• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ's - What is your job?

ASublett

MBTI Type
INFJ
I currently work in Equal Employment Opportunity and I hate it. My last day is Thursday, thank God. I'm hoping to find more success in something else. What do you do for a living?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Props for leaving a job you're not passionate about. What field do you want to work in?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think there's already a thread from the past about this for INFJs. If you find it, I can merge them.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Housewife. I keep my INTP happy for a living. :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yay for quitters! :D

I'm quitting too. Next week.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Going into science education.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
im still figuring out what my title is, I know it was a nice stationary position but Im the sort of all over at the moment, if not figuring out what needs to be done and mind reading those above me.

Lightyear

I got fired yesterday. Beat that.

I work as a nanny and it's a long story, my boss lost her baby while 5 months pregnant last week and without another child there are not enough hours for me.

I think I could get another nannying job quite easily and I love children but am wondering if I should do anything else with that passion.

meta

MBTI Type
infj
I'm a writer/editor for a management consulting firm...but working towards a career switch to mental health counseling.

WinterWriter

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm a writer/editor for a non-for-profit assisting paralyzed high school football players. I'm currently co-writing a book on spiritual resilience. This job sorta found me and I feel amazed by it.

WinterWriter

Ingrid in grids

The best advice career advice I ever received was to find what I loved, then find a way to make money from it.

I'm still finishing up High School, but I hope to be a psychiatrist some day.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Wow, two of you hoping to/in the process of getting into the mental health field! And two writers as well. Neither of these surprises me for INFJs. :)

As for me, I work in the international education field. I advise college students throughout the study abroad process. I really like my job, and I'm pretty sure I'd be happy remaining in the field for the duration of my working life, but I do sometimes wistfully think of getting my PhD in psychology and working in the mental health field.

I also do some translating on the side, both "practical (birth certificates, asylum application documentation, etc) and literary. That's kind of like writing. ;)

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
High school English teacher. My dream would be do this part time and have the rest of the day to write and paint. My superdream would be to create a musical and do most of the production and design much like Julie Taymor does.

SoftSpoken

The guy I am dating is INFJ and he does wood work. He is an independent contractor, but the work he enjoys the most is the 'artist' pieces like building master bedroom suites.

He loves to work with reclaimed barn wood, and most of his pieces have 150 year old wood that he has reclaimed. The other stuff, he goes into the woods, and harvests the material, lets it age for months (or years) and makes it into something only he can visualize in his mind.

His artistic side is pretty well developed and he is quite passionate about his work.

He worked in factories for 20 years and hated every minute of it.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm an attorney. It is not always a comfortable fit, although there are some things about it that are great. I'm hoping to get a masters in library science in a few years and work as a research and reference librarian at a major law school. First I have to work on paying off this stupid, overwhelming, soul-crushing student debt.

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm a business owner and I coach people at the same time.

Are many INFJs business owners, too? It could be just me...

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Currently a master's student in public health, so my time is spent doing research (reading the literature, writing up my results, crunching and organizing data). It's meaningful stuff and I work with good people, so I love it.

Previously, was an analyst in a management consulting firm -- complete hell with amazing pay. INFJ hell, perhaps :)

sculpting

INFJs make up very good research scientists-chemists and biologists. I'd say my customer base is about 60% NTP, but then maybe 10% INFJs, followed by 5% INTJs/ENFPs.

You guys use tert Ti very, very well.

La de Longe

MBTI Type
infj
I just graduated with a degree in environmental studies last May. I'm applying for a masters of architecture in the fall and am currently interning with a non-profit education organization. The ideal career for me is one in which I'm artistically engaged while also contributing to the "greater good." Common INFJ stuff.