• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What makes INFJ-ENFP interactions work? When they do.

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
It's getting rather heated on the thread: "Common INFJ issues". So I thought that I would start a thread highlighting the similarities or common grounds of the ENFP, INFP, INFJ instead of rehashing the grounds on which they clash.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've seen things get much more heated on here. Any of the clashes have not been surprising ones based on past experiences, and therefore are not that uncomfortable. While I think there are a lot of great common ground traits, it is where we see the world differently that trips us up. That is the reason why I started that thread. I'd actually be interested in something similar for those other types.

I have been good friends with both INFPs and ENFPs. We share similar passion for the projects that matter to us, an interest in people, often a love of writing and discussing new thoughts, and a fairly open attitude towards people who are unlike ourselves.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I usually get along with IxFJs. In fact, I'd say I have more problems with INFPs, ENFJs, and then other ENFPs...in that order.

I think the common ground of ENFP and INFJ may be N-dominance while still being NFs. That, and INFJs are pretty adept at handling people. I give them all the credit. It's one of the main reasons I love Aux-Fe so much.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
It's getting rather heated on the thread: "Common INFJ issues". So I thought that I would start a thread highlighting the similarities or common grounds of the ENFP, INFP, INFJ instead of rehashing the grounds on which they clash.

Thank you Immaculate Cloud! You rock! :hug:

I think INFJs, INFPs, and ENFPs have sooo much in common. These are my kindred spirits.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
To me, its the mutual, natural respect for intuitive possibilities that makes ENFP-INFJ interaction nearly magical. That being said, I enjoy the company of INFPs and ENFJs in equal parts, but both can be handful with the expectations of Fi and Fe respectively. This is purely preference, but I'll take the company of any healthy NF over healthy SFs, STs and NTs (Small exception for INTJs... should they chose to behave for once). Opposite rule if NF is unhealthy... i'll take any other type under crisis, except NFs and I am utterly allergic to unhealthy ENFPs.

Sorry, bad tangent.

I'll post something useful eventually.

Just yeah, I love INFJs. The world needed to know this at all costs. (Haha so self-indulgent, I'm sorry)

S

Sniffles

Pretty much being opposites while still being NFs. There's enough similarities and differences to keep each other intrigued for a long time.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Pretty much being opposites while still being NFs. There's enough similarities and differences to keep each other intrigued for a long time.

I think that's true. My brother an I can talk all the time and still find stuff to talk about.

revolve

YES! my boyfriend is infj & i am enfp. i never ever ever ever ever get bored or disinterested in him . . . and he soothes my nerves too & the sparks are constant.

what makes it work??? communication. we need to talk a lot a lot a lot or else we will misunderstand each other. it's like we have to constantly translate ourselves to each other cuz initially we don't know what the other is talking about & then once we make the effort we feel great - never better. we have to ask each other a lot of questions constantly to prevent misunderstandings. what else makes it work? maturity. if i was younger, i don't think i'd have the patience for the "work" of this type of communication- and that's why i used to be very attracted to Fi doms when younger . . . it just "flowed" more easily . . .

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
YES! my boyfriend is infj & i am enfp. i never ever ever ever ever get bored or disinterested in him . . . and he soothes my nerves too & the sparks are constant.

what makes it work??? communication. we need to talk a lot a lot a lot or else we will misunderstand each other. it's like we have to constantly translate ourselves to each other cuz initially we don't know what the other is talking about & then once we make the effort we feel great - never better. we have to ask each other a lot of questions constantly to prevent misunderstandings. what else makes it work? maturity. if i was younger, i don't think i'd have the patience for the "work" of this type of communication- and that's why i used to be very attracted to Fi doms when younger . . . it just "flowed" more easily . . .

My July resolution (why wait for the New Year?): Learn to communicate more often, learn the importance of 'chit-chat' as a way to keep the lines of communication open and not let the dear ENFPs IRL guessing...

Sailboat

MBTI Type
INFJ
One of my closest friends is an INFP. We share the love of good conversation, the love of the people in our lives (maybe people in general), humor, loyalty, and the enjoyment of the little things. She's also one of the few people who can sit in silence and it isn't awkward to her.

sculpting

hmmm, I actually find INFJs to be quite reasonable in real life and online. I'll have to go read that other thread I guess...

kccrush

MBTI Type
INFJ
One of my best friends is an ENFP. It works out great because she is a feeler and I can talk for hours about my feelings and thoughts. I think ENFPs are also more cerebral than people give them credit for and will engage in long theoretical conversations.

ENFPs also have the added desirable trait of needing to spend time alone. I think this adds an alure to their personalities and as an INFJ I really respect the fact that my ENFP friend knows that this "alone time" is important for rejuvenating her soul. Things I don't understand about my friend are how much she loves to go out, spend time in large groups of people, etc. But since she always gives me a lot of "love" when I need it, I'm able to respect these other parts of her personality that don't click with me.

Also, she totally is big on saying, "what is wrong? Why are you acting weird?" Since she can confront me, we avoid a lot of miscommunication that other types might have, and I trust her her because I know she's confronting me for the right reasons - because she cares.