming. We love people and are fascinated by them. We are happy even when we are sad. You will not often see us really sad cuz we can't help but be happy. Thinkers and sensors will find us impossible to deal with- but then we win them over and they forgive us and love us again. We want to see people be the best they can be. The energy- I don't get it either. I don't know where it comes from. Sorry- I have no good answers lol

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What type are you most attracted to? Why? Also, what are your hobbies and interests?

Me personally- attracted to thinkers- but they are not feely enough for me. I'm a diva- I need a man to understand me emotionally - but be intellectual at the same time. We love all people in general though.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see someone is in serious need of some spanking.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We could ask you the same thing. I get tired just *watching* you boys take over the world :offtobed:

I guess it's just easy to do what comes natural, and not so much what doesn't. That endless creativity though is exhilirating.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess it's just easy to do what comes natural, and not so much what doesn't. That endless creativity though is exhilirating.

We make a good team - endless creativity does need a good editor at some point :wink:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what is with us. I can't figure it out either!
I don't even know why we are so charming. We love people and are fascinated by them. We are happy even when we are sad. You will not often see us really sad cuz we can't help but be happy. Thinkers and sensors will find us impossible to deal with- but then we win them over and they forgive us and love us again. We want to see people be the best they can be. The energy- I don't get it either. I don't know where it comes from. Sorry- I have no good answers lol

All the ENFPs I've known have been great. I think you've got more to be concerned with with dominant thinkers than with all thinkers. I've noticed ENTJs tend not to get along as well with ENFPs, and INTPs are iffy too. I think what's more important than type though is that people are willing to work with each other and attempt to understand them on their level. This is definitely something a lot of T types struggle with unless they work at it.