• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] How to Locate an INFJ

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The INFJ also tends to be uncoordinated and is likely to bump into a table or trip on a step.

Listen for verbal clues. An INFJ uses a lot of figurative language with deeper meaning. Because of the unconscious nature of their dominant function, Introverted Intuition (Ni), the INFJ will often seem to ramble as they search for the right words. Parasitic words such as "like" or "um" litter their speech as they attempt to express themselves coherently.

Yes. For some reason, I've been told I walk tall and with a seeming purpose, but somehow can't get my feet to negotiate any object protruding from the ground I walk on. LOL. Same goes for anything within arm's reach. Banned from china shops ever since I was a kid.

Ha ha. Thank you for your sympathy. If you need help with your homework, just let me know.

Awww...INTP-ENFJ bonding :wubbie:

ItsAGuy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. For some reason, I've been told I walk tall and with a seeming purpose, but somehow can't get my feet to negotiate any object protruding from the ground I walk on. LOL. Same goes for anything within arm's reach. Banned from china shops ever since I was a kid.

Oddly enough, while I identify with a lot of the original descriptions, and I do walk fast, straight (and get really frustrated when blocked by slow walkers), and with purpose... I'm not uncoordinated at all. I'm occasionally surprised by a sudden dip in the asphalt, but beyond... I'm good. I guess cases will vary.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oddly enough, while I identify with a lot of the original descriptions, and I do walk fast, straight (and get really frustrated when blocked by slow walkers), and with purpose... I'm not uncoordinated at all. I'm occasionally surprised by a sudden dip in the asphalt, but beyond... I'm good. I guess cases will vary.

Same here, I am very coordinated. Escpecially when I play hockey. But off the ice everything seems to go down hill for me. I usually fall/trip/walk into a pole at least once a day. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I do strongly agree with what is bolded.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Are my chances increased to locate an INFJ, if I wear the sacral number 48 with me at all times ? :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Just still trieing to understand the meaning behind DJ48 :D

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just still trieing to understand the meaning behind DJ48 :D

Hahaha, there isn't really a meaning. More like a story behind it. :) When I first started to take german on rosetta stone, I could never pronounce 48. It was impossible for it to register on the computer. Me and my friend share that dreaful experiance of trying to say 48, and it's like an inside joke. We are both pretty random so we will sometimes just say Achtundvierzig in the middle of a conversation and start laughing. Thats my story. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
haha i see, nice :D.

That's like me trieing to pronounce "pronouncation", an impossible thing to do :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR0lWICH3rY"].[/YOUTUBE]

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My husband keeps me located by making me look at street-view images on google earth so I know what my landmarks look like when I drive places I haven't been to before.

That keeps me from calling him in tears because I'm lost.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
haha i see, nice :D.

That's like me trieing to pronounce "pronouncation", an impossible thing to do :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR0lWICH3rY"].[/YOUTUBE]

Hahaha, in english or in german?

gurlfieri

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
"Language" is metaphorical folks..

If you don't know what I mean. Then maybe you need to go back to NF university.;)
I can spot likewise people because they are my people.. same tribe, same language..

If you need a more elaborate explanation than that.... well...

I understand how, depending on what language is used, eloquence is a fluent way indicating someone's type. This is easier said with dominant, introverted judging functions--- i.e. Fi being more intimate, Ti being more particular, because both are direct. Hard to say with extroverted functions though. They change so often. With close friends and family, yes I would agree that INFJ are easier to spot because, not only are they comfortable, but they are also passionate and incredibly figurative and holistic with their speech. Under social circumstances though, I would say they either accommodate the atmosphere and use language that best matches it, or they sit back and listen. They ask more questions and they are also more curious about the people involved. Both come naturally and are enjoyable for the INFJ, because Fe is their auxillary function.

I don't think it would be very easy to pick an INFJ out of a crowd, because they are probably trying their best to fit in to keep harmony and fluidity in the air. Making it easier for everyone to breathe.

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Contrary to popular beliefs, INFJs can be very outgoing and even appear spontaneous. If their Ti is developed, especially, they can have this amazing sense of humor that comes from Ni-Ti, with sarcastic hints and jokes about unexpected topics.
I've only met one INFJ in real life and he actually sounds like an ENFP when in social situations. He's extremely funny and it's really great to debate about all sorts of topics with him. I think INFJ males tend to sometimes try to act like an ESTP and I can see it when it comes to him, but only when he's with his xSxPs friends. When with INxx, especially, he seems more relaxed and in control. It's great.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We kind of float around and are the odd anomalies within the crowd who often seem to be listening in on people, saying nothing, but not 100% there. Kind of klutzisly and curiously stumbling through the physical world and just making it by the skin of our teeth. Curious about people and the world but maybe seeming like there is something completely off that makes people want to run in the other direction. People are probably bound to meet an INFJ or two sometime or another. Probably the best place to find them is somewhere quiet and peaceful.

With the appearing sad or lost, probably it's based on the default expression on our faces or else, mine. Sort of the way that the eyes focus directly on something or someone. Or else, just a look of staring into the void. Sometimes, people assume I'm tired, annoyed, or worried. While there is a general anxiety constantly beneath the surface, it's just my resting face they are interpreting.

It does take me a long time to open up about deep deep things. But I will start sharing smaller things with people, and break the ice. It is hard for me to take a leap to the next step though.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I usually look sad or serious. I'm quiet around people I don't know, but much more talkative and outgoing with friends.