• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Different type results based on mood?

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
@Moonstone3 - Are there any tests in particular you'd recommend?

@Tiltyred - I can try to dig up some descriptions for you, but I think that INFJs are the type-most-likely-to-have-ESP, and accurate what others are feeling, which I think is related to what you're describing. Also - I was always very naturally artistically creative... it was such an automatic process for me, like breathing.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Depending on my mood I can test as an INFP, but that makes perfect sense to me.

:)

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Love the name SillySapienne! Why does it make perfect sense to test as INFP? You're more introverted at times?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you! :)

Um, no, well, yes, I can be incredibly introverted, or better yet, reclusive.

This can be due to the fact that I am a 4w5.

Anyhow, I am an extrovert inside and outside MBTI definitions, but the reason why I will sometimes test as INFP is that I have incredibly high Fi.

I dunno.

:/

cfs1992

It happens to me too. When I'm down I often test INFP, but when I'm "normal" I test, since I was 14, as INFJ...

(It made me confused about my type for a while, but now I'm not...)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ That makes less sense due to the antithetical functional structures of INFJs and INFPs.

Ni>Fe>Ti>Se vs Fi>Ne>Si>Te

cfs1992

^ That makes less sense due to the antithetical functional structures of INFJs and INFPs.

Ni>Fe>Ti>Se vs Fi>Ne>Si>Te

Yes, It's really strange. But I think it's more because the tests I took was letter based, not function based. When I'm depressed, I act more P-ish... But in function based tests, my Ni is very high... and appears like this:
Ni> Fe=Fi=Ti> Si=Ne> Se=Te
Very balanced functions, IMO. And because of this the confusion.:blush:

Last edited:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ Ah, I got you.

When my brain starts working I'll come back and share my functional line up, if you will. :)

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
It happens to me too. When I'm down I often test INFP, but when I'm "normal" I test, since I was 14, as INFJ...

(It made me confused about my type for a while, but now I'm not...)

Very interesting - exactly the same as me.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Yes. Sometimes I score more T and when I do I mainly get ENTP, ESTP or INTP. It really has to do with hormones. Actually, I rarely get any F results. :D

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
What is the cognitive processes test (I'm new to all this). Can you direct me to some tests/links?

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
^Interesting, they tell you to shelves your beliefs about MBTI as you begin!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISFP, or ENFP

ETA: I've been thinking a lot about this and I think I assumed an overlay in high school of certain values and behaviors because of the strong influence of a couple of teachers who were my close friends. And that carried into adulthood. But I was watching Blackcat's video on youtube and he says flat out, for example, that he doesn't care about politics. Well, the truth is, I don't care about politics, either, but saying that would have gotten me into huge trouble for a good bit of my life, and I feel like I should care. So I do minimal compliance with my political duties as a citizen and I try to keep up, but honestly, if I'm being dead honest about how I feel, I have zero interest.

I also don't care about leading or following anybody else, either, to an extreme extent, to an unusual extent.

Is the Socionics ISFP the same as the Myers-Briggs ISFP?

cfs1992

^Interesting, they tell you to shelves your beliefs about MBTI as you begin!

Yes. And is that what I approve about this, because it's not about dichotomies, as common MBTI tests are, which can vary depending of your mood (in some people). I find the cognitive processes test far more reliable because of this aspect.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I seem to cycle between the 4 MBTI IN.. types. INTP fits best overall. I don't think its mood related.

Neuroticism scores on big five tests do vary somewhat according to mood. The better mood I'm in, the lower the neuroticism score tends to be.

G

garbage

I agree. Context is huge. For example, are you at work? Or is this a day off? Maybe you're incredibly structured at work, and very spontaneous on your days off. Is that an unlikely scenario, do you think?

exactly

If people have a "one-size-fits-all" mentality, they're not going to get very far in the domains in which that one mentality actually doesn't work.

There's a time and a place to be flexible, planned, meticulous, or whatever the traits of each of the archetypes are.

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess there are some things that come naturally and other things we must develop. My years surrounded by engineers and people who yelled at me for making mistakes developed any detail-orientedness/meticulousness I have with regard to work. I would NOT proofread that much left to my own devices.

But other things (writing, my addiction to novels, quiet time, creativity, and even "organizing my external world") all are very natural, like drinking what when you're thirsty. Maybe I'm making an extraordinarily obvious point with the former being sharpened secondary tendencies and the latter being the stronger ones that you don't have to work to develop... maybe it is that simple? Eh, I'm not going to feel bad about it; I'm new to MBTI :)