• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Ask an ENFP

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was wondering how long could a typical ENTP pass for ENFP in a room full of ENFPs.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not long...but for you? An eternity :wink:

Thanks :). Hmmm I think it depends on if they are Ne or Ti sub type me thinks. Ne sub types would pass for far longer as the Ti/Fe wouldn't be as obvious (Actually Fe would be amped up but that can pass for Ne/Fi if wielded properly) while Ti sub types wouldn't do well in that regard as their Ti would be obvious. I also think ennegram plays a part. A 972 ENTP would pass for far longer than say a 853 ENTP.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], I'm actually very cool with that.
I'm the first one to break that "Someone doesn't know me". I talk to strangers as if we know each other since a long time. It breaks the ice in a very genuine manner, since even those cautious about socializing, can read that you're authentic in your words.

On topic, that inspiring virtue I assert is what I most promulgate.
Picture two beautiful women coming our way. One of them sees a cat, and leans to pet her in bona fide. The second woman, feeling embarrased, urges the first woman to stop her behavior because their hot dates are waiting for them.

Who do you think I will choose? The obvious choice.

The second woman because she values my time.

Hell no. Not in her wildest dreams.

I'll choose the first woman because she's being her loving self without counterfeit or fake mannerism, respects herself and who she really is.
We can read you. We notice all the details. We take notes.

Loving and caring women are the gemstone.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], I'm actually very cool with that.
I'm the first one to break that "Someone doesn't know me". I talk to strangers as if we know each other since a long time. It breaks the ice in a very genuine manner, since even those cautious about socializing, can read that you're authentic in your words.

On topic, that inspiring virtue I assert is what I most promulgate.
Picture two beautiful women coming our way. One of them sees a cat, and leans to pet her in bona fide. The second woman, feeling embarrased, urges the first woman to stop her behavior because their hot dates are waiting for them.

Who do you think I will choose? The obvious choice.

The second woman because she values my time.

Hell no. Not in her wildest dreams.

I'll choose the first woman because she's being her loving self without counterfeit or fake mannerism, respects herself and who she really is.
We can read you. We notice all the details. We take notes.

Loving and caring women are the gemstone.

So where do you live? haha

I selected a "helping profession" and so I suffer to make ends meet. And then in addition I volunteer too much of my time for it to make sense in today's modern world. From now on when I question these choices I've made...which as I age seems to be more and more frequently ...

I will come here and read your loving words.

Starry

[MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION]

I want to learn more about these subtypes...

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION]

I want to learn more about these subtypes...

Basically sub types are forms of the same type. Like for instance lets take say INFJ. There is he Ni sub type of INFJ which is more introverted and colder with a focus on Ni/Ti and the Fe sub type which is the warmer more outgoing INFJ which can pass for a low key ENFJ.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP women.

Let us entertain the next scenario:
We're married, and you're feeling sick for few days. I put to halt my plans and take care of you.
Amidst this chain of events I receive a call. Our 16 years old daughter tripped and harmed her head. Apparently she took that adorable clumsy demeanor from her mother.
I make sure you don't need anything, and I leave after uttering the words "Darling, I will be back.", and before you start asking them, I say "Shhh. You take care of yourself while I'm away", while I kiss you on your forehead, avoiding the rain of questions a tenderhearted ENFP would ask even when she's bedridden. **sigh**

I then go fetch our daughter, take her to the hospital, do the necessary thorough protocole to make sure she's fine, and take her back home.

When we arrive, I instruct our daughter to wear a sleep cap to hide her bandages, and camouflage the whole thing in her sleeping attire.
I come to see you, take your hand, and ask you "Have you been a good girl while I'm gone?", triggering your ENFP senses. "Yes, my love... hum, is our daughter back?". Naturally, you knew someone else came home from the footsteps, or perhaps, you're hiding cameras at home, I don't know. Damn, now I need to know if you're hiding cameras or not. Anyway.

I call forth our daughter, and you get suspicious. "My daughter....Since when do you sleep in PJs?", you say in a funny voice.

Fuck it.

Our daughter must know about the benefits of sleeping naked, or, she simply does strip tease in front of camera, and if her mom comes in, her being naked is very convenient.
Wait, strip tease involves clothes. She must merely know about the benefits of sleeping naked. I should have more faith in our daughter's moral compass.
Or, or maybe our daughter sleeps in a different kind of attire. Maybe her mom is testing us. Maybe you are testing us. Nonetheless, our daughter remains focused and replies "Daddy bought them for me", I did, "and he wants me to put them on because he likes it that way."
Okay, her reply sounded like I have a kink for this thing, but let's see what you reply "Ahhh, good girl".
We dodged a bullet.

Or did we?

I don't know how the hell you did that stunt, but you just out of nowhere unpredictably jumped on our daughter and took off that cap. You can now see all of her bandages, and comes then the serious question:

How would you react regarding everything that happened and how are you going to perceive the motive behind this series of actions?

After checking on her and making sure she is set for the night, you and i are going to have a little chat.

And then im going to make it abundantly clear to you why white lies and efficiency are an oxymoron when it comes to me. I ll make you rue the day you kept something this big and important from me and decided for me, treating me like porcelain, however well-intentioned and sweet it is - and dont get me wrong, i do appreciate the intention.

I ll make it a point to make this stuff such a big and inefficient head ache for you that you ll automatically think twice before going there again.

And we ll rinse and repeat until the lesson sinks in. Lovingly so. Until i ve hijacked your need for efficiency to align perfectly with my need for honesty by simply making it the most efficient route to take.

Ime, it takes about three sessions before it takes effect. You guys tend to be efficient that way :coffee:

After that, i ll happily fall asleep, curled up in your arms *yawns*

Starry

ENFP women.

Let us entertain the next scenario:
We're married, and you're feeling sick for few days. I put to halt my plans and take care of you.
Amidst this chain of events I receive a call. Our 16 years old daughter tripped and harmed her head. Apparently she took that adorable clumsy demeanor from her mother.
I make sure you don't need anything, and I leave after uttering the words "Darling, I will be back.", and before you start asking them, I say "Shhh. You take care of yourself while I'm away", while I kiss you on your forehead, avoiding the rain of questions a tenderhearted ENFP would ask even when she's bedridden. **sigh**

I then go fetch our daughter, take her to the hospital, do the necessary thorough protocole to make sure she's fine, and take her back home.

When we arrive, I instruct our daughter to wear a sleep cap to hide her bandages, and camouflage the whole thing in her sleeping attire.
I come to see you, take your hand, and ask you "Have you been a good girl while I'm gone?", triggering your ENFP senses. "Yes, my love... hum, is our daughter back?". Naturally, you knew someone else came home from the footsteps, or perhaps, you're hiding cameras at home, I don't know. Damn, now I need to know if you're hiding cameras or not. Anyway.

I call forth our daughter, and you get suspicious. "My daughter....Since when do you sleep in PJs?", you say in a funny voice.

Fuck it.

Our daughter must know about the benefits of sleeping naked, or, she simply does strip tease in front of camera, and if her mom comes in, her being naked is very convenient.
Wait, strip tease involves clothes. She must merely know about the benefits of sleeping naked. I should have more faith in our daughter's moral compass.
Or, or maybe our daughter sleeps in a different kind of attire. Maybe her mom is testing us. Maybe you are testing us. Nonetheless, our daughter remains focused and replies "Daddy bought them for me", I did, "and he wants me to put them on because he likes it that way."
Okay, her reply sounded like I have a kink for this thing, but let's see what you reply "Ahhh, good girl".
We dodged a bullet.

Or did we?

I don't know how the hell you did that stunt, but you just out of nowhere unpredictably jumped on our daughter and took off that cap. You can now see all of her bandages, and comes then the serious question:

How would you react regarding everything that happened and how are you going to perceive the motive behind this series of actions?

Okay, I have returned! Hello again...

I would immediately jump out of bed and say "Who are you and what have you done with Sacrophagus? You better return him unharmed if you know what's good for you...!!!"

If you and I were husband and wife the above scenario would never have happened for long before the two of us brought a child into this world we would have discussed all of this. You would know that the day I became a mother was the day my (our) comfort and wellbeing would never come first again. You would know that motherhood is a sacred contract I have entered into with the Great Beyond. You would know that my child...our child will never go to the hospital without me because it is not the seriousness of the injury especially considering not every wound can be qualified and quantified... It is her knowledge that I will always be there for her in the greatest capacity.

The above would never come to pass because you would already know that the best way to love me and ensure my wellbeing is to hold me up so I can fulfill my sacred duty. And I will do the same for you.

Starry

Basically sub types are forms of the same type. Like for instance lets take say INFJ. There is he Ni sub type of INFJ which is more introverted and colder with a focus on Ni/Ti and the Fe sub type which is the warmer more outgoing INFJ which can pass for a low key ENFJ.

whoops...Cat Brainz...thank you! And since you are in the same room...

What do you think I am?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
whoops...Cat Brainz...thank you! And since you are in the same room...

What do you think I am?

Hmm based on what ive seen around forum id say your a Ne sub type since you seem very Ne/Te with the Fi being repressed a fair bit giving you a tougher and more logical flavor compared to the more INFPish Fi subtype which focuses more on feelings and is overall softer and less "expansive".

Starry

Hmm based on what ive seen around forum id say your a Ne sub type since you seem very Ne/Te with the Fi being repressed a fair bit giving you a tougher and more logical flavor compared to the more INFPish Fi subtype which focuses more on feelings and is overall softer and less "expansive".

Omfg change your avatar

Starry

I'm fronting

Edit...oh good you changed back. I felt like I was in a scary movie that avatar. (And yes, you are right about me I'm sure. I do hide my feels from the outside world though but don't know what that means functionally. <-Or no, idk. I hide the depth of my feels from most...even myself

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm fronting

Based on my understanding I think Fi sub-type ENFPs are far less likey to hide behind a Te wall than Ne sub types based on the theory. I see a similar thing with ENTPs as Fe subtype ENTPs are far less "jerkish" and far more depedent in many ways,. Think Chandler from Friends who is a Fe subtype ENTP (Him being a 6w7 doesnt help things) and see how insecure he is lol compared to the cocky ENTP stereotype. :D

Heh I do as well in many ways. I put on a troll front to hide myself to a degree as I find my trollish side helps defuse conflict and negativity keeping things light and shallow which is the So front until Sx kicks in then I wanna like be super deep with you. I've always seen So/Sx as like starting off with a party in your stylish lounge then scanning the crowd for those who you like and think will be good one on one and taking them to your embarrassing hobbies shed to get deeper with them so in other words the facade is dropped with a select few.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Omfg change your avatar
Hahaha wait, what was he using? I must've missed this hideous thing. Oh [MENTION=30122]Cat Brainz[/MENTION], you silly guy :D

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Based on my understanding I think Fi sub-type ENFPs are far less likey to hide behind a Te wall than Ne sub types based on the theory. I see a similar thing with ENTPs as Fe subtype ENTPs are far less "jerkish" and far more depedent in many ways,. Think Chandler from Friends who is a Fe subtype ENTP (Him being a 6w7 doesnt help things) and see how insecure he is lol compared to the cocky ENTP stereotype. :D Heh I do as well in many ways. I put on a troll front to hide myself to a degree as I find my trollish side helps defuse conflict and negativity keeping things light and shallow which is the So front until Sx kicks in then I wanna like be super deep with you. I've always seen So/Sx as like starting off with a party in your stylish lounge then scanning the crowd for those who you like and think will be good one on one and taking them to your embarrassing hobbies shed to get deeper with them so in other words the facade is dropped with a select few.
The above description of the So/Sx type sounds much like me. It's fun to be around many acquaintances and have a good, light and casual time with. It's like this brief moment of feeling removed from any inner troubles or worries as you're just focused on the outside world a bit, but it gets to a point for me, where I absolutely need more. Where that light-hearted fun runs out of fuel and starts to bore me. That's when I do then like to pull some aside and talk about much more insightful things and exchange any wanderings of the mind with one another.

Personally this approach makes a lot of sense for me regarding my development and experience over the years. Being afraid to reveal my true self to just anyone, being around many others in such a casual way at first, is like my selection process, my personal "interview" to see who will make the cut. Even then, there is yet another interview process of mine to determine if that person will make it into my inner circle of friends. Once someone is there, I hold onto them for life. None of this is all that conscious either, it's just something I've sort of noticed about myself in recent years as something I do. So it's interesting really, outwardly, I may appear very emotionally accessible, and compared to others (it's relative) I very well can be, but I'm really only letting on exactly what I want to show anyone at any given time.

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you are in a group of friends and there is an INFP in that group, would someone think you're smarter than the INFP? If you think so, in what way? If not, why?

Well I always consider the INFP "ENFP Lite"

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If you are in a group of friends and there is an INFP in that group, would someone think you're smarter than the INFP? If you think so, in what way? If not, why? Well I always consider the INFP "ENFP Lite"
In my observations, introverts tend to get assumed by others as the more intellectually curious ones, the observers and those deeper in thought.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
After checking on her and making sure she is set for the night, you and i are going to have a little chat.*

No. There will be no little chat. I'll cover you, kiss you goodbye, and leave the talk for later.
I'll listen to your feelings, I'll put myself in your stead, but chances are, I won't promise you something I may not deliver.
I'll most likely deploy intellect and insidious acumen of the highest magnitude to concoct the blueprints of flawless crimes against humanity, in this case, hiding things I deem don't necessary require having you worried over, for I care about your well-being.

And then im going to make it abundantly clear to you why white lies and efficiency are an oxymoron when it comes to me. I ll make you rue the day you kept something this big and important from me and decided for me, treating me like porcelain, however well-intentioned and sweet it is - and dont get me wrong, i do appreciate the intention.

I ll make it a point to make this stuff such a big and inefficient head ache for you that you ll automatically think twice before going there again.

And we ll rinse and repeat until the lesson sinks in. Lovingly so. Until i ve hijacked your need for efficiency to align perfectly with my need for honesty by simply making it the most efficient route to take.

Ime, it takes about three sessions before it takes effect. You guys tend to be efficient that way :coffee:

After that, i ll happily fall asleep, curled up in your arms *yawns*

Picture a valiant man of honor who'd pierce through the demons threatning his loved ones and protecting them with ferocious and unwavering volition. He's their sword, and their shield.

So am I.

I wouldn't require you to go on the battlefield, to fight, put yourself in harm's way, while I'm here. It is that care and compassion while you're attending to my wounds which gives me strength and power. I'd likely wouldn't have done many things if you weren't there, but just because I have the firm knowledge that you will, I can surpass my wildest limitations.

If you and I were husband and wife the above scenario would never have happened for long before the two of us brought a child into this world we would have discussed all of this. You would know that the day I became a mother was the day my (our) comfort and wellbeing would never come first again. You would know that motherhood is a sacred contract I have entered into with the Great Beyond. You would know that my child...our child will never go to the hospital without me because it is not the seriousness of the injury especially considering not every wound can be qualified and quantified... It is her knowledge that I will always be there for her in the greatest capacity.

The above would never come to pass because you would already know that the best way to love me and ensure my wellbeing is to hold me up so I can fulfill my sacred duty. And I will do the same for you.

I highly respect the virtue you're displaying. This comes to confirm why I chose you as my bride.

That link which you describe, I have lived it with my own mother. Sacrifice beyond the ordinary. My dad was an INTJ, absolutely protective of us, used to conceal many things. She could read him like no one else could. Even when she was dying, seeing him besides her, they had this aura of passionate and out-of-this-world and awe-inspiring endearment. I was very privileged to be their son.

My mother knew about his nature, and she let him do what he wants to do. I would ask her "Where is my father?", and she would answer "Your father is being your father like always", and we'd almost sigh together. Of course she cannot hide her worry, she's a wife and a mother, but she had great faith in him, and she never made him feel guilty for anything. I slowly understood his behavior as I'm growing up and analyzing my own. She fed him love, motivation, acceptance, and infinite warmth, while he was the charismatic and protective emblem of our family. He died years after she passed away in grieve and yearning. Even as the rock he was, the greatest warrior made of steel he was, he couldn't stand living without her after all these years. Her name was the last thing he said.

As much I'd make a standing ovation for the fondness and motherly affections you're showcasing, I won't let you come in my feelings' way about you, nor about our children.

If you are in a group of friends and there is an INFP in that group, would someone think you're smarter than the INFP? If you think so, in what way? If not, why?

Well I always consider the INFP "ENFP Lite"

I always think of ENFPs as INFP 'Bold n Spicy'. :happy2: