User Tag List

First 1656646566676876 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Precisely. So, find the ENTP one if you need less feelz
    your fani
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Cassandra liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Really?

I find that other people often have a lot more feelz than I do, but are seriously unaware of them, like, non-stop. It's kinda...weird to watch.

I may be high on the feelz-scale, but at least I know they're there..I think
    No, I gotcha, I definitely have a pretty good map of my feelings, for good or for bad. And I also see a lot of feeling deniers out there, which is an odd position to take for a human being. I was just saying that often enough I see problems that I wish I cared more about, but don't, or people I wished i had more feeling to reach out to. It was an angle on this ENFP not having near enough feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    No, I gotcha, I definitely have a pretty good map of my feelings, for good or for bad. And I also see a lot of feeling deniers out there, which is an odd position to take for a human being. I was just saying that often enough I see problems that I wish I cared more about, but don't, or people I wished i had more feeling to reach out to. It was an angle on this ENFP not having near enough feels.
    But why do you wish to care more? The thing is, we have a tendency to be gluttons - to want to experience it all, I think. Ime, caring about everything in an intense fashion tends to rip you apart at the seams and makes you ineffective at actually doing something with that.

So count your blessings and focus on those things that do pull at your heart. Meanwhile, know that someone else will take care of those other things. At least, that's the approach Ive had to adopt myself, in order to cope and actually accomplish something
    Likes Qlip, Gentleman Jack liked this post

MBTI
    ENFx
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Sometimes I start to do something and half-way through I get really bored. But I feel bad for quitting whatever activity I'm doing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    784 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Okay so this may have already been addressed, but 66 pages is a lot and in just trying to read through one page I've forgotten and remembered this question six times, so I better just ask it now and go back through later: Do any other ENFP find that they've been confused or mistyped themselves as other types over the years, whether on purpose (so as to not feel so vulnerable) or by accident(wanting to relate to the other people in our lives)?
    With all due respect,
    -Jack.

You must be human . . . how weirdly exotic and excitingly perverse...

I am the Cat who walks by Himself, and all places are alike to me...

There were people who lied for gain, people who lied from pain,
    people who lied simply because the concept of telling the truth was utterly alien to them,
    and then there were people who lied because they were waiting for it to be time to tell the truth...

Se > Ti > Fe = Ni > Ne = Si > Te = Fi

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Do any ENFPs organize their stuff much? Or plan things out?

I know there are some strongly set stereotypes that describe flightiness in ENFPs, but when I read that Carl Rogers is an ENFP, it broadened my perspective on it. I identify a great deal with the way Rogers thinks as the ideal I strive towards. I've actually wondered if I'm an ENFP, although based on the stereotypes people might think its not possible. I've known extreme ENFPs that have the most outlandish creative energy, and I'm different from them being quieter and more serious, but I may relate more to Ne and Fi than to Ni and Fe. I admire Fe in some people, but I can't honestly say it resonates that much when I read descriptions about social norms, hostessing, and groups. I've never had people over for dinner and I'm fairly old. My only possible connection to Fe is being impacted by the emotional climate around me, but I've wondered if that could be Ne filtered through Fi. The main way I connect with people is exploring ideas. My version of small talk is to try to inspire someone with where their creative idea might lead. People also come up to me and tell me about their feelings, although I don't initiate.

My boyfriend is also either INFJ or ENFP, which once again, based on stereotypes people would think you could never confuse the two, but in some people it seems a bit closer. He organizes his stuff more than I do and is into conspiracy theory which makes me think INFJ, but he doesn't plan for practical future and is rather silly.

Also, my creative output is really all over the map from intensely dark emotional realm to silly rabbit songs for children. Based on how most people produce professionally, I do seem like someone with multiple personality disorder. It creates a bit of a problem for me because for the people who respond to one mode of my creativity would be very put off by the other mode. I use one pseudonym for some work, but it is a noticeable thing the level of contrast.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN
    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY
    You have to let the metaphysical guy chase you. ABIGAIL

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack View Post
    Okay so this may have already been addressed, but 66 pages is a lot and in just trying to read through one page I've forgotten and remembered this question six times, so I better just ask it now and go back through later: Do any other ENFP find that they've been confused or mistyped themselves as other types over the years, whether on purpose (so as to not feel so vulnerable) or by accident(wanting to relate to the other people in our lives)?
    Functionally, I've had little doubt about my typing. I've gone through multiple times seeing the functions and different stackings with a scalpel to see if I can find flaws in the identification. I do however, find myself bored with the type on occasion and will seek out other types with which to identify with, and the other types I tend to choose, upon reflection, seem to be those types that have whatever it is I'm lacking at the time, in abundance. Almost as though my living through a type, even temporary, will imbue me with that type's characteristics. Sounds really weird huh. For example, I'm currently listed as ESFP. Well, I've been in a funk for some months now, and really, really just need to get out of my head and need to distract myself, and I feel Se is the answer. Usually when I change my typing its because I'm getting into costume and want to try it out a while, get into the mind of that type, and see if I can contort my thinking to that stack. I find it to be a lot of fun!

Have you been confused with your type? I assume so since you ask. What leads to the confusion?
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Ravenetta liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    784 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Functionally, I've had little doubt about my typing. I've gone through multiple times seeing the functions and different stackings with a scalpel to see if I can find flaws in the identification. I do however, find myself bored with the type on occasion and will seek out other types with which to identify with, and the other types I tend to choose, upon reflection, seem to be those types that have whatever it is I'm lacking at the time, in abundance. Almost as though my living through a type, even temporary, will imbue me with that type's characteristics. Sounds really weird huh. For example, I'm currently listed as ESFP. Well, I've been in a funk for some months now, and really, really just need to get out of my head and need to distract myself, and I feel Se is the answer. Usually when I change my typing its because I'm getting into costume and want to try it out a while, get into the mind of that type, and see if I can contort my thinking to that stack. I find it to be a lot of fun!

Have you been confused with your type? I assume so since you ask. What leads to the confusion?
    Well when I got out of the military, I was feeling like super vulnerable, it's a dark long story, that involved some pretty crippling abuse on the dl. Anyway when I got out I felt like it could happen again at any moment, so I threw up my shields, and when I would take the test for class or what have you, I would get ENTP or INTJ When I came here, I had just figured I was like the worst INTJ ever, but I met a friend, who helped me open up and start looking at things from a more genuine perspective, and now when I answer honestly I get ENFP on all the tests. One article I read said that ENFP's are also the type most likley to mistype themselves as another type, due to...reasons I can't recall, and nor did I book mark it apparently so...shoot, but that's all I was just curious if anyone else ever had done something similar?
    With all due respect,
    -Jack.

people who lied simply because the concept of telling the truth was utterly alien to them,
    and then there were people who lied because they were waiting for it to be time to tell the truth...

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack View Post
    Well when I got out of the military, I was feeling like super vulnerable, it's a dark long story, that involved some pretty crippling abuse on the dl. Anyway when I got out I felt like it could happen again at any moment, so I threw up my shields, and when I would take the test for class or what have you, I would get ENTP or INTJ When I came here, I had just figured I was like the worst INTJ ever, but I met a friend, who helped me open up and start looking at things from a more genuine perspective, and now when I answer honestly I get ENFP on all the tests. One article I read said that ENFP's are also the type most likley to mistype themselves as another type, due to...reasons I can't recall, and nor did I book mark it apparently so...shoot, but that's all I was just curious if anyone else ever had done something similar?
    I would imagine the Ne/Fi, that allows ENFPs to connect and understand people so fluidly, would also allow them to see themselves in other personalities as well. It's that ability to be able to stick themselves in another's shoes with Fi, and the Ne to see through another perspective. I imagine it leads one to not just see through the perspective of another type, but to "feel" it, leading them to then identify and see that typing within themselves. That'd be my guess. Though, there could always be other decisions made based off emotion as you bring up, absolutely. If that were the case though, it wouldn't be solely tied to ENFPs and rather, a more personal decision. Though, I understand being an ENFP, you also have the unfortunate reality of not fitting into boxes and labels so cleanly. I'm sure that in itself would create confusion on your end, and externally.

Just tossing out some thoughts.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Gentleman Jack liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    784 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    I would imagine the Ne/Fi, that allows ENFPs to connect and understand people so fluidly, would also allow them to see themselves in other personalities as well. It's that ability to be able to stick themselves in another's shoes with Fi, and the Ne to see through another perspective. I imagine it leads one to not just see through the perspective of another type, but to "feel" it, leading them to then identify and see that typing within themselves. That'd be my guess. Though, there could always be other decisions made based off emotion as you bring up, absolutely. If that were the case though, it wouldn't be solely tied to ENFPs and rather, a more personal decision. Though, I understand being an ENFP, you also have the unfortunate reality of not fitting into boxes and labels so cleanly. I'm sure that in itself would create confusion on your end, and externally.

Just tossing out some thoughts.
    This makes so much sense. I'll have to feel these out, but feel free to throw out some more, I may fumble them and have to pick them up later, but I feel this has been very helpful so far ^_^
    With all due respect,
    -Jack.