• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when....

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
add to the list :)

You know your an ENFJ when you.....

1. see someone feeling down and feel that it is your duty to help them out somehow.

2. have a neat/organized desk and have tons of colorful photos & art posted in your cubical or office.

3. feel really sad when you see unfortunate people sleeping on the streets.

4. get butt hurt & feel misunderstood when people dont get you.

5. alot of people tell you way to much information because they feel safe and comfortable around you.

6. create elaborate excel spread sheets to plan for the future.

7. create pros and cons lists to help you make a better decision.

8. try to diffuse drama in group settings by taking charge, making a huge effort to try and harmonize the group.

9. put others needs ahead of your own.

10. sob like a baby when watching sad movies.

11. feel really guilty when you feel the need to be mean to someone, so you always apologize or try to explain why and hope they understand where you were coming from.

12. are good at leading a group and motivating others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
add to the list :)

You know your an ENFJ when you.....

1. see someone feeling down and feel that it is your duty to help them out somehow.

Oh you bet. With my ENFP sister in tow, it becomes a tag team event.

2. have a neat/organized desk and have tons of colorful photos & art posted in your cubical or office.

It's strange - I'm comfortable with a certain level of haphazard messiness, but when my sister organizes thing, I really love the order and will do whatever necessary to maintain it. I like it when things are functional.

As to sticking frilly, shiny, sparkly doodads to everything, I'm your girl! I've been referred to as a hermit crab crawling along the ocean floor sticking found objects to my shell. lol

3. feel really sad when you see unfortunate people sleeping on the streets.

It's true.

4. get butt hurt & misunderstood when people dont get you.

This used to hurt me a LOT. As I've gotten older, I've cared less and less. However, when the other person's misunderstanding of me interferes with vital communication, that makes me both mad and really hurt. I don't like dealing with cynics. Skeptics, sure. No cynics.

5. alot of people tell you way to much information because they feel safe and comfortable around you.

Oh yes. This happened to me (and my twin) so often, the INTJ we ran with felt the need to "deflect" such people.

6. create elaborate excel spread sheets to plan for the future.

In Technicolor!

7. create pros and cons lists to help you make a better decision.

I can mull something to death, plus I love making lists.

8. try to diffuse drama in group settings by taking charge, making a huge effort to try and harmonize the group.

I have been known to do that in hairy situations.

9. put others needs ahead of your own.

The common affliction of the NF world.

10. sob like a baby when watching sad movies.

Yes, but only behind my hands.

11. feel really guilty when you feel the need to be mean to someone, so you always apologize or try to explain why and hope they understand where you were coming from.

There was a scene in "You've Got Mail" where Meg Ryan is saying "I wish I could say what I want to say in the moment and not come up with much later after I've already left" and Tom Hanks says basically that being able to say exactly what you want in the moment always comes at a cost because you'll walk away knowing you've snapped a person down royally, but you regret having been so mean or lacerating. I've felt this way frequently.

12. are good at leading a group and motivating others.

I'm pretty good at galvanizing a group I'm already an intricate part of. More often than not, at the garage, I was the social hub.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We should have some sort of really gross looking band of flesh attaching us together so we can flash it at people.

G

Glycerine

...and give the haters big fat group hugs. I hope that our infectious love will spread.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hahaha I can see it now...hugfest 2010 ;).

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I plan on rubbing a lot of cooties on people.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hold on - all of this sounds so INFJ... except that I'd need breaks from the groups...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I need a lot of alone time myself.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Word, me two...but I don't have it enough. :( Workin on it though!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also have a strong antipathy towards the natural laws of the universe being forced upon me for some reason. I consider them as I would consider something I could actually get around or defeat entirely. I've been this way for as long as I've been alive. I don't know if this is the root of my general irreality, but I stare at physical laws like a philosopher turned mad scientist/alchemist trying to change things into gold.

As if everything were negotiable.
As if nothing were set in stone, not even time.
As if I had the power to throw my shoulder into the dimensions or outwit it.
As if I could find a way into the very heart of time and stop the swinging with my own hands.

Is this my inner ISTP? The whole "shut up and drive" mentality?

G

Glycerine

I learned to relish alone time and develop my introverted side because I was forced to entertain myself when I was younger. I had unusually strong Ni (I would drive people up the wall with my incessant questions. My favorite question was "Why?") by the time I was 6 and started to develop Ti by the time I was 13. I swear that I am an ENFJ/INFJ mutant.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are u any only child? I am...it sucks. I'm boarderline "I" I'm just a little more on "E" side.

Domino, that's awesome that your a twin :). My dad has a twin bro and they are like night and day!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I learned to relish alone time and develop my introverted side because I was forced to entertain myself when I was younger. I had unusually strong Ni (I would drive people up the wall with my incessant questions. My favorite question was "Why?") by the time I was 6 and started to develop Ti by the time I was 13. I swear that I am an ENFJ/INFJ mutant.

Same here, pudding pop. My Fe and Ni are constantly taking a whack at each other. I'm either an INFJ with really strong assertive Fe or I'm an ENFJ with pushy "me first" Ni that hates the back seat. I have to pull the car over a lot and spank legs.

G

Glycerine

Are u any only child? I am...it sucks. I'm boarderline "I" I'm just a little more on "E" side.

Domino, that's awesome that your a twin :). My dad has a twin bro and they are like night and day!
Never been one. :)
Same here, pudding pop. My Fe and Ni are constantly taking a whack at each other. I'm either an INFJ with really strong assertive Fe or I'm an ENFJ with pushy "me first" Ni that hates the back seat. I have to pull the car over a lot and spank legs.
Some people say I am an E and others vehemently tell me I am an I. it makes for an interesting perspective that's for sure.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It appears that you and I are beasts with two masters, my dear.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ

Yes, I'm an only child too. And yes, it sucks royally. I think I'm borderline I/E, with just a little more on the "E" side. I used to be more "I".

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm an only child, too, an INFJ who has a big wish to be an ENJF. I am so envious of those with social graces.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm an only child, too, an INFJ who has a big wish to be an ENJF. I am so envious of those with social graces.

Be careful for what you wish for. Some days I literally spend fussing over some social faux-pas I made, only to discover later that it was either all in my head (meaning the other person didn't even notice/realize my "mistake") or not as big a deal as I made it out to be.