• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] You know you're an ENFJ when....

Arinn

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
5w4
You know your an ENFJ when you.....

1. see someone feeling down and feel that it is your duty to help them out somehow.

Mi eyes are like lasers that look everywhere for those people

2. have a neat/organized desk and have tons of colorful photos & art posted in your cubical or office.

Pretty much :]

3. feel really sad when you see unfortunate people sleeping on the streets.

Orly? Scares me sometimes, i believe some of them deserve it!

4. get butt hurt & feel misunderstood when people dont get you.

The other day my mom and i were talking about why i didn't go to some university information night for the last 3 years, but this year i went. I heard that much of the info could be looked up online. Srsly going more than once is a little too much huh? I said it was "useless" and then she says that because I'm "Aimless". I f'rking had a spasm and snapped back at her. Sometimes i wish people wouldn't let me down, y me :cry:

5. alot of people tell you way to much information because they feel safe and comfortable around you.

Not so much me, mayb. I'm not open to very much people since they all fail me. You could say some :shock:

6. create elaborate excel spread sheets to plan for the future.

EXACTLY, i plan intensely for the next 10-15 years in my head :D. Who hear can see themselves as seniors :D?

7. create pros and cons lists to help you make a better decision.

Sure...

8. try to diffuse drama in group settings by taking charge, making a huge effort to try and harmonize the group.

I guess, don't know what kind of situation that would be. I tend to avoid those type of situations, or none happens at all

9. put others needs ahead of your own.

Don't know if this applies to all ENFJ''s. I haven't used all my energy to focus on people, i still use the quiet time to think of what's best of me

10. sob like a baby when watching sad movies

*Tears*, yes happened to me the first time i went on a plane. Sobbing like when my grandparents died :doh:

11. feel really guilty when you feel the need to be mean to someone, so you always apologize or try to explain why and hope they understand where you were coming from.

Nope, i think some people deserve to get kindness and some meanness(kahahah)

12. are good at leading a group and motivating others.

Ya, small group though :yes:

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
This topic is very fascinating to me! I felt so relieved when I realized I was an ENFJ in my late teens, and have been talking with people here who can identify with me.

Yet each one of us has a different story and perspective we have developed. I wonder if I have a much stronger Ti than most. I am the strongly driven "Jesus Christ superstar" ENFJ. When I was 18 I decided I wanted to be one of those women featured in the "30 women under 30 yrs old" articles, and have pursued my career with a fire. More recently I have become more balanced, searching for quality, purpose, love, depth in other things that I realized are most meaningful to me. I am very passionate. I *have* to be somebody, to affect a culture, city, or people. Always questioning, and looking for the most effective method. Sometimes I intimidate people when I'm a group leader, I think.
Are any of you this way?

1. see someone feeling down and feel that it is your duty to help them out somehow.
Yes and no. If it's someone close to me, that is my natural response. Very strongly; in fact I feel their emotions myself and am compelled to try to remedy it. It's been bad in the past, I've taken on emotions of people around me who were depressed when there was absolutely nothing I could or should do.

BUT. I have learned more recently through growth that MANY times they need to be left alone. People (ie SOs, coworkers, etc) *need* you to give them the freedom to experience and work through their natural feelings. It's normal to feel upset sometimes, that's where they're supposed to be in that moment. Only applies sometimes of course. ;)

2. have a neat/organized desk and have tons of colorful photos & art posted in your cubical or office.
YES! to the organization. :D My desk at home becomes a slight mess at home during the week and feel like I can't think until I clean it off. Not so much for colorful photos though. Flashy messy things aren't my style at all. I am creative through my wallpaper.

3. feel really sad when you see unfortunate people sleeping on the streets.
Nope. I have no sympathy for them. They make more than three times the money per hour than I do, and completely take advantage of society to fund their meth habits.
4. get butt hurt & feel misunderstood when people dont get you.
Well... it's become more a belief that I take for granted basically everybody doesn't understand me. All of my friends at school and work don't get me. And that's ok. Something I long for, and dream of but believe doesn't exist. Until an INTJ friend I met recently, who "gets" (!!) much of my deeper perspectives.

5, 6, and 7.. yup in the right circumstances.

8. try to diffuse drama in group settings by taking charge, making a huge effort to try and harmonize the group.
Nope. Listening to people constantly complaining or talking about personal drama wears me out. I think it's stupid. There are so many more important things in life... with life, passion, *real* things that matter. I put on headphones and tune them out.

9. put others needs ahead of your own.
On a subconscious level. Constantly. Very difficult to learn to train yourself to listen, to be what you need, to allow yourself to want, to experience...
10. sob like a baby when watching sad movies.
Nope. Non-emotional in movies... never really emotional about relationships either. Until the guy I recently met, where it's a deeper intensity We are like romeo and juliet.

12. are good at leading a group and motivating others.
Um... I have been told by many I am a natural leader. But I get uncomfortable in that position. I have difficulty not overwhelming people things simple and common sense to me. Then I feel bad and ask them questions trying to listen... and if they're insecure it just exaserbates and they expect me to do all the work.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
More! :D

You know you're an ENFJ..

- If people say you're just like one of the Stepford Wives. lol

- Teachers jokingly introduce you to the class by saying, "If you don't want to do any work join her team." lol wtf?

- Employers, professors, and coworkers drifting through you life say you have potential and they want to keep up with you. They use your work as examples for future classes.

- You genuinely love people. Those close to you. You freely give compliments when you truly believe them.

- You strive to be the best and demand yourself to have the highest standard of everyone.

- You are constantly searching for a better way, questioning, higher quality, the best of the best...

- You take pieces of everything and the best of all... are a conglomerate personality. People laugh and say you are random.

- You look at the stars, the milky way and dream of dancing in them. You get lost in music and want to become a part of the notes, to lose your being in a piece of the melody. You look at the world in wonderment, how everything works.. the clouds, the beauty...

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- You look at the stars, the milky way and dream of dancing in them. You get lost in music and want to become a part of the notes, to lose your being in a piece of the melody. You look at the world in wonderment, how everything works.. the clouds, the beauty...

I think this works even for an INFJ too. I can relate to this, especially about the music part!

G

Glycerine

You know you're an ENFJ..

- If people say you're just like one of the Stepford Wives. lol

- Teachers jokingly introduce you to the class by saying, "If you don't want to do any work join her team." lol wtf?

- Employers, professors, and coworkers drifting through you life say you have potential and they want to keep up with you. They use your work as examples for future classes.

- You genuinely love people. Those close to you. You freely give compliments when you truly believe them.

- You strive to be the best and demand yourself to have the highest standard of everyone.

- You are constantly searching for a better way, questioning, higher quality, the best of the best...

- You take pieces of everything and the best of all... are a conglomerate personality. People laugh and say you are random.

I love this. I relate to everything. Teachers love to poke fun at me tooo. One used to say that he would throw me out the window. It was even funnier because I have a physical handicap and it's so non-PC.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I love this. I relate to everything. Teachers love to poke fun at me tooo. One used to say that he would throw me out the window. It was even funnier because I have a physical handicap and it's so non-PC.

What do they say? :D humor me.

My teachers say stuff like...

(during class introductions at the beginning of the semester)
"If you join [Nynesneg's] team she will do lots of work so you don't have to."
"[Nynesneg] eats people for her job."
"I once worked with this girl who was as belligerent [Nynesneg] is on a bad day."

Yesterday my boss introduced me as.... "This is [Nynesneg]... ...I'm not sure if she ever sleeps, I think she gets like two hours a night."

LOL!

--------

I *am* an ENFJ whirlwind. lol...

Presently taking 18 credit hrs, work 29 hrs a week. I'm involved in 4-5 organizations or committees, volunteering 5-10 hrs a week for two of them. I just had two pretty serious business proposals this week from people who want me to work with them. In my free time, I am madly enjoying seeing this incredible INTJ man, and training for a half marathon.

:woot: Would love to hear about what you're doing.

G

Glycerine

One time, my teacher helped to scribe my final and did a running commentary whenever I said an answer (of course, that's nerve-racking). The last question was "What was one thing you learned in parenting skills?" I was trying to think of something nonchalant because he was poking fun at me the whole time so I said, "I don't want to be a parent." Him: Do you seriously want me to put that?" Me: yes. Him: OK, hot mama. That's your nickname from now on. Me: :shock: :blush: *already really nervous about the final* Him: uhhhhh.... that was a joke....because you said...that you didn't want to be a parent...." He avoided me for the rest of the day. :rofl1:

There are others but that was the funniest. I am taking 16 credits and still adjusting to dorm life (I'm a junior transfer).

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know you're an ENFJ because:

1. The key to the mad scientist arsenal is on YOUR keyring, but your shadow tut-tuts you about going in there without supervision. *grumble*

2. You want to comfort the dog so she won't be embarassed about having an accident while cussing under your breath about cleaning it up.

3. You smell purple. A lot.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
2. You want to comfort the dog so she won't be embarassed about having an accident while cussing under your breath about cleaning it up.

This is so true for me. It's like, "the dog already feels bad enough without adding me into the mix, but man! Why I gotta deal with this?"

WheresRocket

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is so true for me. It's like, "the dog already feels bad enough without adding me into the mix, but man! Why I gotta deal with this?"

This right here is why I married an ENFJ. You are a fabulous bunch of people, even when you're carrying the weight of the world and feel completely unfabulous.

Last edited:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I freaking hate this type as they are such responcible and conscientious folk who take fulfilling their duty to humanity way too seriously rather than letting loose and living the life of a hedonistic daredevil.:harley::devil:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
1. When you constantly correct other's social mistakes.
2. When you start a religious cult.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you organize the items in your medicine cabinet by height.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. When you constantly correct other's social mistakes.
2. When you start a religious cult.

Indeed the bolded is such a dang pain in the butt, as types like ISTP are absolutely horrible socially (perhaps the most socially awkward of all types?), and the opposite type, ENFJs are oh so normal and mainstream as well as absolute social butterflies who can't shut their big fat mouths, and they want you to follow all of their stupid conventions like a weak and pathetic insect. This type is horrifying beyond measure, even more so than ESFJs, and that's really saying something!

There's an ESFJ hate thread linked below (I really hope someone has the guts to start an ENFJ hate thread!):
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/35069-esfj-hate-thread.html

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Indeed the bolded is such a dang pain in the butt, as types like ISTP are absolutely horrible socially (perhaps the most socially awkward of all types?), and the opposite type, ENFJs are oh so normal and mainstream as well as absolute social butterflies who can't shut their big fat mouths, and they want you to follow all of their stupid conventions like a weak and pathetic insect. This type is horrifying beyond measure, even more so than ESFJs, and that's really saying something!

There's an ESFJ hate thread linked below (I really hope someone has the guts to start an ENFJ hate thread!):
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/35069-esfj-hate-thread.html

The difference between you and I is that I can use Fe well enough to always know how others will feel about my statements, and whether they will offend. It's just that I don't give a shit whether I offend people.