• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Common ENFP issues

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know it can hurt to be dismissed so summarily, but I think a lot of those "judgments" are usually more provisional/amenable than you think. It's just unless you are close to the INFJ, you don't really get to see an update on their beliefs down the road. I think that's what you're seeing in action right now with your exception. :D

I think most things happen too fast for them, because they have to consider a lot of info before they can decide anything. Have you ever had to make a decision that if you were forced to answer right away you would definitely say "no", but if you were allowed to take a while you might say yes? That's Ni-dom life.

I think it's just easier for them to reject and revisit, than it is to tear everything down and rebuild every time they encounter new info. In a way, it takes humility to modify your initial judgments so frequently.

That doesn't help you in real time though, if you know an INFJ who constantly shoots down your notions/interests/etc.

These days, i just consider it their loss/efficient that way :shrug:

Tertiary Te can be just as crass as tertiary Ti that way (the whole notion of us being foolish usually stems from that need for appearing to have 'intellectual/logical' standards, ime, so :shrug:)

It saves me time in planning who to spend time on :)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Our Ne goes into the 5th dimension, so you can't always see how high it bounces.

Oh how deluded you ENFPs are he he he he a ENTP has already bounced to the 30th dimension which is literally inconceivable to the human mind and well you guys are mere humans ;). I do genuinlly imageine what a 30D shape would look like since the pattern is that the previous shape makes up the "links" of the next like for example a 2d shape is made from 1D lines and a 3D shape is made from planes of the second one and again a 4D is made from planes of 3D shapes so a 30D shape would be made from 29D shapes. Imagine the angles and geometric equations linked to a 30D shape :). Hah it would feature for starters equations to the power of 30 which leads to some big numbers.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
tumblr_nr56093Exn1utn1fuo1_500.gif

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh how deluded you ENFPs are he he he he a ENTP has already bounced to the 30th dimension which is literally inconceivable to the human mind and well you guys are mere humans ;). I do genuinlly imageine what a 30D shape would look like since the pattern is that the previous shape makes up the "links" of the next like for example a 2d shape is made from 1D lines and a 3D shape is made from planes of the second one and again a 4D is made from planes of 3D shapes so a 30D shape would be made from 29D shapes. Imagine the angles and geometric equations linked to a 30D shape :). Hah it would feature for starters equations to the power of 30 which leads to some big numbers.

Its impossible to picture 1D

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Its impossible to picture 1D

Heres a 1D shape below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heres a 1D shape below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has 2 dimensions. Its a rectangle. You just have decided that height of line is negligent and is dismissed...common Ne trait :p

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
With Ne you have to understand whats dismissed...with Ni you have to understand whats assumed.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

See, that's how I suspect you haven't been beyond the 5th. Sure, anybody can go to the 6th, once you get to the 5th, hypercubes become hyperhypercubes, which besides being a very boring name, non-intuitively are essentially pan-flavored sex art furries with whom you can procreate color and sound dimensions, which are much more interesting than number dimensions. So you see, there simply is no point beyond that, unless of course you're inflicted with Ti, which I would very much pity you for.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne trait...i cant comprehend...drop and run...my head hurts trying :shrug: they are far from stupid people that cant comprehend, there is just a block that needs more of something not present to be able to put together picture. They default back to subjective tried and true until that piece presents itself and comprehension.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I'm awaiting a lover. I have to be rent and pulled apart and live according to the demons and the imagination in me. I'm restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again.
Anais Nin, Fire: From A Journal of Love - The Unexpurgated Diary of Anais Nin (1934-1937)

Sometimes it feels like everything is on fire in the most beautiful way. And every idea is so gorgeous, add the feelings to it and kabam! The idea of a person, the idea of a job, the idea of a concept. I think a common issues of being an ENFP is attaching feelings to an idea, a creation of the mind and then being disappointed when it doesn't match reality. But in the mind.. I wish everyone could see what that looks like for me.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm awaiting a lover. I have to be rent and pulled apart and live according to the demons and the imagination in me. I'm restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again.
Anais Nin, Fire: From A Journal of Love - The Unexpurgated Diary of Anais Nin (1934-1937)

Sometimes it feels like everything is on fire in the most beautiful way. And every idea is so gorgeous, add the feelings to it and kabam! The idea of a person, the idea of a job, the idea of a concept. I think a common issues of being an ENFP is attaching feelings to an idea, a creation of the mind and then being disappointed when it doesn't match reality. But in the mind.. I wish everyone could see what that looks like for me.

More time you spend dreaming the less time you spend figuring out how to make it happen.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
More time you spend dreaming the less time you spend figuring out how to make it happen.
Yes sir! Istp man of action, I so appreciate that about you xstps

I truly believe that moving to action is something that really has to turn much like a gear getting into motion in the minds of creatives, and enfps can be very creative.
For a long time I had a million ideas and no clue how to put them into action, the land of imagination is so fertile . However once I found a way to transition from idea to action, it was transformative.
I am actually writing a three part series on this transition for the writers guild that I am a contributor on. I think it is the transitioning that really keeps us stuck in the land of possibilities.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm awaiting a lover. I have to be rent and pulled apart and live according to the demons and the imagination in me. I'm restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again. Anais Nin, Fire: From A Journal of Love - The Unexpurgated Diary of Anais Nin (1934-1937) Sometimes it feels like everything is on fire in the most beautiful way. And every idea is so gorgeous, add the feelings to it and kabam! The idea of a person, the idea of a job, the idea of a concept. I think a common issues of being an ENFP is attaching feelings to an idea, a creation of the mind and then being disappointed when it doesn't match reality. But in the mind.. I wish everyone could see what that looks like for me.

Part of that natural tendency for us means that it can absolutely feel like the worst if some critic tears apart an artistic creation of yours. Man, that can feel so brutal :cry:

Over time I learned to detach my feelings from my work, after the fact, but it was a struggle getting there

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think it is the transitioning that really keeps us stuck in the land of possibilities.

For me, personally, the struggle was less about translating vision to reality, as both my dad and brother are NTJs, and my mom is ISFJ, so there was very little day dreaming around the house and more doing, but my struggle came more from the pure joy of imagining and escaping, daydreaming lends. Even today, with a Te more developed than ever, I find it difficult at times to shut that brainstorming process down and just run with something. To stop going off on random fun tangential projects and to stay focused on what truly matters to me. I feel so long as I can keep my sights on the prize, I'm set. It's fairly easy for me to see the vision then work backwards to see how I must get there, but ya, getting OUT of the Ne mode...that's a complete struggle for me haha.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
For me, personally, the struggle was less about translating vision to reality, as both my dad and brother are NTJs, and my mom is ISFJ, so there was very little day dreaming around the house and more doing, but my struggle came more from the pure joy of imagining and escaping, daydreaming lends. Even today, with a Te more developed than ever, I find it difficult at times to shut that brainstorming process down and just run with something. To stop going off on random fun tangential projects and to stay focused on what truly matters to me. I feel so long as I can keep my sights on the prize, I'm set. It's fairly easy for me to see the vision then work backwards to see how I must get there, but ya, getting OUT of the Ne mode...that's a complete struggle for me haha.

I can relate a little bit to what you said. My father -with all due respect to the great man he was- was INTJ and he infused in me that sense of resolve. "Live with purpose", he always used to say, sometimes in a dramatic way you would think it's his dying message. He was so action oriented, it was arduous for me to keep up, and you know, when you're a little kid, you take everything as a challenge and you start imitating your father. Needless to say, in the video footage they have of me, I look like a total idiot. I was a dreamy soul.

It evades me now, if it is the fact that we were innocent children in a universally quintessential arrangement that we had a prolific imagination, aimlessly wandering amidst wonderous ideas, enthusiastically dreaming without remorse, until that gift was taken away from us. Some of us have refused to hand it out, and are still endowed with the "brainchild".
Kids have sometimes the most intelligent questions that could make the most savvy scholars roll their eyes and gasp in embarassment. Luckily some people still have that ability, and in ego transcendence it is a must to experience the other in full colors and be thankful for the things they have, that we have lost, and vice versa.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For some of us, the dreams show us how to make it happen.

Do not assume NTJs, or especially Ni-doms, do not daydream. It is as essential for us as for you. I suspect the content of our daydreams is simply different than yours.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For some of us, the dreams show us how to make it happen.

Do not assume NTJs, or especially Ni-doms, do not daydream. It is as essential for us as for you. I suspect the content of our daydreams is simply different than yours.

Depends on how accurate your dreams are. I know people who followed dreams only to realize so much reality wasnt accounted for they just get frustrated and angry because its not working out. And what they thought was a nightmare is just fear of what didnt happen....the epitome of INTJs...:doh: