• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFPs: What do you admire about ISFJs?

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
They are not afraid to take me aside and tell me when I'm being "too dreamy." And sometimes I believe them. :)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
it was discovered in previous conversations that several of us INFP's have ISFJ's moms.

They are very practical, attend to details that we might ignore, forget, skip over etc, both are usually quiet but nurturing. They ground us, or better connect with us with "normal [social] reality"

Those are just the oens that first came to mind.

OA, wanna add in here?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm NFP and I've found an absurd number of them attractive. Like when people are like "I've never met an ISFJ male" I'm all like :shock:, I've dated two of them, and liked at least two others besides those two.

I'm also a big fan of my ISFJ sister.

Since this is the "what do you admire..." thread, I'll keep what I don't like about them to myself. I've already over-stepped my bounds by responding in an INFP thread when I have xNFP listed as my type. ;)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm NFP and I've found an absurd number of them attractive. Like when people are like "I've never met an ISFJ male" I'm all like :shock:, I've dated two of them, and liked at least two others besides those two.

I'm also a big fan of my ISFJ sister.

Since this is the "what do you admire..." thread, I'll keep what I don't like about them to myself. I've already over-stepped my bounds by responding in an INFP thread when I have xNFP listed as my type. ;)

Did you list any specific things about ISFJ's here?

I'm sure that, in general, an ENFP view would be welcome. While its not stated here, there are other threads elsewhere here on TypC started by Afkan about how one type sees another, and thats "its for research" is pointed out in at least one of those threads. I'm sure Afkan can choose to simply ignore your input if this is meant strictly for INFPs.

Do we get reimbursed for our expenses, you know time and travel costs and stuff? :newwink:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Did you list any specific things about ISFJ's here?

they're somewhat nurturing - my sister in particular is very nurturing, they generally tend to pay lots of attention to me, um..they're often clean, more organized than me, they can sometimes be more sensible than I am, the guys I dated did what boys are "supposed to do" i.e. open doors, buy me dinner, bring me flowers, etc. and even stuff they aren't expected to do...like helping me clean my apartment, one even let me borrow his truck without me even having to ask...um, generally they're easy to talk to and I like being around them...I need a sense of grounding, and they can totally do that at times without being too harsh (though I'm gonna have to say they aren't as "nice" all the time as they're stereotyped to be, they're still human)...

I'm sure that, in general, an ENFP view would be welcome. While its not stated here, there are other threads elsewhere here on TypC started by Afkan about how one type sees another, and thats "its for research" is pointed out in at least one of those threads. I'm sure Afkan can choose to simply ignore your input if this is meant strictly for INFPs.

Yeah, well, I claim INFP function order despite the obnoxious forcefulness of my personality. So there.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I only know one ISFJ (they're hard to spot), she has a very accepting personality. She was 'the' goth chick in middle school. Spite her "extreme" appearance, she was and still is very easy to get a long with. We still talk every now and then today, but only over the internet.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know one. He's very sweet. He looks all big and tough, but he's such a teddy bear. :wubbie:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
it was discovered in previous conversations that several of us INFP's have ISFJ's moms.

They are very practical, attend to details that we might ignore, forget, skip over etc, both are usually quiet but nurturing. They ground us, or better connect with us with "normal [social] reality"

Those are just the oens that first came to mind.

OA, wanna add in here?
I've got a ISFJ Mum too and I agree with the above.

I will add: very understanding and accepting of INFP needs/behaviours, enjoy thought provoking discussions about books/art/movies etc (a big plus), are very thoughtful about finding and doing things that might help or interest you, have very strong values (in my mum's case, even more than this INFP)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
my isfj friend let me crash on her couch guilt-free, offered me lots of compliments/uplifts my self-esteem/spirit without me asking, she just sensed it, she's very caring and generous and giving, cooks great food, is so funny and we are both quirky

she can be ... morally self-righteous at times

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
The males are very stylish and well groomed. I also have a thing for stubbornness (although they generally take it too far).

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Also, I wanted to add that ... INFPs and ISFJs may appear similar, share similar temperaments and jokes/interests but ... fundamentally we are extremely, extremely different. My ISFJ friend and I get along so well, like kindred spirits, until our strong values/opinions clash, then we disagree/fight viciously.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Also, I wanted to add that ... INFPs and ISFJs may appear similar, share similar temperaments and jokes/interests but ... fundamentally we are extremely, extremely different. My ISFJ friend and I get along so well, like kindred spirits, until our strong values/opinions clash, then we disagree/fight viciously.
I agree. :yes:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they're somewhat nurturing - my sister in particular is very nurturing, they generally tend to pay lots of attention to me, um..they're often clean, more organized than me, they can sometimes be more sensible than I am, the guys I dated did what boys are "supposed to do" i.e. open doors, buy me dinner, bring me flowers, etc. and even stuff they aren't expected to do...like helping me clean my apartment, one even let me borrow his truck without me even having to ask...um, generally they're easy to talk to and I like being around them...I need a sense of grounding, and they can totally do that at times without being too harsh (though I'm gonna have to say they aren't as "nice" all the time as they're stereotyped to be, they're still human)...

This. We are still guys, after all, and prone to be being aggressive like any other guy. My friends always get a little stunned whenever I drop an 'F' bomb. They're like, "Dude...you cussed! I've never heard you swear!" and I'm always like, "Really? I swear all the time. You clearly don't hang around me very much."

This of course only spurs me though to watch my language when out and about in public :blush:

Also, if you cross me in someway that violates a principal or something that consider I very important, then I can get really nasty at the drop of a hat. Honestly, while I like that we're so often thought of as being really nice people, the stereotype can get on my nerves sometimes. I've said this before, but while ISFJs are good people, we're hardly angels.

All of that being said, I like this thread :wubbie: You NFPs are sweeties :hug:

Yeah, well, I claim INFP function order despite the obnoxious forcefulness of my personality. So there.

Your 'obnoxious forcefulness' is one of the things I really like about you though! ;) :wubbie:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nurturing, self-sacrificing, loyal, supportive, protective, detailed in a way that astounds me - I wouldn't think of half of what they think of sometimes. They're very intune with what is necessary and appropriate for everyday life; I can be very much the "absent-minded professor", so I admire that.

They have a lot of ideas that are realistic, relative to the life they currently have. That's interesting to me - I'm living another life in my head. I'm sure they fantasize too, but they seem to spend a lot of time reviewing the past, and they seem to accumulate this wealth of info and experience that they utilize in the present. I'm sort of stabbing in the dark and experimenting with new things so much that I feel totally unproductive by comparison. So I admire their industriousness and ability to get a lot done in relatively short amounts of time.

They have guts too....they will sacrifice a lot and take a lot, but not when it's concerning people they care about. They can also be very book smart. Si seems to thrive on processing info & experience its taken in, forming its unique perceptions, and ones who have well-developed Fe can be extremely insightful into people and life.

I could go on.......I have a lot of admiration for ISFJs because my mother is one and has been an overall very good mom, and most I meet are genuinely warm & nice people. There are certainly negative sides & not so nice aspects, but this is an admiration thread....

Afkan

I'd LOVE to hear any and all opinions you have. In fact, I think its a frickin FAB idea to share what you like "less" abt them too.... These threads were started in the name of science (just kidding, Socionics, a far cry from science, instead) - according to Socionics, ENFPs are admired by ISFJs, and ISFJs are admired by INFPs.... to use the term "admire" **very** loosely.
***See socionics.com - relations- for more info.
I only know one ISFJ (they're hard to spot), she has a very accepting personality. She was 'the' goth chick in middle school. Spite her "extreme" appearance, she was and still is very easy to get a long with. We still talk every now and then today, but only over the internet.
Wow this amazes me...ISFJs are so prevalent. They seem awful easy to type...but just my opinion. ISFJ---a goth chick? I mean, not saying its *impossible* but prolly rather unlikely. Albeit fascinating. Do you know if she donns goth style to this day?

Afkan

I could go on.......I have a lot of admiration for ISFJs because my mother is one and has been an overall very good mom, and most I meet are genuinely warm & nice people. There are certainly negative sides & not so nice aspects, but this is an admiration thread....
Eh, short of type bashing, spill the beans. If you want. :)