• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Common ENFP issues

Starry

It really depends on the region, you definitely won't have the same vibe in Toscany and Campania (and all the south)... Not only because of the cliché south=extraverts and north=introverts, but you'll find more Se-Fe in south, while the north cities are full of dutiful achievers (J).

Oh whoops Nara...I had started to respond to this earlier and then the site was running too sluggish for my non-existent degree of patience with mechanical and technical stuffs and so I gave-up intent on returning. I almost forgot though... and I'm glad I did not as I really appreciate your comments here. I've considered them as well at various points in the day and while I believe you know what you are talking about (I'm not discounting what you say)...I think it's interesting that it doesn't represent my family...nor my personal experience of Italy.

My great-grandfather...an introvert, yes comes from a wealthy land-owning, wine-making family in the northern province of Alessandria...while my great-grandmother, an extrovert, came from a poor family in Rome. They met when my grandmother became a maid in my grandfather's household's kitchen.

My grandfather always said that the reason they decided to move to America was because he had been disowned for not having married the woman his mother and 'the 7 Streghe' (his 7 older sisters) had arranged for him to marry...but married whom he loved that just so happened to be Roman and a kitchen-hand.

While my grandmother said it was due to his gambling haha.

Either way...my northern/introverted grandfather...some sort of IxxJ...was the one with wild, risk-taking, more ESFP-like behavior. They did live in Napoli for ten years prior to finally setting off for the US while my grandfather had gone back and forth looking for good wine country...so maybe they were all influenced (all the children they had during this time.) ESFP makes a lot of sense to me though not so much with regards to individual behavior but with the overarching values of my family and basically every Italian I've ever encountered. You mentioned Fe...but all I can see is Fi x infinity being one of the most Individualistic cultures/nations ever. The unit is the individual. And everyone's opinion will be heard (no one's not speaking-up in an effort to preserve harmony haha.)

I don't remember all the places I've been in Italy ...but I don't see myself as an individual that would be a good candidate for detecting regional MBTI differences anyway. Being raised in a culture that has deep Scandanavian roots has been more challenging on me than I imagine anyone would guess. The most introverted Italian person would seem like a raging ESFP compared to people here. The only feeling I truly experience when interacting with people all throughout Italy is this overwhelming sense of joy and freedom thinking *there's nothing I can do that will fuck things up*

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
Oh whoops Nara...I had started to respond to this earlier and then the site was running too sluggish for my non-existent degree of patience with mechanical and technical stuffs and so I gave-up intent on returning. I almost forgot though... and I'm glad I did not as I really appreciate your comments here. I've considered them as well at various points in the day and while I believe you know what you are talking about (I'm not discounting what you say)...I think it's interesting that it doesn't represent my family...nor my personal experience of Italy.

My great-grandfather...an introvert, yes comes from a wealthy land-owning, wine-making family in the northern province of Alessandria...while my great-grandmother, an extrovert, came from a poor family in Rome. They met when my grandmother became a maid in my grandfather's household's kitchen.

My grandfather always said that the reason they decided to move to America was because he had been disowned for not having married the woman his mother and 'the 7 Streghe' (his 7 older sisters) had arranged for him to marry...but married whom he loved that just so happened to be Roman and a kitchen-hand.

While my grandmother said it was due to his gambling haha.

Either way...my northern/introverted grandfather...some sort of IxxJ...was the one with wild, risk-taking, more ESFP-like behavior. They did live in Napoli for ten years prior to finally setting off for the US while my grandfather had gone back and forth looking for good wine country...so maybe they were all influenced (all the children they had during this time.) ESFP makes a lot of sense to me though not so much with regards to individual behavior but with the overarching values of my family and basically every Italian I've ever encountered. You mentioned Fe...but all I can see is Fi x infinity being one of the most Individualistic cultures/nations ever. The unit is the individual. And everyone's opinion will be heard (no one's not speaking-up in an effort to preserve harmony haha.)

I don't remember all the places I've been in Italy ...but I don't see myself as an individual that would be a good candidate for detecting regional MBTI differences anyway. Being raised in a culture that has deep Scandanavian roots has been more challenging on me than I imagine anyone would guess. The most introverted Italian person would seem like a raging ESFP compared to people here. The only feeling I truly experience when interacting with people all throughout Italy is this overwhelming sense of joy and freedom thinking *there's nothing I can do that will fuck things up*

In fact I worked in the cultural service of Florence and Palazzo Vecchio last year (nostalgia incoming :puppy_dog_eyes: ) and traveled in very different parts of the country. We were two french, and a bunch of (so sweet :puppy_dog_eyes: ) spanish and (of course) italians in the office, some of them had been living in the country for a longer period of time than others but we all shared the same experience. In Florens, as in Milan, as in Bologne or Turin, people are more Fi in the sense of authenticity.
They aren't as much friendly as the south people can be, and it's harder to make connections with them, but when you make friends, they are "true" friends.

South people Fe is nurturing kindness for the sake of it, so they naturally treat you as a friend, but it remains somewhat shallow (it wasn't a big deal for me as I still appreciate the seductive and superficial behaviors - not talking about men - for what it was, but some others were very disillusioned)...

To me Se dom is the closest function to the "seize the moment" philosophy but it's really stronger in the south (and I'd add "dolce vitta" blabla is a total cliche (and actually this movie is completely depressing)).
When I went to Napoli, I was thinking that having the Vesuvius in the background must be a reminder of the temporary, or something like that so I can understand why people aren't taking unnecessary things too seriously, and are living so well in this damn chaotic city (and I must admit I loved it !).

And when I said they were achievers (talking about big cities in the north), I meant they work really hard and pay attention to the prestige of their career in terms of financial comfort (in fact italians are attached to their image in one way or another). Plus, most of people there usually have two or three jobs because of life cost. Plus, it's normal to them to work much longer than required.
Some italian people I met in France when I came back here ( :puppy_dog_eyes: :puppy_dog_eyes: ) were so shocked that French seemed so lazy (looks like the less we do at work the healthier we get) LOL.
BUT while here in France (and paradoxically) we define ourselves by our job (it's changing), Italians deeply know that's not the most important quality in a personal life.

Also they have family values I admire. You can't find one grandmother left alone and isolated in Italia .
"he had been disowned for not having married the woman his mother and 'the 7 Streghe' (his 7 older sisters) had arranged for him to marry" : lol this is Matriarchia
Pretty story ^^

Being raised in a culture that has deep Scandanavian roots has been more challenging on me than I imagine anyone would guess.

Ouh yes I can understand this... Where have you been raised ?

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
That common issue when you think you're going to be able to successfully navigate romantic relationships and compartmentalize emotions in a healthy way...then fail completely.

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
That common issue when you think you're going to be able to successfully navigate romantic relationships and compartmentalize emotions in a healthy way...then fail completely.

You're a 7, you just have to move to the next. As a 4 I leave quickly when I feel I'm going to regret it after being emotionnaly engaged, but then ruminate it for weeks.
pocas.gif

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I tend to feel like I'm built like the Titanic, that I can hold about 5 compartments of water at once without sinking--and my ship is pretty unsinkable until I reach that point. Trouble is, when I'm stressed and not having enough self-reflection or down time, I can't tell if there are 2 compartments full or all, if I'm sinking or floating, if I'm even a boat and have compartments at all. I start looking to see if everyone else's compartments are full or empty to see if I can figure out what the most logical probability that mine are full is. Everything, except sitting down for a bit and doing some dishes or heaven forbid, making other things easier for myself. What do your compartments feel like?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to feel like I'm built like the Titanic, that I can hold about 5 compartments of water at once without sinking--and my ship is pretty unsinkable until I reach that point. Trouble is, when I'm stressed and not having enough self-reflection or down time, I can't tell if there are 2 compartments full or all, if I'm sinking or floating, if I'm even a boat and have compartments at all. I start looking to see if everyone else's compartments are full or empty to see if I can figure out what the most logical probability that mine are full is. Everything, except sitting down for a bit and doing some dishes or heaven forbid, making other things easier for myself. What do your compartments feel like?

So relatable.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're a 7, you just have to move to the next. As a 4 I leave quickly when I feel I'm going to regret it after being emotionnaly engaged, but then ruminate it for weeks.
pocas.gif

I don't know her exact situation, but as a 7, I think it's good to stick around for a lesson in recognizing and managing deep emotions that come with a relationship after you've failed to do so instead of just fleeing. If course if the relationship isn't working for other reasons, the 7's ability to move on is a gift.

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So relatable.

I'm glad! A lot of my models for people and myself are shapes and textures, do you ever find yourself feeling a quasi synesthesia related to emotional associations and textures/colors/shapes?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm glad! A lot of my models for people and myself are shapes and textures, do you ever find yourself feeling a quasi synesthesia related to emotional associations and textures/colors/shapes?

Yes! Not so much colors and shapes, but textures, viscosity and spatial relationships, distance and time. <3

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes! Not so much colors and shapes, but textures, viscosity and spatial relationships, distance and time. <3

<3Oh, you're one of those bleepy bloopy, timey-wimey freaks...</3

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

And I feel like emotional problems wreak havoc on my life.

When it comes to this compartmentalization: I have no idea if I'm really good at it, or really bad at it.

What is compartmentalization? How does it work? What is it used for?

How does it relate to emotional suppression? Self control?

Do Ts seem to be better at it? Or Fs?

/ not an ENFP, but have been hearing about this a lot lately, and am curious

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no idea what y'all are talking about.

And I feel like emotional problems wreak havoc on my life.

When it comes to this compartmentalization: I have no idea if I'm really good at it, or really bad at it.

What is compartmentalization? How does it work? What is it used for?

How does it relate to emotional suppression? Self control?

Do Ts seem to be better at it? Or Fs?

/ not an ENFP, but have been hearing about this a lot lately, and am curious

For me, when I am forming associations between what I'm experiencing, what I have experienced, the pattern that I notice, and what I intend to do with that knowledge, it all happens in a very quick feeling inside that has textures, colors, shapes to work as a heuristic. Like a heuristic that I can touch inside of myself (that's what she said).

Your question feels slippery to me. I am having trouble relating it to any frameworks I have, so it's jumping. I'll reread your questions and see what shape forms.

It feels dark. I am trying to figure out what it would feel like for my inner world to be dark and free of shapes. To not have these impressions and not know what it feels like to be unaware of their presence. Certainly, you have associations with your emotional states, but to be unaware of how you decide to use the associations that are being formed, and what quick conclusions to draw about them before deciding which thing goes in which box, how do you make your decisions without these sensations? How could you ever have any certainty? You must have no certainty, that would be terrifying (this assumption, were I to say it and mean it, I'd need to reread what you wrote at least 4 more times and see how an assertion like that "feels" against my impression of you to figure out if I was making a correct assumption about the nature of your inner world).

Simply, it seems to me to happen in those who are close to the middle, the ENXP's, and especially those who are spatial learners. All new info has a feeling, and all shapes, colors, numbers, social interactions, theories, time periods, and measurements invoke similar feelings and are interchangeable as metaphor. Whenever I am playing with them, I pick up my shapes and move them around. I think it's a Ne thing, maybe? You have Ni, right? Maybe that's why it feels different for me.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
For me, when I am forming associations between what I'm experiencing, what I have experienced, the pattern that I notice, and what I intend to do with that knowledge, it all happens in a very quick feeling inside that has textures, colors, shapes to work as a heuristic. Like a heuristic that I can touch inside of myself (that's what she said).

Your question feels slippery to me. I am having trouble relating it to any frameworks I have, so it's jumping. I'll reread your questions and see what shape forms.

It feels dark. I am trying to figure out what it would feel like for my inner world to be dark and free of shapes. To not have these impressions and not know what it feels like to be unaware of their presence. Certainly, you have associations with your emotional states, but to be unaware of how you decide to use the associations that are being formed, and what quick conclusions to draw about them before deciding which thing goes in which box, how do you make your decisions without these sensations? How could you ever have any certainty? You must have no certainty, that would be terrifying (this assumption, were I to say it and mean it, I'd need to reread what you wrote at least 4 more times and see how an assertion like that "feels" against my impression of you to figure out if I was making a correct assumption about the nature of your inner world).

Simply, it seems to me to happen in those who are close to the middle, the ENXP's, and especially those who are spatial learners. All new info has a feeling, and all shapes, colors, numbers, social interactions, theories, time periods, and measurements invoke similar feelings and are interchangeable as metaphor. Whenever I am playing with them, I pick up my shapes and move them around. I think it's a Ne thing, maybe? You have Ni, right? Maybe that's why it feels different for me.

I don't know.

That was all very confusing to me.

With the bolded, you seemed to be onto something, tho.

That's where what you were saying started resonating.

I don't think it tells the whole story.

But there was something there.

thistlechaser

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know.

That was all very confusing to me.

With the bolded, you seemed to be onto something, tho.

That's where what you were saying started resonating.

I don't think it tells the whole story.

But there was something there.

Interesting. This is encouraging for me, because the part that I thought would be incomprehensible in what I said was the part that seemed to begin to resonate with you. These are the insights that I typically hide from people when I'm talking to them, trying to make everything more logical, instead (I tend to hide my Fi and Ne stuff because it's all so abstract and seems nonsensical to me). I'll try continuing to blabber on about my impressions that I'm getting about your Ni.

It seems to me like your ideas feel very separate already. That not much of anything relates to anything else, and it all feels pretty meaningless most of the time

Bear with me, I'm going to try something completely new and never tried before and see what results we get. I'm going to read the profile for INTJ again and see what pops out at me and write it in bold. We'll see how effective this method is for those-like-you things.

Ni -Te feels lonely and quiet. Quiet, interspersed with the occasional memories and confusion. There's a feeling that things outside of self are already known before examining them, and everything is apparent and easy to understand. But the self, inside...that is not. There are single desires that are very loud, but then just as quickly, very mutable. Structures make sense, but what is the meaning?

Ah it's the Ne-Fi that's giving me the ability to maneuver through myself. Your Fi is far down and makes it difficult to figure out what means what and the lack of Ne leaves you with only a few things floating around in your mind at any given moment to be able to compare your current thoughts to.

Te is a comfortable place. When things make sense, everything is comfortable. When systems work according to planned and there is no clutter, all of that space is very comforting. Slowly, there will rise colors and passions into the muted whiteness. I saw whiteness now, because I think I misinterpreted what color the inside of your consciousness is. It's white, like a blank sheet of paper.

I'm going back to reread about Ni to see where the focus is directed when Ni performs it's notorious something out of nothing, an epigenesis of the ideas.

Maybe it's not focused anywhere. Maybe that's the point of Ni. I had always assumed that it's direction is focused inward, but it could just be a blank piece of paper where the Te makes the structures and the Fi informs the meaning.

I have a friend who is an INTJ who when he isn't at work, smokes weed, drinks, and builds things in minecraft all day, punctuated by a lot of whiny rants on facebook about whichever political thing he's pissed off about that particular day, and I never can figure out what exactly he's railing against because if he'd just go out and take in new insights, make new connections, he'd get out of his rut. I have an ENTJ friend who always seems to find the simplest answers to my most perplexing of life's interpersonal problems--when in doubt, cut it out.

The Ni dominance of the INTJ must feel like a very ordered mental space where very little new goes on inside until something activates the desire to solve a problem.

My Te is tertiary, I like to think I'm very logical and it's funny that the things I say to you through my Te lens seem garbled to you. You are more proficient with Te, so you see the static surrounding my Te. You have my Fi, as well, so you can check for meaning just as I can, but my world is a bit more vibrant and radiating with meaning than yours--my space inside is very cluttered, very disorderly.

**Your space and comfort inside are calming, Ni seems to need a lot of quiet and space to activate itself. Ni gives space for the Te and Fi to dance together, little wisps of color against the blank page. Te is always active, always seeing the "right" way, the obvious answer, and Ni gives it all the space it needs to operate, nudging it subtly towards this thing or that thing, but always in the background, the unspoken hero."

I envy your mind. Your simplicity and calmness. To have a day where my head isn't jumbled up with 50 things all the time. To be able to spend my time focused primarily on the puzzles and patterns I love so much, it fills me with yearning. I may be able to draw connections between one thing and 50 million other things, but it's difficult for me to have original thoughts and solutions in all this mess. I need someone to lead and direct and care for me if I don't limit myself to just a few things at once. INTJs make so much sense and it's so pleasant to read the things they say.

Last edited:

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
You're a 7, you just have to move to the next.

Tis true, but if its too early it feels...wrong? It's almost like I have to wait for it to "ripen" in order to move on, even if that involves some slightly melancholy in the process.

It is also harder cause I am in a physical place (outside the US) where it is difficult to "move on to the next" as a gay man because there are very few "nexts" here.

I love this analogy as well as your idea of visualization.

I am always running way too fast into life, as ENFPs are stereotyped to do. I think everything is great. I have that, "everything will be fine" attitude running around the world. Eventually a compartment or two will feel up, or as I visualize it, a piece of my heart will become tired. But its ok! I still have plenty left! Unfortunately, by the time we've reached the critical point, it's too late.

I don't know her exact situation, but as a 7, I think it's good to stick around for a lesson in recognizing and managing deep emotions that come with a relationship after you've failed to do so instead of just fleeing. If course if the relationship isn't working for other reasons, the 7's ability to move on is a gift.

I agree and it comes back to what I said above as to waiting for the situation to ripen. I want to learn. If something is not good for me I've actually stayed *just* so I could learn from it.

I've never thought about how much I visualize feelings, interactions, time, etc... I need to think about this. Thanks for the brain tease. :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
first off, i just need to join the chorus of ENFPs who relate to this titanic compartment imagery [MENTION=21597]thistlechaser[/MENTION] so beautifully constructed. it seems like you're a fairly new member, and i just want to say, i already appreciate your presence and contribution here.

*hopes she has a few spare compartments in there*

I agree and it comes back to what I said above as to waiting for the situation to ripen. I want to learn. If something is not good for me I've actually stayed *just* so I could learn from it.
malkavia, i know exactly what you mean. and this is where we have to take a look at the cost/benefit breakdown of the situation we're in. i love how you're using the term 'ripen' here. letting something run its natural course, allowing things that are growing and developing to come to be, is a philosophy that i very much believe in. IF (major if) the situation in its present state is beneficial to you as well. i relate all too well to staying in a bad situation only to learn from it, and of course, there are plenty of learning opportunities and rough parts in situations that are still 'good'. you seem wise, and i really think you have a good handle on your strengths and weaknesses and what they mean for you in relationships.

also, i realized i addressed you with a female pronoun before i knew you were male. sorry, malk. gender can be hard to determine on here.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
malkavia, i know exactly what you mean. and this is where we have to take a look at the cost/benefit breakdown of the situation we're in. i love how you're using the term 'ripen' here. letting something run its natural course, allowing things that are growing and developing to come to be, is a philosophy that i very much believe in. IF (major if) the situation in its present state is beneficial to you as well. i relate all too well to staying in a bad situation only to learn from it, and of course, there are plenty of learning opportunities and rough parts in situations that are still 'good'. you seem wise, and i really think you have a good handle on your strengths and weaknesses and what they mean for you in relationships.

also, i realized i addressed you with a female pronoun before i knew you were male. sorry, malk. gender can be hard to determine on here.

No worries on the gender thing. I don't really mind and have had plenty of trouble with users on here as well. That's why I didn't say anything (but I might have slipped in gay *man* just to let everyone know. ;) )

And yes, I think it is a common ENFP view and something that can be quite healthy for ENFPs if we do it correctly.

I wrote a story to some friends a couple of days ago about a (slightly dramatic) personal crisis I had. In the end, it was a good thing. I learned a lot from it. I actually end up looking at those times fondly. I'm always better off for them.

I wish we still had blogs on here (I don't like the new system) or I'd update my old one.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

I'm really sad that I don't "get" this at all. If everyone didn't chime in about how relatable this was, I'd assume you were just making stuff up.:newwink:

I don't think visually/spatially at all, so maybe that's why.

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
Tis true, but if its too early it feels...wrong? It's almost like I have to wait for it to "ripen" in order to move on, even if that involves some slightly melancholy in the process.

It is also harder cause I am in a physical place (outside the US) where it is difficult to "move on to the next" as a gay man because there are very few "nexts" here.

You're right. And so you already know it doesn't make sense to compartimentalize, don't you ? Emotions always win, so it's better to let them go as they please, if you learn to take them for what they are.
It's this desire to reach a securizing detachment that leads nowhere, because it gives you the illusion to control, while you're still a weak slave of your emotions ...

It's just that now I can see very fastly the things which won't work, I know intuitively the relationship won't be right for me (or us) even if we're already attached to each other, so my cerebral part makes me quit but then the heart wants to fulfill what's missing with his own fantasies and idealisation.
So, I think you're right because it's far better to wait and see and, in any case, to live the things fully, even if it includes the risk to suffer a bit.
We are resourceful and more resilient than most other types. :blowkiss:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems to me like your ideas feel very separate already. That not much of anything relates to anything else, and it all feels pretty meaningless most of the time
It all relates; it isn't meaningless. It's just difficult to articulate.

Bear with me, I'm going to try something completely new and never tried before and see what results we get. I'm going to read the profile for INTJ again and see what pops out at me and write it in bold. We'll see how effective this method is for those-like-you things.
Ni -Te feels lonely and quiet. Quiet, interspersed with the occasional memories and confusion. There's a feeling that things outside of self are already known before examining them, and everything is apparent and easy to understand. But the self, inside...that is not. There are single desires that are very loud, but then just as quickly, very mutable. Structures make sense, but what is the meaning?
This is very apt.

Ah it's the Ne-Fi that's giving me the ability to maneuver through myself. Your Fi is far down and makes it difficult to figure out what means what and the lack of Ne leaves you with only a few things floating around in your mind at any given moment to be able to compare your current thoughts to.
No, it just isn't extroverted. It's Ni-Fi instead of Ne-Fi.

Would you care for a taste of Ni-Fi? Look here: Tao Te Ching

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

We join spokes together in a wheel,
but it is the center hole
that makes the wagon move.

We shape clay into a pot,
but it is the emptiness inside
that holds whatever we want.

We hammer wood for a house,
but it is the inner space
that makes it livable.

We work with being,
but non-being is what we use.

Colors blind the eye.
Sounds deafen the ear.
Flavors numb the taste.
Thoughts weaken the mind.
Desires wither the heart.

The Master observes the world
but trusts his inner vision.

He allows things to come and go.
His heart is open as the sky.

The ancient Masters were profound and subtle.
Their wisdom was unfathomable.
There is no way to describe it;
all we can describe is their appearance.

They were careful
as someone crossing an iced-over stream.
Alert as a warrior in enemy territory.
Courteous as a guest.
Fluid as melting ice.
Shapable as a block of wood.
Receptive as a valley.
Clear as a glass of water.

Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?

The Master doesn't seek fulfillment.
Not seeking, not expecting,
she is present, and can welcome all things.

Te is a comfortable place. When things make sense, everything is comfortable. When systems work according to planned and there is no clutter, all of that space is very comforting. Slowly, there will rise colors and passions into the muted whiteness. I saw whiteness now, because I think I misinterpreted what color the inside of your consciousness is. It's white, like a blank sheet of paper.
This is true when younger.

Maybe it's not focused anywhere. Maybe that's the point of Ni. I had always assumed that it's direction is focused inward, but it could just be a blank piece of paper where the Te makes the structures and the Fi informs the meaning.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Good insight.

It's doing not-doing. Another way to put it is that it's just a way of looking at the world, where that which is not obvious to most people is obvious to oneself, but the price one pays for such insight is that that which is obvious to most people isn't obvious to oneself.

I have a friend who is an INTJ who when he isn't at work, smokes weed, drinks, and builds things in minecraft all day, punctuated by a lot of whiny rants on facebook about whichever political thing he's pissed off about that particular day, and I never can figure out what exactly he's railing against because if he'd just go out and take in new insights, make new connections, he'd get out of his rut.
INFPs are good for INTJs like that. You guys don't tell us what to think, you ask questions, and the questions that you ask are the answers.

I'm serious. Remember Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? The answer is 42. The answer is useless. You need the right question! You guys ask the right questions.

I have an ENTJ friend who always seems to find the simplest answers to my most perplexing of life's interpersonal problems--when in doubt, cut it out.
This works most of the time, but once in a while you end up saying, "WTF!" when it doesn't work out, and the ENTJ is like, "I didn't say there weren't any risks."

The Ni dominance of the INTJ must feel like a very ordered mental space where very little new goes on inside until something activates the desire to solve a problem.
Sorta-kinda.

It isn't ordered. It's just that the conclusions are always ordered. Ni is always synthesizing things, putting ideas together to come up with new ideas. The new ideas are never wholly original, but they're great shortcuts to get to the next new idea.

Understanding Ni as being oriented around "solving problems" is essential. Ni (INTJ or INFJ) is the quintessential troubleshooter.

My Te is tertiary,
Your inferior, as an INFP. Oh, wait, now you're xNFP? OK, maybe ENFP is correct.

I like to think I'm very logical and it's funny that the things I say to you through my Te lens seem garbled to you. You are more proficient with Te, so you see the static surrounding my Te. You have my Fi, as well, so you can check for meaning just as I can, but my world is a bit more vibrant and radiating with meaning than yours--my space inside is very cluttered, very disorderly.
Actually, NFP Te works great. The only problem you guys have with Te is that you HATE (with your Fi) what it tells you to do. If you are flustered because you have 20 obligations but can only meet 5 of them, Te tells you to prioritize, while Fi tells you that all of them are important. In my experience, it isn't clutter in the NFP mind, it's just a reluctance to admit trade-offs. Fi wants its cake and to eat it, too.

**Your space and comfort inside are calming, Ni seems to need a lot of quiet and space to activate itself. Ni gives space for the Te and Fi to dance together, little wisps of color against the blank page. Te is always active, always seeing the "right" way, the obvious answer, and Ni gives it all the space it needs to operate, nudging it subtly towards this thing or that thing, but always in the background, the unspoken hero."

My INTJ grandmother died a year or so back at the age of 101. When speaking to guests in her hostess mode, she would say things like, "If you need anything, please tell me. I can show you how you can do without it."

I envy your mind. Your simplicity and calmness. To have a day where my head isn't jumbled up with 50 things all the time. To be able to spend my time focused primarily on the puzzles and patterns I love so much, it fills me with yearning. I may be able to draw connections between one thing and 50 million other things, but it's difficult for me to have original thoughts and solutions in all this mess. I need someone to lead and direct and care for me if I don't limit myself to just a few things at once. INTJs make so much sense and it's so pleasant to read the things they say.

As per quoting my grandmother above, the simplicity comes from accepting the obvious and working from there. As long as you're working from truth, your conclusions will be simple (if not easy). If you're working from desires, your conclusions (if you reach any) will either be really complex, or simply asking for your wishes to be fulfilled without any intervening steps.

E.g.,
[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/151040/the-underpants-business[/video]