User Tag List

First 24647273747576 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    ENFP Issue: When you breathe life/pixie dust onto people/situations, and then they enjoy it so much they lock you in a cage. Then they wonder why you're sad and not sprinkling dust anymore. One of the most common things I hear from people: (some variation of) "I wish I could take you home with me and you could just follow me around and entertain me all day." I know they think of it as a compliment, but I couldn't imagine a worse fate.
    #ditto .. every time they pull out the cage I sigh , can't you just observe me in my natural habitat.
    Likes Cassandra liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

All the ENFP's I've encountered have been quite foolish. Although, they have such a passion for knowledge that it's hard not to fall in love with them as an INFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by stoic View Post
    All the ENFP's I've encountered have been quite foolish. Although, they have such a passion for knowledge that it's hard not to fall in love with them as an INFJ.
    I guess thats why im always intrigued but then utterly turned off by most infjs i meet - their need to judge what they do not understand as foolish

I ll admit to recently having met an exception to that rule. He does judge but he also questions and revisits that judgement and actually puts in the effort to understand and refine his judgement. Its quite adorable to watch and poke at
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I guess thats why im always intrigued but then utterly turned off by most infjs i meet - their need to judge what they do not understand as foolish

I ll admit to recently having met an exception to that rule. He does judge but he also questions and revisits that judgement and actually puts in the effort to understand and refine his judgement. Its quite adorable to watch and poke at
    I know it can hurt to be dismissed so summarily, but I think a lot of those "judgments" are usually more provisional/amenable than you think. It's just unless you are close to the INFJ, you don't really get to see an update on their beliefs down the road. I think that's what you're seeing in action right now with your exception.

I think most things happen too fast for them, because they have to consider a lot of info before they can decide anything. Have you ever had to make a decision that if you were forced to answer right away you would definitely say "no", but if you were allowed to take a while you might say yes? That's Ni-dom life.

I think it's just easier for them to reject and revisit, than it is to tear everything down and rebuild every time they encounter new info. In a way, it takes humility to modify your initial judgments so frequently.

That doesn't help you in real time though, if you know an INFJ who constantly shoots down your notions/interests/etc.
    Likes Cassandra, Dreamer liked this post

Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

A common ENFP problem is that you guys have the second rate dom Ne he he he he he unlike ENTPs who have the superior dom Ne .

Senior Member Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    147 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESi Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    A common ENFP problem is that you guys have the second rate dom Ne he he he he he unlike ENTPs who have the superior dom Ne .
    get you you evil kitty! :p
    Hello sorrow
    Hello friend
    Hello demon
    In angel's skin...
    (Angel's Skin - Sawyer Fredericks)

Fill in: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

I think those predetermined judgments often stem from how reactionary and idealistic they can be. I always find myself rationalizing ENFP's thoughts, especially when they seem to just blurt out stuff(that might be a turbulent thing, idk). They're really free-spirited too. I'm a person of boundaries and I need time to myself. The ENFP's I've met normally have a hard time respecting that. They have a very childlike nature to them, one of which is fun to be around but not as interesting on an intellectual level as say the ENTP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Our Ne goes into the 5th dimension, so you can't always see how high it bounces.
    ▵▵▵
    Likes Cassandra, Dreamer liked this post

Always Intentional

Likes Qlip liked this post

Slightly Petulant Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

They can be ubiquitous and yet hard to find.