User Tag List

First 2969777879

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I'm definitely very idealistic, but with an undercurrent of practicality. It's a balancing act.
    I can relate. I often feel like I'm fighting against my own idealistic tendencies to put forth what I know is the probable outcome.
    I've managed to find somewhat of a middle ground by developing the philosophy of "We can't make a perfect world, but that doesn't make it any less important to try."
    I have a lot of lofty, esoteric, out-there ideas and opinions. But at the same time I value facts and reality and logic. And I often find that I like the idea of people more than actual people. I feel as if I'm a very contradictory person
    I see idealism as my vision for what the world could be. And I need to take steps to enact some of that vision in the world around me.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    NFTS
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LucieCat View Post
    I can relate. I often feel like I'm fighting against my own idealistic tendencies to put forth what I know is the probable outcome.
    I've managed to find somewhat of a middle ground by developing the philosophy of "We can't make a perfect world, but that doesn't make it any less important to try."
    I have a lot of lofty, esoteric, out-there ideas and opinions. But at the same time I value facts and reality and logic. And I often find that I like the idea of people more than actual people. I feel as if I'm a very contradictory person
    I see idealism as my vision for what the world could be. And I need to take steps to enact some of that vision in the world around me.

This is an enormous struggle for me. I feel like the embodiment of paradox. It gives me a slight identity crisis because I know all sides are me, but they can be so polar opposite in terms of both feelings and expectations.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯