User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs are...

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

54 65.06%
  • okay I guess...whats so special about them...?

29 34.94%
First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I'm liking you all DDDDD
    Likes Forever liked this post

Well...my mother has called me arrogant, selfish, cold, unfriendly, prideful, etc...but that is really just because she doesn't understand my need to NOT talk many times. She says that I come across as rude and condescending, but I am truly not trying to be that way...I just don't want to do all the idle chit chat, how's the weather BS, especially if I do not know the person that well.

Enneagram
    N/A

Hmm, I think that the condescending INFJs (the more blatant ones) are the 4w5s. Once you get to know them, you'll realize that they truly do not value others ...yet they talk to you anyway instead of going full-on snob and ignoring you. They approach you with the air of knowing they are better (however they define it).

That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. They talk to me even as they know/think I am beneath them. I think that's rude. Well, I guess I understand why they talk to me. They literally forced to talk to people who are less than them because no one is better than them... so they'd be lonely if they ignored everyone. I wish they would ignore me because I hate that they think they are better than me (which is fine because there are skills they have that I don't have such not being so absent-minded, but what really grates me is that they devalue the aspects that I am good at just so they remain superior).

And this is NOT because they are introverted/don't talk a lot/keep to themselves. That's more an INFP thing (or simply an introvert thing mostly). INFJs truly will tell you to your face that they realize that they are better than everyone (including their closest friends) and tell you that they don't think that your perspective matters to them. And then they'll go on a rant about their perspective because it is "oh so important and it should matter to everyone but it doesn't".

I don't want to change them (because you legitimately cannot ...they will die being superior and even after death they will be superior still), but I at least hope that they can be sympathetic/understanding to the fact that it doesn't feel good to be with someone who thinks they are better than them. As long as they understand that ...that's fine. I can tolerate it.

Interestingly, 4w3 INFJs are not as bad since they seek external validation on some level. But with a 4w5, they totally make you feel like the only reason why they are friends with you is for a really shitty reason, whatever that reason may be.
    Likes N/A liked this post

I happen to be a 9w1 INFJ. The labels that she puts on me stem from me not fitting in to what she would like me to fit into I think. I definitely don't see myself as better than others. And I truly don't try to be rude or condescending. I am quiet and reserved though. And I do need more time than typical to recharge, especially if I'm stressed, tired, or have been in overly social environments. I'm a preschool teacher, so I literally talk all day long, and sometimes just don't want to talk. I am actually pretty close to the middle of INFJ/INTJ though, so maybe I do unintentionally coming across as that way. :/

MBTI
    INTP

The worst thing I can say about INFJs is that their appeal has diminishing returns. They really lead with their best foot, so the more you get to know them, the more their projected facade- and worse, their projected depth, becomes more and more transparent. So the less interesting they become, the less trustworthy and valuable your relationship with them becomes, and so on and so on.

It's a pleasant and entertaining fakeness initially, but they really are "as fake as plastic dogshit" as an INTJ friend of mine with INFJ room mates puts it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    LOL. Like I know any INFJs well enough to hate them.

Actually, I don't believe I hate anyone.
    Well sure, but the people you DID hate have a way of dissapearing, don't they.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Infjs are fine. I mean don't take me wrong they tend to be over-caring dorks but hey. That's what hair ruffling is for.

Cat ladies are more concerning @Amargith
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Deleted Account

Here's a bad experience with an INFJ, since this is a hate thread:
    INFJ: You aren't an ENFP because you seem really judging to me.
    Me: Judging isn't a function, could you elaborate?
    INFJ: What do you mean functions? You are just more J than P.
    Me: Yeah but that's not how it works.
    INFJ: But I'm an ENFP and you are nothing like me so you can't be an ENFP.
    Me: That's also not how it fucking works.
    INFJ: See? That's your problem. You can never accept being wrong. Just admit you're an ENFJ.

The few people I know irl who know anything about MBTI constantly try to mistype me and other people because they follow that dumb fucking chart thing-y with the E vs I, N vs S, T vs F, P vs J bastardization and it pisses me off so much. "But you're social and really friendly so you have to be an ExFJ." Fuck you and fuck Fe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasmsunshine View Post
    Here's a bad experience with an INFJ, since this is a hate thread:
    INFJ: You aren't an ENFP because you seem really judging to me.
    Me: Judging isn't a function, could you elaborate?
    INFJ: What do you mean functions? You are just more J than P.
    Me: Yeah but that's not how it works.
    INFJ: But I'm an ENFP and you are nothing like me so you can't be an ENFP.
    Me: That's also not how it fucking works.
    INFJ: See? That's your problem. You can never accept being wrong. Just admit you're an ENFJ.

The few people I know irl who know anything about MBTI constantly try to mistype me and other people because they follow that dumb fucking chart thing-y with the E vs I, N vs S, T vs F, P vs J bastardization and it pisses me off so much. "But you're social and really friendly so you have to be an ExFJ." Fuck you and fuck Fe.
    That dumb chart is how mbti works - though lf course it's a self assessment. Except if you have a specific dumb information chart in mind.

... In theory.

Deleted Account

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That dumb chart is how mbti works - though lf course it's a self assessment. Except if you have a specific dumb information chart in mind.
    I'm talking about this shit:

Because that isn't how MBTI types work.