• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi way of bonding

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maybe like Robin Williams? :yes:

though I actually think he's ESFJ. :yim_rolling_on_the_

why do you think he's not sx? you think he's so/ sx? i could see that but i think he's totally an enfp tho.

Chloe

why do you think he's not sx? you think he's so/ sx? i could see that but i think he's totally an enfp tho.

he seems so first, but i dont know enough about him or instincts. though i think he's enneagram 7 and esfj..
i tried to read his interview to see how he's thinking, didnt run into typical NF stuff. :huh: and Jack Flak said he's ESFJ, though mister Jack is often wrong, it made sense to me.:shock:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm....you don't see ne hailstorms and tornados when he talks? he's like a lil mad person...he has this insanity that reminds me of my enfp dad kind of...but then again my dad also reminds me of jack nicholson which is also likely entj or estp or something not at all enfp like...hmm...my theories on this whole thing are shit...nevermind...carry on. :)

Chloe

hmm....you don't see ne hailstorms and tornados when he talks? he's like a lil mad person...he has this insanity that reminds me of my enfp dad kind of...but then again my dad also reminds me of jack nicholson which is also likely entj or estp or something not at all enfp like...hmm...my theories on this whole thing are shit...nevermind...carry on. :)

dont you think enneagram 7 if not enfp can be that way. ESFJs can be enneagram 7. I dont see him as idealist. But as I said, i have no clue about him... i am just entertaining the idea of him being esfj.
I'd really like to know that. ... but interviews with him seem to go deep very rarely.

I hope somebody will save this thread hahaha

edit: but you said good point; i dont understand what's the difference between sx and fi, and how does non-sx fi look like.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you know...wait are you a 7? you're not are you...yeah...um...you're not likely to get me going deep in an interview either....unless you're really good and can somehow make me forget it's not just the two of us....7's can be sooo uncomfortable being vulnerable that it's like a juggling act of distraction...you have to some how firmly throw our lil balls across the room for us to just stop and get real with you...if it's hard stuff...and we don't know you well.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wait...did that make sense? i guess it did...

Affably Evil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Haha, yes, thats classic ENFP thing: share part of you to get other person share his secrets. :huh: But it's inocent manipulation, more like bonding, but yes, I admit, I [used to] do it as manipulation too, more uncosciously, or automatically.

The reason we're still friends is that I'm very well aware that it's with good intentions when she does it, however annoying it is at the time.

Then again, I experience the sx/sp pull-push a lot: if it's somebody I'm already very emotionally intimate with, I hunger for their insights. Banal conversation becomes the surface ritual to get a handle on where somebody is emotionally/subtextually.

Though I should note I'm more drawn to people who can fire up my imagination via revelation in the first place. :blush:

Chloe

you know...wait are you a 7? you're not are you...yeah...um...you're not likely to get me going deep in an interview either....unless you're really good and can somehow make me forget it's not just the two of us....7's can be sooo uncomfortable being vulnerable that it's like a juggling act of distraction...you have to some how firmly throw our lil balls across the room for us to just stop and get real with you...if it's hard stuff...and we don't know you well.

I am 3, and its not easy for 3 to be deep too, but I think that if you were a public person you'd probably use publicity, interviews, to say some opinion about world problems. I didnt see that in his interviews. i noticed Ns constantly complain in interviews, share their views... he doesnt . i am talking about written stuff.
i should probably read/watch more of his interviews.
I didnt mean deep about his own problems... more you know - idealistic

But he was addict and all that so yeah, i can imagine he only goofs around.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...now i might have to watch some interviews.

Chloe

actually, just thinking about this.. as he was cocaine addict etc... and pretty unhealthy.. it'd make sense that he's in as an ESFJ in Fe-Ne loop :)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
superglue.jpg

Once we bond with you, it will take a lot to shake us off :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
:yes: This is what I meant, I found NTPs to be bored by Fi talk. I mean it's logical, I am bored with Ti talk too, sometimes. I didnt say they dont want intimacy

Fi talk is like the ultimate challenge for my Ti, and i like this kind of challenges. I like trying to make logical sense of why Fi made this decision or opinion. Before you say that Fi doesent make decisions based on logic, it does most the time(if not always), but you just dont know it

Chloe

Before you say that Fi doesent make decisions based on logic, it does most the time(if not always), but you just dont know it

No, I wouldnt say it. I agree Fi is also logical, just you NTs sometimes dont see it. :newwink:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I guess if "logically" means "according to personal feelings", then sure, Fi is super logical.

wolfy

awsm
Do you also have thing for bonding that when you talk to someone you cant wait to "cut straight to the juicy part" and get deep very soon? And feel that your conversation really only has meaning if you eventually get to that part? it doesnt only have to be verbally, it can be mutual understanding without stating everything loud.

You mean deep as in let's get to know each others inner thoughts and feelings? No, not really. I just want to slowly get to know people by doing stuff.

Which types respond the best to this ? Which te worst? Did you notice anything?

Not really, I don't know...

I think TPs can often respond bad to this? Like... simply dont understand the need for this?
I mean, less understand than Fi's...

I don't see the need either. And when it is brought up makes me reconsider Fi. I can't think of much I'd rather not do than sit and have someone drill me on my inner feelings. That is just me.

The best I can explain the feeling of bonding is when there some back and forth engagement. The key word is engaged, doesn't need to be deep though.

What does deep mean anyway? Can you explain further. Are we having a deep conversation now? It feels kind of deep.

Chloe

I don't see the need either. And when it is brought up makes me reconsider Fi. I can't think of much I'd rather not do than sit and have someone drill me on my inner feelings. That is just me.

well they all said in this thread that it has more to do with being SX in enneagram and not Fi, so maybe you're not sx dom?

What does deep mean anyway? Can you explain further. Are we having a deep conversation now? It feels kind of deep.

No, we are not :) Hm.. now thinking about it it means to me that I get to know who you REALLY are. And the feel for who you really are is if I know your deeper feelings and/or motivations. :shock:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just want to slowly get to know people by doing stuff.

Nicely put, take out "slowly" and that fits my style too actually.

Halla said:
"I just want to slowly get to know people by doing stuff."

Not that taking things slow is bad, I'm just a 125 MPH sitting still kind of person. :laugh:

True. I don't like being drilled on that either. It's nice if you are in a conversation that allows you to drop that kind of info when you feel the need to do so. Maybe "sincerity" is what this about, and not "deepness?"

The best I can explain the feeling of bonding is when there some back and forth engagement. The key word is engaged, doesn't need to be deep though.

Nice. The engaged part is key. The level of depth appropriate for the topic will just happen if both parties are engaged and sincere, right? :thinking:

Damn good question.
Looking forward to the answer...

wolfy

awsm
well they all said in this thread that it has more to do with being SX in enneagram and not Fi, so maybe you're not sx dom?

I am sp dom.

No, we are not :) Hm.. now thinking about it it means to me that I get to know who you REALLY are. And the feel for who you really are is if I know your deeper feelings and/or motivations. :shock:

This is about as deep as it gets with me. It is interesting how some people want to dig deeper. I can never understand what people mean by what you really are.

I am curious though. Ask me a deep question and I will tell you if it is annoying or not.