• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Care and feeding of an INFJ

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Whatusername:

Apparently you write couplets too! I see them everywhere after reading _A Suitable Boy_ (a ponderous novel)

I do? I do! I plan to write a mean collection of limericks from my couplets. :D

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Just re-visiting this thread, and something else occurred to me. So much of being happy / keeping yourself from being burned out has to do with the types of personal relationships and community you partake in. INFJs, any takes on that? What types of communities are you part of? Do they keep you from burnout, do you think? Why is that? Do you withdraw from them during stressful times? Or draw on them for support?

MinervaSSS

MBTI Type
INFJ
That's hilarious because I often will 'dread' socializing, as I see it as a drain of my time, energy and resources, but often I enjoy the get together. I don't enjoy 'regular' obligatory get togethers or regularly scheduled soclialization...it feels forced and tiresome. Instead I will enjoy randomly scheduled social events, but definitely, you MUST schedule with me in advance so i can anticipate the outing...otherwise, a last minute thing will create unwanted stress and I won't feel like complying to this invitation. Of course, the person I comply to most often is my ENTP boyfriend who is by nature quite impulsive. But for other friends, I tolerate it a lot less and request they schedule with me in advance. I will often 'bail' if I'm not feeling up to it. Annoying, but hey, that's how I roll ;)

Love that I'm in the company of fellow readers/writers. Btw, if you have a blog and want another reader/commenter -- I'm in :)

@SilkRoad - This makes so much sense to me. I like reading books with a lot of emotions on the page (like Obama's autobiographical books) because it means not having to play out my own. Maybe... an art gallery sounds fantastic right now.

@whatusername - What do you write? Journals, fiction, blog?

Everyone -- how can you tell when you're burnt out? How do you prevent it?

Me: I switch from dressing 'nice' to dressing 'down'. The old jeans, flip-flops will all come out. I don't want to work as many hours. I start going for extremely long runs. I keep my schedule very light, even when it comes to fun things. I have a feeling I'll cancel social engagement, or at least I dread them (they often turn out to be fun).

Let's go!

MinervaSSS

MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION] - LOLOL. This is hilarous...my ENTP b/f probably shares the exact same thoughts as you on our appetites for...drama? Irrational flights of fancy? Emotional involvement? Trust me, it's a common thing.

BTW, just wanted to share that I 'ended up' working as an admin role in a financial company...even though I hate the 'rational' or 'logical' aspects of math...I am presently helping the Controller with end of year tax files...that is the LAST thing I thought I would be doing, lololol. And I'm doing it quite well, so my surprise. I have a pretty useless degree in fine art History and Studio from university, and really, it's quite useless as far as the job market, but I sure enjoyed taking it in school. I was a straight A student, with a few B's and A+'s so basically an artsy nerd! I still draw in my free time...At the moment, I'm kinda considering selling clothing on eBay, but I haven't started that yet. but I digress.

Good to hear of some global parallels out there with INFJs/ENTPs.

Feeding the predator [the uncut view on things by an entp]

Dear diary,

today my infj has come up with a new idea. Now she doesnt want to study medicine, tho she already applied for it and we went thru all the paperwork, today she wants to go into economics and tho I didnt tell her that involves a lot of math what she doesnt like, she nevertheless got pissed at me about something else ( this time it was the way I hang the towel in the bathroom ).

In the morning she was all happy and totally driving me crazy with her excitement and after midday she was deep-down depressed. She decided that she wants to go on a roadtrip this evening, tho we are totally broke atm and since we just were in a climbing course last weekend I thought to maybe point that out, what ended in more troubles. :)

I then cooked for her and she was happy again.

Later on she told me about a problem her best friend had, she was deeply involved in the feelings ( of another person ) and with me being a kinda reactive person, it dragged my own mood down thru the floor. Glad we already talked about that and she knows when it happens.

Dear diary,

feeding the irrational mood swings, ideas and feelings about life of my infj sometimes is like:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ94JSw2_-c&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

but does not feeding it really make up for not sharing this passionate, affectionate and insightful life of living, the onness I have with this person ?

Hell no !! :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION] - LOLOL. This is hilarous...my ENTP b/f probably shares the exact same thoughts as you on our appetites for...drama? Irrational flights of fancy? Emotional involvement? Trust me, it's a common thing.

BTW, just wanted to share that I 'ended up' working as an admin role in a financial company...even though I hate the 'rational' or 'logical' aspects of math...I am presently helping the Controller with end of year tax files...that is the LAST thing I thought I would be doing, lololol. And I'm doing it quite well, so my surprise. I have a pretty useless degree in fine art History and Studio from university, and really, it's quite useless as far as the job market, but I sure enjoyed taking it in school. I was a straight A student, with a few B's and A+'s so basically an artsy nerd! I still draw in my free time...At the moment, I'm kinda considering selling clothing on eBay, but I haven't started that yet. but I digress.

Good to hear of some global parallels out there with INFJs/ENTPs.

Well it ended in a breakup after ten years. Should have known earlier that damn good sex cant be the excuse for everything