• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Hate an INFJ? Tell us why!

INFJs are...

• Awesome!

Votes: 56 65.9%
  • okay I guess...whats so special about them...?

Votes: 29 34.1%

• Total voters

Jaguar

they are just extremely judgmental, cuz they think they know what's right for everybody. It makes most of them a bunch of little control freaks, who then get all emo when they realize that they won't be able to control everybody.

That description can fit some INTJs - some of them were banned.

chelsea

MBTI Type
INFJ
Anyway, I like the idea of a really mature INFJ who doesn't engage in stuff like this, but, unfortunately, I find that the majority do...

I love when people espouse to know what the majority of any group of people are like, especially through personal experience.

Sounds like someone had a bad experience with someone and wants to attribute that bad experience to the entire type. Or secretly wants to be an infj :)

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love when people espouse to know what the majority of any group of people are like, especially through personal experience.

Sounds like someone had a bad experience with someone and wants to attribute that bad experience to the entire type. Or secretly wants to be an infj :)

Who doesn't want to be an INFJ!? :cheers:

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Seriously, Amar, your whole post could have literally been taken straight out of my mind...

It's when you read stuff like this that you realize that this typology stuff actually does have a good amount going for it...

So true...

And I hate passive-aggressiveness...

If you want to be aggressive, be aggressive. Don't fucking feign like you're not, when you actually are. It's just fake, and makes me want to :sick:

Yeah, the difference is that we have our vision, but we realize that it is our vision.

INFJs, on the other hand, think that their vision should be everybody's vision. As such, they have a deep desire to control everyone around them, which is why, deep down, so many of them tend to be a bunch of lil
hitler.gif
s...

Seriously. Jesus. H. Christ. Woe is fucking you.

You are "so good" and everyone else is "so not as good as you", and it's just so hard on you it makes you wanna :cry:.

Fuckin' a. Get over yourself.

Yeah, this is wrapped up in all of the above.

When it comes down to it, they are just extremely judgmental, cuz they think they know what's right for everybody. It makes most of them a bunch of little control freaks, who then get all emo when they realize that they won't be able to control everybody.

It's fucking pathetic... What kinda of messed up wiring is that...?

Anyway, I like the idea of a really mature INFJ who doesn't engage in stuff like this, but, unfortunately, I find that the majority do...

I guess the INFJ choice is either :jesus: or
hitler.gif

The difference between the two is probably highly related to something very important that the former realized:

Wow, you don't pull your punches, do you? :laugh: Go on, tell us how you really feel!

chelsea

MBTI Type
INFJ
I thought you might call that "passive aggressive" Zarathustra. How about this...

Sounds like YOU had a bad experience with someone and want to attribute that bad experience to the entire type. Or secretly want to be an infj.

Either way, it was directed towards you :cheese:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems like a lot of people take themselves too seriously.. this includes saintly INFJs.
Ni offers a wide, multidimensional sort of perspective. Doesn't mean we know everything.. from my own interactions, & the experiences I hear from others who interact frequently w/INFJs, more often than not, this minor yet integral detail seems to be thrown by the wayside..

I hate most of you.

Lighten up before you all end up like Mel Gibson.

:D

Random Ness

Seems like a lot of people take themselves too seriously.. this includes saintly INFJs.
Ni offers a wide, multidimensional sort of perspective. Doesn't mean we know everything.. from my own interactions, & the experiences I hear from others who interact frequently w/INFJs, more often than not, this minor yet integral detail seems to be thrown by the wayside..

I hate most of you.

Lighten up before you all end up like Mel Gibson.

:D
Tsk. What a self hater. :alttongue:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tsk. What a self hater. :alttongue:

Nah.. Lex is all right in my book.. she embraced her own NF cognitive dissonance & hypocrisy long ago. And talks in both the 1st & 3rd person when she's sleepy, apparently.

Random Ness

Overall your pretty cool. The only thing that frustrates me would be the fact that (this is from my view of my friend who is one) he never thinks much goes his way. I suppose it goes back to the woe is me. He exaggerates his problems too much, but that may be my P talking.
I know several people have said that about INFJs but I don't really relate...I don't like people who have too much self-pity. And I have known plenty of INFJs who are big self-pitiers. Is it really an INFJ thing? Because it seems more like a general human tendency. :/

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know several people have said that about INFJs but I don't really relate...I don't like people who have too much self-pity. And I have known plenty of INFJs who are big self-pitiers. Is it really an INFJ thing? Because it seems more like a general human tendency. :/

I'd agree.. I think perhaps some types may be more prone to that whole, ''learned helplessness'' mentality than others, but I certainly can't say I feel like a ''victim'' of life. Life is growth. Ever forward. :yes:

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I hate one INFJ.
He's way too serious, takes everything too seriously, can't get a joke, talks like he's 100 years old when he's like 20, can't seem to understand us poor little P beings, is bossy and real annoying!
I understand the Joker now ._.

Aah I feel better now ^_^

I also hate Lexicon for being a Lexicon.

Thats all :p
but overall infjs are... complicated o_O but real nice ;D

QPoet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ok..well the things that bug me the most are:

* passive-aggressive, especially in a snipy way. I actually use it myself when I get defensive with someone I feel uncomfortable with, but I very much try to avoid it as I find it to be the equivalent to cutting someone with a scalpel, just without the anaesthetics.

* The high-and-mighty thing. I get that that's Ni for ya, and I love Ni normally, but there's something about the NiFe combo that just irks me. It's that whole 'This is the way it is/should be and you're an idiot for not seeing it or unworthy for not living up to that standard'. I know INTJs are prone to the same thing especially when it comes to work standards, but somehow I can smile better at that (I'm allergic to guilttripping Fe, so that might be it)

* The martyr-thing. The 'Woe, me, I'm so tough for bearing this burden while nobody cares.' Not everyone is gifted in seeing that you need help. You have a mouth, you're not a child, ASK! Do NOT guilttrip.

* Judgemental. Someone who doesn't live up to your standards and has a different pov somehow has to prove their worth to you 10 times before you'll even consider them potentially interesting, or so it feels, at times.

Note: I'm aware that due to my own perspective and my limited sample pool of INFJs, this is bound to be somewhat subjective and biased. And it clearly mostly applies to the more..immature ones still. Hope this was what you were looking for :)

All of the above things CAN be true of an INFJ, particularly in we younger ones. I don't find them to ALL be true in most INFJ's, even in we younger ones. Of all those above, the one I most relate to from my younger years would be the "woe-is-me" pity party thing. I did that a lot earlier in life until I realized what a self defeating attitude it was. It's also a self fulfilling prophecy. My opinion has always been that INFJ, because of their nature, are on of the types that can really change a lot from youth to full grown adulthood. I spend a lot of time on the INFJ forum and that really sticks out for me. I realize how much I used to be like the younger ones, and how different I now am. And DJAchtundvierzig is right, who wouldn't want to be an INFJ? ;)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this is an INFJ thing, maybe not, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong:

Never letting go of anything.

I don't even realize I'm doing this, but if I had to live with me, it would drive. me. nuts. and make me paranoid. If there's a communication breakdown, one of those things where you know you're not entirely connecting but you both just brush it off and move on, and I'm talking about one conversation of maybe five minutes duration -- I remember that. I keep it flagged on my list of things to solve. Eventually something will click and I will figure out what they meant or where the conversation went off, and I will go back to the person and say "Do you remember three years ago when you said this and I said that?"

And usually the person says no. ... and thinks I'm crazy. Although sometimes they do remember if I bring it to their attention, and then I can get it straightened out and I feel much better.

If I had to live with that, I would be paranoid thinking every single conversation is being recorded and never knowing when something I did or said would be brought up, years into the future.

Random Ness

I think this is an INFJ thing, maybe not, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong:

Never letting go of anything.

I don't even realize I'm doing this, but if I had to live with me, it would drive. me. nuts. and make me paranoid. If there's a communication breakdown, one of those things where you know you're not entirely connecting but you both just brush it off and move on, and I'm talking about one conversation of maybe five minutes duration -- I remember that. I keep it flagged on my list of things to solve. Eventually something will click and I will figure out what they meant or where the conversation went off, and I will go back to the person and say "Do you remember three years ago when you said this and I said that?"

And usually the person says no. ... and thinks I'm crazy. Although sometimes they do remember if I bring it to their attention, and then I can get it straightened out and I feel much better.

If I had to live with that, I would be paranoid thinking every single conversation is being recorded and never knowing when something I did or said would be brought up, years into the future.

Yeah, I do that, too. :/ But even though I won't forget anything, I usually use a rule that I should let go of anything someone said/did before one year ago. Because they might have changed or been sorry about it if I brought it up. Unless I think they haven't changed for the better at all. Then anything they've said/done is fair game. :/

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For me, I don't mean an argument so much as a misunderstanding, where there is some communication glitch and you don't feel like you understood them completely and viceversa.

Although occasionally I bring things up like, for a long time I couldn't reach my mother by email except without prodding, and she would tell me she didn't have time to write because she was so busy reading my cousin Bobbie's emails. So at some point down the road, she asked why I didn't write more, and I said Oh, are you finished with Bobbie now? or some meowey such thing, and my mother paused a minute and said, "I haven't talked to Bobbie in two years." And I was like, So? Two minutes, two days, two years, it's all the same to me.