User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs are...

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

54 65.06%
  • okay I guess...whats so special about them...?

29 34.94%
First 101819202122 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I haven't even noticed anything recently. I'm actually talking about the past 5 years or so.

I joined in 2009. I don't recall any pedestal.

Weird.

I honestly do recall it. I joined in 2008. INFPs were considered fragile creatures, useless and too sensitive to discuss anything with. The rants that some members, those that even claimed to be experts or at least serious hobbyists of MBTI went on, were nothing short of scathing. And it wasn't contained to a simple thread or 2 - it was just...part of the culture.

INFJs, otoh, were honorary NTs and therefore very much approved of by the overwhelming NTP membership. It was a result of how TypologyCentral started.

Over the years, it's evened out, for sure, until recently it escalated on the INFJ front. Just like the SJ-hate used to be really common around here, and has evened out over the years, to now be actively included in the community.

Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

I haven't even noticed anything recently. I'm actually talking about the past 5 years or so.

I joined in 2009. I don't recall any pedestal.

Weird.
    There was more of a pedestal in 2007 and 2008, the very beginning. They were much more glorified. But I do remember a feisty enfj hate thread in I think 2008-2009, so yeah, enfj's were much more hated and infj got the free pass. I haven't paid attention to trends in recent years so haven't personally noticed the intj hate (I too recall more frequent entp threads, and a fair amount of bickering between intj's and intp's). But yeah in recent years I have noticed more antipathy towards infj's.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes Cassandra, Z Buck McFate liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Recently? Absolutely. But over the years, it was in fact INFJS that got 'pedestalled' the most. Especially in the beginning, as there was a lot of NTPs here that loved that type, back when. INFPs, in contrast, were the ones that got the most bitching, in the beginning due to Fi being considered the 'whiny and useless' function.
    Hey, for the record I never said Fi was useless
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Hey, for the record I never said Fi was useless
    No, you enjoy bickering with Fi too much to consider it useless

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

No, you enjoy bickering with Fi too much to consider it useless
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

I honestly do recall it. I joined in 2008. INFPs were considered fragile creatures, useless and too sensitive to discuss anything with. The rants that some members, those that even claimed to be experts or at least serious hobbyists of MBTI went on, were nothing short of scathing. And it wasn't contained to a simple thread or 2 - it was just...part of the culture.

INFJs, otoh, were honorary NTs and therefore very much approved mistakenly tolerated by the overwhelming NTP membership. It was a result of how TypologyCentral started.

Over the years, it's evened out, for sure, until recently it escalated on the INFJ front. Just like the SJ-hate used to be really common around here, and has evened out over the years, to now be actively included in the community.
    fyp
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    IN?J
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI None

Detecting even the smallest changes in someone's mood, attitude, etc... that powerful ability of yours INFJs, don't use it on me. Feeling vulnerable whenever I'm around you guys is exhausting.
    Not a man yet, but no more a mouse.
    Likes Starheadowl liked this post

lol right now there is like virtually no hate for ENFJs, some dislike for ESFJ's. More dislike for INFJ's and probably a slight dislike for NTP's.

Other than that everyone else seems to be okay (except in the relationship section with NP's and some SJ's)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't agree with this. (Not the part about INFJs being sensitive to criticism, because that's absolutely true, but the other part.) I do think- in an objectively quantifiable way- INFJs have gotten the worst of all the NFs. Just like it seems INTJs get the worst bashing of the NTs, though I could be wrong. I mean, if anyone can point me in the direction of hundred page threads (plural) bashing any other NF type that I haven't seen, my opinion is open to change.

It's not like I want to make a big thing about this, but I am curious what moderators thing (since they have to pay attention when things get rocky). @fidelia, @highlander, and anyone else who happens to see this (I don't care enough to look up spelling of usernames): does it seem like INFJs historically in this forum get bashed the most out of the NFs?

eta:

I was being facetious. Not in an antagonistic way, but in a "we are a bunch of monkeys on a big rock flying through space, taking the internet too seriously" kind of way.
    There was a similar threat about INFPs. I moved it to the dumpster.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by YUI View Post
    Two comments:

1) In all fairness, the reason that "hate INFJ" threads are so long and involved is because INFJs crowd on into them and dispute every word. It's INFJs that make those threads long. By contrast, "hate INFP" are short because INFPs don't give a crap and often agree with whatever complaints people make against them. INFPs are into the whiny martyr thing, so INFPs kind of like and agree with INFP put-downs. [I say that as an INFP myself.]

Conclusion: "Hate INFJ" threads would be a hell of a lot shorter if INFJs would just lighten up and shrug off the criticisms, instead of trying to "lawyer" everyone to death over every criticism made.

2) The very traits that sometimes *can* make INFJs a pain in the butt interpersonally often make them absolutely fabulous professionally. I had an INFJ lawyer in my hostile divorce from a narcissistic hoarder, and he was splendid. Cool and calm under fire, unruffled by anything, but always working for my advantage. I paid top dollar for him, but he was worth every penny. And I've had excellent INFJ bosses and subordinates.

Conclusion: INFJs can't please everyone; there are always going to be some people who are rubbed the wrong way by INFJs and their typical traits. But INFJs are still fabulous people in terms of the big picture. Furthermore, this assessment is reflected in the poll numbers at the top of the thread. So again, INFJs need to try and pry that big stick out of their ass occasionally and recognize that they've already got the world by the balls. They need to lighten up and understand that no personality type is able to universally please all other personality types, and arguing that everyone should be pleased with you isn't going to increase people's love for you in any case. [By the way, I voted "Awesome" in the poll.]
    Indeed.

Several of these threads were made by INFJs themselves, and probably wouldn't have originated otherwise. Very much in the vein of this one, actually.

So like all good self-fulfilling prophecies, hearing negative experiences is what happens (imagine that) *eye roll*. Other types see threads like this as an opening for individual honesty when it's actually a trap, but you don't realize that until your leg is hooked and you try to escape but there's blood all over the place by the time you break free (if you do).

I see the core issue as INFPs don't take general comments personally, yet INFJs do. INFPs have an inner wiring that says individual experiences vary, and vary widely. INFP tendency however is to take personal comments and generalize. INFJs rarely do this.

Said another way -- INFPs can take personal criticsm and make it general (as in, "You criticised my report, therefore I'm a massive failure at being a human being") and INFJs the opposite (as in, "You criticised my population and therefore you see me as a failure on an individual level.)

Both tendencies are bollocks, but oh how each type loves to cling to them.

And yes, INFJs were exalted here for the first two-ish years of my membership. Could say or do no wrong. Like Lark loving on fidelia kind of worship. 'Cause people knew what side of the bread their butter was on. Sheesh. Why mess that up? No one wants an INFJ on their bad side. People aren't stupid. And INFJs never forget.

I mean, the last threads I participated in where INFP / INFJ conflicts were directly working through stuff was started over 4 YEARS AGO.

FOUR YEARS. Talk about not forgetting. INFPs, what do INFJs do that drives you nuts?

And yes, I've been personally involved in other threads since then, but when I go back in time, the bulk were THREE years ago. Like for fucking ever ago -- such a long time to hold on to a persecution complex.

But again, the whole "tell us what you really think about us" threads are a giant INFJ trap, because they really don't want to know, and you know, if INFJs don't want to know, they really shouldn't ask.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching