• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP and the br00tal music??

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes? No? What's the heaviest you'll listen to? Converge heavy??? :mellow:

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Nirvana, Race Against the Machine, KoRn, SOiL, Soilwork, Drowning Pool, Clawfinger, Saliva, Disturbed, Godsmack, Inflames, Engel, Nickelback, Creed, 10 Years, 12 Stones, 30 Seconds to Mars, Adelitas Way, Age of Daze, Stone Sour, Static-X?

AC/DC wins the world of rock.

When it hits Slipknot, I can't listen to it. I mean, bashing your hands on drums as quickly as possible is not music. Especially when the guitar is playing an entirely different tune. And the vocalist is singing an entirely different song. Sounds like three songs on top of eachother.

Grunge-, Post-Grunge-, Indie-, Rock.

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah i have a Converge album, i think it's called Jane Doe. Also i love The Dillinger Escape Plan and Pig Destroyer is pretty awesome. I like to listen to that really loud when i'm feeling frustrated.

I'm not sure how that relates to type though :huh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah i have a Converge album, i think it's called Jane Doe. Also i love The Dillinger Escape Plan and Pig Destroyer is pretty awesome. I like to listen to that really loud when i'm feeling frustrated.

I'm not sure how that relates to type though :huh:

Fi maybe??? I don't know how it relates, I just connect the two together somehow... actually, I just realized what it is. First INFP I ever met listened to Combichrist and stuff lol. Anyway, the question somehow interests me :yes:

soft

MBTI Type
infp
i used to like some scream-y stuff..

blood brothers, at the drive-in, bear vs. shark, the fall of troy, la dispute, horse the band
umm... the bled..
that's all i can think of now

none of that is "br00tal," but it's the heaviest kind of stuff i have on my itunes. not a huge fan of it anymore, except for BVS and ATDI

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
the br00tal? not sure. I like bands like Godflesh, Isis, I like a lot of Doom metal bands. I don't think I wear it though. As in when people look at me they probably think I listen to nothing of the sort.

Nickelback,

???

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Not an INFP but I enjoy some brutal music. Dimmu Borgir, anyone?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm... I'm not exactly sure how to define brutal, but let's see.... Soreption, Slipknot, Swallow the Sun, Sunn, Haggard, Old Man's Child...

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4

I posted a list I wrote earlier somewhere else. Added some, and removed some. That's probably one of the things I forgot to remove or didn't see. Creed isn't exactly hardcore either. None of them are, really. They're just.. as hardcore as I like them to be. Anymore hardcore, like Slipknot, or Dimmu Borgir, and I'll tear my ears off. Haha. And I'm from the land of Goths.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I posted a list I wrote earlier somewhere else. Added some, and removed some. That's probably one of the things I forgot to remove or didn't see. Creed isn't exactly hardcore either. None of them are, really. They're just.. as hardcore as I like them to be. Anymore hardcore, like Slipknot, or Dimmu Borgir, and I'll tear my ears off. Haha. And I'm from the land of Goths.

burzum-1.jpg

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Don't know exactly either what you call brutal... I have here for example the guy Snuggletron showed on the pics :p, Amon Amarth, some older stuff of the bands Old Man's Child, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem, (since I don't like most of the newer stuff), then also Taake, Nokturnal Mortum, a few german bands...

I mixed into it also some less "brutal" music, but that makes probably the bigger part.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
no, I would pass on "br00tal" music.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends on my mood.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought the brutal kind of music would be easy to spot. Potentially gory lyrics, raspy screaming that scares most people, songs that just sound like noise, breakdowns, very little melody (if any, it's in a weird scale). eg. suicide silence, bring me the horizon, conducting from the grave, the crimson armada, Dilinger Escape Plan, greely estates, muncipal waste, the number twelve looks like you etc. (I could keep goin lol) Just under that is stuff like Amon Amarth or fall of troy, Heavy, but not heavy for the sake of heaviness, so it's less br00tal. It's a rather subjective word (You'd think an NTP wouldn't be drawn to subjective words, eh?) you can make of it what you want really :yes:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I listen to healthy amounts of metal.
But I'm not into nu-metal, metalcore, etc. Sounds mostly like music-alised teenage angst to me.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The heaviest you'll ever see me go is AC/DC. After that, I'm done. :)

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I like metal as long as there is some sort of melodic element to it..especially if it's in the guitars. musically, baroque and metal guitar riffs can be VERY similar or even identical and as a classical musician it fascinates me; I actually really like neo-classical, power and symphonic metal for this reason.

i don't mind not understanding words so much because words are usually the last thing on my mind when it comes to music anyway.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
i used to like some scream-y stuff..

blood brothers, at the drive-in, bear vs. shark, the fall of troy, la dispute, horse the band
umm... the bled..
that's all i can think of now

none of that is "br00tal," but it's the heaviest kind of stuff i have on my itunes. not a huge fan of it anymore, except for BVS and ATDI

oooooh, just thought of one

genghis tron?

i used to like them a lot.. they br00tal?