User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

Thread: Ask an ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    No. There will be no little chat. I'll cover you, kiss you goodbye, and leave the talk for later.
    I'll listen to your feelings, I'll put myself in your stead, but chances are, I won't promise you something I may not deliver.
    I'll most likely deploy intellect and insidious acumen of the highest magnitude to concoct the blueprints of flawless crimes against humanity, in this case, hiding things I deem don't necessary require having you worried over, for I care about your well-being.

Picture a valiant man of honor who'd pierce through the demons threatning his loved ones and protecting them with ferocious and unwavering volition. He's their sword, and their shield.

So am I.

I wouldn't require you to go on the battlefield, to fight, put yourself in harm's way, while I'm here. It is that care and compassion while you're attending to my wounds which gives me strength and power. I'd likely wouldn't have done many things if you weren't there, but just because I have the firm knowledge that you will, I can surpass my wildest limitations.
    *smiles*

Darling, as much as I appreciate that protectiveness, we wouldn't last.

In fact, I relish the dynamic you so idyllically described, as I have an INTJ at home like that. But he learned early on - *really* early on that lying to me or omitting truths, and for that matter denying me said truth when I confront him is a *really* lousy idea.

Just because I know you're there for me and are more than capable/willing to handle what the big bad world throws at us, doesn't mean I can't handle the truth or for that matter, myself. And similarly, I don't mind carrying the brunt of the support, healing and providing a safe haven but my INTJ does know how to do that shit himself, should he need to, as much as it's my domain. That flexibility is needed at times, in life. And in order to do this shit properly, I need you to treat me like an equal - like someone who is your partner - not a cherished porcelain doll

I can guarantee you, you wouldn't sleep that night until you gave me the truth.

And you would give me the truth, believe you me.

As I said, we most likely wouldn't last

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    In my observations, introverts tend to get assumed by others as the more intellectually curious ones, the observers and those deeper in thought.
    Pretty much this
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    *smiles*

Darling, as much as I appreciate that protectiveness, we wouldn't last.

In fact, I relish the dynamic you so idyllically described, as I have an INTJ at home like that. But he learned early on - *really* early on that lying to me or omitting truths, and for that matter denying me said truth when I confront him is a *really* lousy idea.

Just because I know you're there for me and are more than capable/willing to handle what the big bad world throws at us, doesn't mean I can't handle the truth or for that matter, myself. And similarly, I don't mind carrying the brunt of the support, healing and providing a safe haven but my INTJ does know how to do that shit himself, should he need to, as much as it's my domain. That flexibility is needed at times, in life. And in order to do this shit properly, I need you to treat me like an equal - like someone who is your partner - not a cherished porcelain doll

I can guarantee you, you wouldn't sleep that night until you gave me the truth.

And you would give me the truth, believe you me.

As I said, we most likely wouldn't last

Not every man is the same. Not every situation is handled the same. There are many circumstances and parameters that come into play.

You are, my partner. Not in this. Equal? Yes, but you have far sacred roles. You'll have your own ways to intervene. After all, I didn't marry you to babysit you, nor to treat you like a doll.
    And if you think you can handle the stress, I'll be the judge of that.

Don't project your relationship nor your previous ordeals in prejudice on the situation until you actually get to live the full experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Not every man is the same. Not every situation is handled the same. There are many circumstances and parameters that come into play.

You are, my partner. Not in this. Equal? Yes, but you have far sacred roles. You'll have your own ways to intervene. After all, I didn't marry you to babysit you, nor to treat you like a doll.
    And if you think you can handle the stress, I'll be the judge of that.

Don't project your relationship nor your previous ordeals in prejudice on the situation until you actually get to live the full experience.
    Thanks, but no thanks

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Thanks, but no thanks
    There's a cab waiting for you in the front door that will take you home or wherever you like. I already filed for divorce. Oh, I expected such a reaction and I have already packed your things. Here.

I appreciate the insight. Thank you for the trip.
    Likes Cassandra liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The above description of the So/Sx type sounds much like me. It's fun to be around many acquaintances and have a good, light and casual time with. It's like this brief moment of feeling removed from any inner troubles or worries as you're just focused on the outside world a bit, but it gets to a point for me, where I absolutely need more. Where that light-hearted fun runs out of fuel and starts to bore me. That's when I do then like to pull some aside and talk about much more insightful things and exchange any wanderings of the mind with one another.

Personally this approach makes a lot of sense for me regarding my development and experience over the years. Being afraid to reveal my true self to just anyone, being around many others in such a casual way at first, is like my selection process, my personal "interview" to see who will make the cut. Even then, there is yet another interview process of mine to determine if that person will make it into my inner circle of friends. Once someone is there, I hold onto them for life. None of this is all that conscious either, it's just something I've sort of noticed about myself in recent years as something I do. So it's interesting really, outwardly, I may appear very emotionally accessible, and compared to others (it's relative) I very well can be, but I'm really only letting on exactly what I want to show anyone at any given time.
    No wonder people call us similar . I related to every single world you said and like you I am far more serious inside than I let on. One thing I do in my relationships with others is to probe for how deep its going and see if we are digging more and more and getting to know the other more and if it isn't I regulate them to contact lol. I likewise am very controlling of what I give to others and I tailor it for each person as I try to see people as people not masses and I do well at that.

I dont get those who see people as one mass who all like and hate the same things. Like for example I know you embrace my zany and childlike side so I use that side of me on ya . Likewise with someone more serious (I read my chat logs on discord of you vs a more serious member and I am completely different in both) I use my more introverted and impersonal self to likewise appeal to them. I know this may sound fake but it isnt its more shifting and redecorating a room for certain kinds of guests (The essence stays the same but the presentation is different).
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

why
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    why
    Are you frustrated you cant think of any questions to ask the lovely ENFPs here .

Slightly Petulant Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    Are you frustrated you cant think of any questions to ask the lovely ENFPs here .
    I've never seen him answer anything that requires more than a single sentence response. Not because I believe he's incapable of it, but because he is the kid in the class no one gets to know beyond his snarky one liners. He wants us to know he's here but doesn't want us to know him.

Of course if this was back in school you'd never hear a word from me at all. I'm only as social as I am here because I can control the level of disclosure.

Anyway back to ENFP time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    no
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.