• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Ask an ENFP

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Look I've got approximately 10 min left of entertainment here!!

Someone play with me! Haha
If you are that desperate for entertainment, go read the "Ask an INTJ" thread. You might learn to be more specific about your treats as well.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whats your approach to aesthetics? What usually catches your eye visually?

Ummm, well it does depend on what you are asking about, visual is a vast expanse of possibilities.

I know ENFP's vary on this but for myself I tend to be attracted to asymmetry and things which look like they generally do not fit in. I like things which move, but not too fast (like gifs, those are too much for me visually, I find them aggressive and confusing), I like things that move slower, sway...wind-chimes, kaleidoscopes. I Love things that are mixed up to become something new too. And things which I associate with emotions, so if I feel a connection... maybe that's too vague, your question is vague.

Of course I also like sparkly an glittery things. :smile:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I like things that look like they have a story. Anything that looks old or created with care or natural. I also like simplicity. And clean lines. And things that seem like "hidden gems" like they might be easily overlooked.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like things that look like they have a story. Anything that looks old or created with care or natural. I also like simplicity. And clean lines. And things that seem like "hidden gems" like they might be easily overlooked.
Yes, I enjoy that as well.
I enjoy looking at things that are new, but that still remind me of the past. I like images of far away places becuase they make me think of adventure. I still might buy a painting of a restaurant that I liked that burned down because of nostalgia, so there are some variations.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Things that do an original spin on a familiar, nostalgic concept. Also, otherworldly/fairy tale stuff. Think Jessica Rabbit falling down the rabbit hole, following her Roger to the Enchanted Forest.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Okay just got back. Lets see... Oh I like this question.

I feel like I have two main things going on.

One is very minimilistic. Raw materials. Organic. Peaceful and serene. No clutter just earthiness... Done in a modern yet primitive sort of way.

I like this because it doesn't compete with everything else going on in my head.

The other is more of a nostalgic kind of thing probably from my mothers house. Very artsy...layered textures... Lots of things about... Bookshelves that take up the whole wall and lots of art pieces and photography all over in groupings, layered rugs etc etc

It's just all about surrounding yourself with everything you love. Everything carefully selected throughout your life. Cherished things from family.

They're contradictory I know but I would really prefer to have two houses. One to escape to and one to come home to.

But that's just home stuffs idk if you were being more general than that.

But... Those two things spill over into other areas as well.

Some times I dress more boho style.. All flowy and patterns n stuff
Sometimes I'm drawn to a sort of Japanese minimalism in my clothes too.

In artwork... I'm drawn to anything that evokes strong emotion. I like moody things... Sometimes I like confusing things... Like the more I have to think about it or the ones I get lost in.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you folks consider yourselves to have superior cleverness to that of those ultra-witty ENTPs?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you are that desperate for entertainment, go read the "Ask an INTJ" thread. You might learn to be more specific about your treats as well.

Haha I was desperate for about 10 min there had had too much coffee and was trapped in some waiting room while I was getting new tires and my phone was about to die. I had to fill up on my entertainment!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you folks consider yourselves to have superior cleverness to that of those ultra-witty ENTPs?

No for sure not. It's just done differently. Whatever it is.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Nope, just different in our wittiness. It's like chocolate and vanilla ice cream. It's both ice cream but it aint comparable.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do ENFPs feel about INTJs romantically.
Are you naturally drawn to INTJ or would you rather prefer the ISTJ?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Come on, there should be at least one taker. Come now, I know you are hiding.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Come on, there should be at least one taker. Come now, I know you are hiding.

I share my bed with one and have been accused of 'collecting them into a harem'

Answer enough? :coffee:

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I share my bed with one and have been accused of 'collecting them into a harem'

Answer enough? :coffee:

I wonder what your air mileage is. Since it would have taken quite a while to collect a few into your harem. What does your INTJ score on sensing?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder what your air mileage is. Since it would have taken quite a while to collect a few into your harem. What does your INTJ score on sensing?

Lets just say its a magnet-thing. Sniffing them out -or being sniffed i might add- really is something i just happen to do without realizing it. I only got to test drive one though. He was very much 'mission complete: target acquired. Next OP.' about it :D

Mine actually scored IxTX when he took the test but his preference is clearly intj. Since im fond of ISTPs as well, i cannot say i mind his test results ;)

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lets just say its a magnet-thing. Sniffing them out -or being sniffed i might add- really is something i just happen to do without realizing it. I only got to test drive one though. He was very much 'mission complete: target acquired. Next OP.' about it :D

Mine actually scored IxTX when he took the test but his preference is clearly intj. Since im fond of ISTPs as well, i cannot say i mind his test results ;)

Figures, since I can't find anything, even when it is standing right in front of me. You happened to mention that you use him to find things for you. But do you think ENFPs hover around INTJs?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Figures, since I can't find anything, even when it is standing right in front of me. You happened to mention that you use him to find things for you. But do you think ENFPs hover around INTJs?

I wouldnt call it hovering, its more that they make chuckle with their behavior which brings oht the brat/smart ass in me. Cant help it. I dont follow them around, i just stumble upon them and keep them on my radar when i do.

As for me and him...i tried to include him in a social group, seeing he was being left out. He was an ass about it. I told him he was a rude jackass in so many words which somehow caused him to persist in contacting me everytime we were in that social group. Ill be honedt - Idve walked away from him without a care, had he not. It became a mind game to subly probe each other which turned into friendship and eventually more. Ne-Ni shadow games are highly entertAining and adictive, ive found.

I take it you want one?
You might want to check out the trainwrecks of threads on intjs and enfps in the archives :)

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldnt call it hovering, its more that they make chuckle with their behavior which brings oht the brat/smart ass in me. Cant help it. I dont follow them around, i just stumble upon them and keep them on my radar when i do.

As for me and him...i tried to include him in a social group, seeing he was being left out. He was an ass about it. I told him he was a rude jackass in so many words which somehow caused him to persist in contacting me everytime we were in that social group. Ill be honedt - Idve walked away from him without a care, had he not. It became a mind game to subly probe each other which turned into friendship and eventually more. Ne-Ni shadow games are highly entertAining and adictive, ive found.

My current understanding of it is that ENFPs like to discuss big ideas, because it mostly happens inside their head and the INTJ entertains this or doesn't find it that odd to think of things objectively and far into the future more or less. How come you are so smart-ass, I don't see it often on this site with the other ENFPs.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My current understanding of it is that ENFPs like to discuss big ideas, because it mostly happens inside their head and the INTJ entertains this or doesn't find it that odd to think of things objectively and far into the future more or less. How come you are so smart-ass, I don't see it often on this site with the other ENFPs.

:laugh: Then you havent prodded enough of them yet. For me its a Pavlovian response by now: see an intj, prod it, smart ass it; obtain goey centre or at least a confused stern look :devil:

The big idea thing is true. I believe [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] at some point described it as the Enfp will come up with a crazy idea and spin off associations, the intj takes those bits and pieces and uses Ni to trim it down, waeve it in a tight little succinct package which the enfp then takes and spins off more ideas from and so in. Its quite fun ;)

You might also want to look at the edits i made to my previous post.