• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's: Competitive people/jealousy...

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Boys have plenty of undesirable personality traits too. Why does it always turn into female self-hate when we have unpleasant interactions with other females? I don't get that.
It's like most females have such a nasty perception of what it means to be female they think every undesirable trait is their feminine reflection and despise being a girl. That's patriarchy at work.

Sorry... :blush: That wasn't intended to sound hateful or spark controversy...

aw, no worries, i've experienced jealous guys too. it's never pretty.

actually, i think this is where it would be most effective for your best friend to step in and draw some lines. because it's him she's so concerned about losing - even if you tried to talk to her, and reassure her that you have no bad intentions, she might still worry about him "falling prey" to you. he needs to be the one reassuring her that her status as his girlfriend is secure regardless of others outside their relationship - not to mention that it's not her place to block others off from him. it's completely a matter of her trusting him - it shouldn't have anything to do with you, and you shouldn't have to deal with it.

Ah, thanks. :) But, he's done everything possible. He's reassured her billions of times that he wouldn't leave her for me or any other girl. Just trust issues, I guess...

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Meh,when it comes to actively competitive people, who need to be the best at everything, it's a big turnoff to me. I suppose with my areas of interests, I kind of want to be really good, in some cases the best, but it doesn't get to the point of pushing other people down. I more internalize on these thoughts and am not comfortable with letting the world see them.

I don't want to keep people like that close because in my experience, they aren't very supportive. Because of the 4 I have in my tritype, if it be a wing or a fix (I debate over if it's both or just one but I'm sure I have it) I am more than accustomed to envy when I think someone wants to steal my niche but it more stems from insecurity. I find it abhorrent when people can't focus on what they do have, only what they don't, and can't let other people be happy or have a moment in the spotlight. The world does not revolve around them. I don't much like the spotlight and clash with people like this.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I struggle with people like that. Especially those who care little for how others feel around them and keep on gabbing about themselves.
I usually try to avoid them as much as possible.
But it's good to notice when someone I thought i knew does the jealousy thing instead of being genuinely happy for me: I write them off as selfish pricks and keep my distance. Someone like that cannot be called a friend of mine. So, there you have it.