• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Ask an ENFP

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why do we talk without thinking?

i don't think we talk without thinking... i think we just think a lot about whatever we're thinking about and then talk about something else entirely...

:laugh:

also, to get chaos out of our minds.

or because we think we have the new best idea ever.

or because we want to hear the sound of our own voice.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I like that last one.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
How would you guys feel about a conversation that takes a sudden turn from being lolzy and cheery chirpy to downright serious? Assuming the conversation just happens to go that way and no one was planning out what to say.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How would you guys feel about a conversation that takes a sudden turn from being lolzy and cheery chirpy to downright serious? Assuming the conversation just happens to go that way and no one was planning out what to say.

Not a problem. I like serious. Well maybe i'd use the word deep. hmmm, it depends on what you mean by serious, what do you mean?

And it's 7, or am i 8?

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Like one moment, we were making lame rhymes. The next, we would talk about man's nature and faith. This tends to happen when I talk to my ENFP friend. Personally, I have no problem, but I don't know what you guys would think of that.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Like one moment, we were making lame rhymes. The next, we would talk about man's nature and faith. This tends to happen when I talk to my ENFP friend. Personally, I have no problem, but I don't know what you guys would think of that.

that's kind of how conversation with me always works. :laugh:

dumb jokes ->
ponderings on life ->
gossip ->
theoretical physics ->
sparkling yogurt ->
history of the ottoman empire ->
silly bandz ->
etc.

as far as i'm concerned it's all fair game, but it's nice when you strike a balance between light and heavy.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
hey ENFPs, how do I distinguish you from ENTPs?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh absolutely, thats sound spot on.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP's would often give you shorter sharper responses :yes: whereas ENFP's can go off in all directions. Plus ENTP's can be evil :devil:, ENFP's are natural optomists and are much more tra la la.:D

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTP's would often give you shorter sharper responses :yes: whereas ENFP's can go off in all directions. Plus ENTP's can be evil :devil:, ENFP's are natural optomists and are much more tra la la.:D

Simply put: ENTP = evil, ENFP = tra la la :laugh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Percievers in general will go off in all directions, particularly Pe doms. Plus ENFPs can often do much evil! MUCH!! - and really mean it. ENTPs are sometimes assholes, and play evil jokes, but are very optimistic and positive, and even tra la lah in my case, just like ENFPs. :D

... But this is coming from an ENTP :alttongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

ENTPs tend to be razor-sharp and quick-witted, on top of their crazy loony thing, while being icy cold (Ti). They warm up when they get righteous about defending the pack, and being caring towards the pack (Fe)

ENFPs are crazy loony in a warm and bubbly way, or sharp and snide when in their cynical mood. Look for the bubbles...or the dark, cynical or righteous drama (Fi). They tend to be cold in their decisive 'I'm out of patience, let's get stuff done already!' mood(Te).

That'll be your clue...

So:

You're not making sense on x as logically x would be y! (Ti-scalpel)
How does society view this value and how does it benefit the group? (Fe, ENTP-style, trying to logically deduct social values)
Or: Stop acting like a retard, you're damaging the wellbeing of the group! (Fe, ENTP-style, in defender-mode)

vs

Cut the crap and do something already! (crude Te-hammer)
Cheer up already, look around, life's a journey to be enjoyed! (Fi, ENFP-style, bubbly version)
Yeah, like that's going to work in this nightmare of a reality we're forced to live in,pff (Fi, cynical version)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
About Ne doms.
An ENTP's Ne needs "triggering". An ENFP's Ne needs "inspiration". That's the difference :D

ENFPs, what's the sort of interaction your extravert side craves?
We (your T cousins) don't like socializing and talking about kids or other little family stories. We tend to forget all those things. We like teaching, debating, in short, all interactions where theories can be discussed. I can imagine, with your Fe being even more to the back, that those official socializing events would bore you to death... Or do you find always something crazy and fun to talk about or to do?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
About Ne doms.
An ENTP's Ne needs "triggering". An ENFP's Ne needs "inspiration". That's the difference :D

We (your T cousins) don't like socializing and talking about kids or other little family stories. We tend to forget all those things. We like teaching, debating, in short, all interactions where theories can be discussed. I can imagine, with your Fe being even more to the back, that those official socializing events would bore you to death... Or do you find always something crazy and fun to talk about or to do?

My eyes roll back in my head every time I'm to make small talk. I try to use it as a bridge though to get to the good stuff. The good stuff being...who's the person in front of me ;)
I like sharing views on the world, seeing how they experience the world, why they believe the things they do, what values they hold and how they came to distill those values and live by them, what affected them in life enough to change their personality, connecting the dots between specific behaviors they show and the childhood they had. I enjoy hearing about the intense emotions they went through, as they tell me the story of something that touched them greately, be it a great love that they lost or are still together with, grieving over a past-on relative, experiencing joy when they finally made that promotion, working hard at the thing they're most passionate about. I love hearing about the way it transformed them as a person, how they learned from that, the wisdom they gained from that experience :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
About Ne doms.

yeah i think my small talk limit is somewhere around 10 min...even if i care about you i rarely care about how much you paid for gas or or any other sort of random daily fact....but you had an interesting dream and you wonder if it's because your subconscious was trying to work out some emotional issues...oooh interesting...let's explore that...let's get really deep into it and talk about the source of those issues...where did that fear come from....

stuff like that...i like to explore thoughts...ideas...emotions...i like to use my ne to tie it all together i guess and make sense of it.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Are NFs (and specifically ENFPs) spiritual people? Do they see deeper meanings behind everything?
I guess ENTPs see deeper structures, not meanings...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Are NFs (and specifically ENFPs) spiritual people? Do they see deeper meanings behind everything?
I guess ENTPs see deeper structures, not meanings...

I don't know about spirituality but I tend to see deeper meanings behind everything. I always look for another meaning behind what is, what is said, what is written. I need a deeper meaning, to connect everything, to see the big picture, to know that there is more to this life than what we sense with our ways to sense things and what we aknowledge currently. Because (almost) everything is possible even if we don't know yet everything.