• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs (and any other type if you want), did people ever think that you...

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
...had a mental problem? While you don't =O

Like one time I went with my half-little sister in a place for kids, and there was one very fun thing. Like this
beethoven_big.jpg

Its really fun! :D

And then the lady who worked there looked at me with a sad face... and another evil lady told me to get out of there because I could break it (am i that fat!?! and to leave it to little kids)

End of mini-blog.

Did something like you already happend to you? xD

Cbelle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Kind of. I remember those looks but not the exact instances. I think I was in Costco and acting completely ADHD and enthralled with these great glass jars that you could see through into pickles!

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I always wonder if there is something wronh with me. Then I realize I'm an ENFP. :)

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
actually it's the opposite for me: people are usually very surprised to discover that i'm bipolar :alttongue:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
people are stupid.

they think adults shouldn't have simple fun.

i make it a point to, in act and deed, disagree. :tongue:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

Yes. You are supposed to have fun only in places designed for having fun so that people know this is now not the real you but the fun-having you. Don't dance on the street, stupid, it's there for walking!!! :smile:

No one has actually said that I am insane, but I've had a fair share of situations where people seem to distance themselves of my stuff. Like, if I am once again laughing hysterically about something, and then one of the people in the group just seems to be very uneasy about it and kinda goes all cool and awkward about it... Actually, I remembered just now, it was really funny when I was traveling with someone who wasn't at all my kind of people and we met this woman, some bit older than us, and she didn't speak too good English and had to have her husband translate most of the stuff. Anyhow, she asked me something about the trip, like how has it been, and I didn't really reply, I just looked at her and probably she could see from my face that I was really tired to be with the people I was with, and we just both started laughing. The other people were like: :huh:

prophesy

MBTI Type
INFJ
i actually wish i could do something like that..act crazy and not care. i have urges to just be spontaneous but i always feel like people are watching me and it makes me so uncomfortable:blush:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Oh, many times! I forgot the half of those problems, but I do remember Asperger syndrome, schizophrenia and "monster in your head". I do have ADD.

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
people are stupid.

i make it a point to, in act and deed, disagree. :tongue:

^ So true. This happens to me as an adult. I feel pretty uninhibited about being myself. If others can't take it, "f" them. There's value in authenticity and cutting loose (especially because I can be so serious at times).

Example: One time I was in Rite Aid with my daughter and we came across some cheap frisbee like cloth disks. They were neon with black aliens on them. I thought they were sooo cool and weird at the same time. I couldn't contain my enthusiasm. "These are so COOL! I've gotta have one of these to hang up in my room!". We were giggling and laughing hysterically. This woman ( a little older than me) looked at me like I was completely insane. Her mouth literally dropped. We just walked away while continuing to giggle up and down the aisles. As we were checking out, she was right in front of us. She did everything to distance herself from us (as if we had a disease). She glared at us in disapproval. I didn't care because I was having fun. She was clearly uptight and unhappy. I think it's sad that people are unable to indulge their "inner child" which is such a source of joy, creativity and freedom. I wish I could get there more often. I might be happier.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh yes. On multiple occaisions.

1) In kindergarten, the teacher told my mom to put me on Ritalin because I was too hyperactive, almost to a destructive point. (She never put me on Ritalin, for which I am very grateful.)

2) I ended up in psychotherapy TWICE before I turned twelve, if that says anything at all...

3) I was tested for ADD and ADHD on multiple occaisions. They told me I did not have it and that I was merely just impossible to teach. (To which, I take, oddly, as a compliment. :D )

4) I used to think (and still think sometimes) that I am bipolar, because I'm extremely moody.

5) I've heard somebody laugh before, but no one was there with me.

6) I get anxious and panickey quite often.

7) I swear, just the other night I was hearing voices in my head. Weather I was simply replaying what I had heard earlier or going insane, I have no idea. But it was extremely annoying. I seriously heard voices! I was freaked out! :eek:

8) I have overprotective and jealous tendencies.

9) While watching an art film in the contemporary wing of the art museum, it was so whacked that I could literally feel insanity creeping up from behind me. I had to leave.

10) Listening to Pink Floyd's song "It Would Be So Nice" made me rock back and forth, trying to refrain from beating my head against the wall. But, then again, that song could make even the most sane people go mad!

11) I get depressed in ther winter.

12) I have an abnormal obsession for antique stores and I often feel nostalgic for decades I wasn't even alive in.

13) When I was nine, I got very, very angry at my cousin and threw a ten gallon jug at her head...

And, I'm just getting started here!! :devil:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
All the time... Sometimes in a 'Aww you're such a mental case' cutsie kinda way but more lately in a... You're a basket case and I'm think you need help kinda way... why... is that??? we're not that mental are we!?

Cbelle

MBTI Type
ENFP
We're not mental! We should create our own genius ENFP institution... let no other types enter......

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I have this thing that I do on a regular basis and I am sure that some people might think it's nuts, but I don't care.

If one of my friends is feeling down, I will grab their hand (no matter where we are, mall, restaurant, and most recently - hospital) and start swinging our hands while skipping announcing "You can't be sad if you're skipping!"

I usually have to drag them along at first but generally get them to skip and laugh hysterically. Who cares if people think I'm crazy...I made my friend happy and that's way more important :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
One time I was in Rite Aid with my daughter and we came across some cheap frisbee like cloth disks. They were neon with black aliens on them. I thought they were sooo cool and weird at the same time. I couldn't contain my enthusiasm. "These are so COOL! I've gotta have one of these to hang up in my room!". We were giggling and laughing hysterically. This woman ( a little older than me) looked at me like I was completely insane. Her mouth literally dropped. We just walked away while continuing to giggle up and down the aisles. As we were checking out, she was right in front of us. She did everything to distance herself from us (as if we had a disease). She glared at us in disapproval. I didn't care because I was having fun. She was clearly uptight and unhappy. I think it's sad that people are unable to indulge their "inner child" which is such a source of joy, creativity and freedom. I wish I could get there more often. I might be happier.

100% approve

what does she care? geez

I wonder what is going on in their minds. Is it some sort of jealousy? "I don't enjoy my life so no one should"

seriously :shock:

We're not mental! We should create our own genius ENFP institution... let no other types enter......

lol that would be terrible :sadbanana:

If one of my friends is feeling down, I will grab their hand (no matter where we are, mall, restaurant, and most recently - hospital) and start swinging our hands while skipping announcing "You can't be sad if you're skipping!"

I usually have to drag them along at first but generally get them to skip and laugh hysterically. Who cares if people think I'm crazy...I made my friend happy and that's way more important :)

100% approve
also might borrow this tactic :D

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
All of the time. Because anything I do/am interested in is so far from the norm (it really isn't, it's just that my family is very closed minded) anything I say/do is labeled insane. Even things like eating healthy, exercising for functional strength, lifting weights, designing a budget. ...honestly, if I am insane it's from living with them, not from being myself.

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have bipolar disorder. I was more aware that there was something wrong with me than other people though. I know another ENFP who is bipolar and others who seem to possibly be that too. I think ENFPs are generally more subject to the extreme passions and depressive episodes that come with reacting deeply to life. ENFPs feel deeply - or at least those I have met (and myself seem to) - more deeply than other types and so it makes sense that maybe they have some sort of 'disorder'. My INFP friend has clinical depression - what a happy fucking bunch we make. LOL.

I don't think we are weird though, I think we are the lucky few who get to really live life get under its skin and breathe it. We live more deeply than other types. Being seen as 'weird' or 'strange' is merely the cross we bear for it.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
My mood is generally "happier" than most of the other people around me.

I have my ups and lows though; my lows are really low and I haven't had a bad "low" in quite some time. I don't think I'm manic depressive.

But I do think that my (many) manic moments do make people uncomfortable or at least ask, "wow, what is *she* on?"

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
MBD / ADD / ADHD
Post traumatic stress disorder
Avoidant disorder

None of the above were true.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess I have a few odd quirks which may or may not indicate there's something wrong with me and I guess rather or not others think so is sorta irrelevant.