• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP how do u fight the urge to post a stupid line in serious thread? Typos allowed!

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
Aggg sometimes I just so want to say something silly or random on a thread and I just know it will annoy some people so I have to fight the urge. It is so tiring thinking about how others will feel!

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it probably does annoy some...maybe even most but i think it's all kinds of funny so maybe your new method should just be to make me laugh...haha

no really...look at my post count most of it's shit i assure you. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I usually don't ever fight the urge. People need to laugh, need to have fun, need to stop taking themselves so damn seriously, and I'll admit in certain cases I even do it as a passive-agressive way of annoying people who I think are full of themselves or whining about nothing.

If it were something TRULY serious, of course I think of people's feelings, or if someone seems genuinely upset I'm not going to sadistically go out of my way to hurt them, of course.

Posting silly stuff is actually a social activity, because it causes others to respond, and some of the most interesting threads happen that way.

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
it probably does annoy some...maybe even most but i think it's all kinds of funny so maybe your new method should just be to make me laugh...haha

OH NO THE PRESSSSURE!

no really...look at my post count most of it's shit i assure you. :)

Good because I have a lower count but most of it is shit too :smile:

I usually don't ever fight the urge. People need to laugh, need to have fun, need to stop taking themselves so damn seriously, and I'll admit in certain cases I even do it as a passive-agressive way of annoying people who I think are full of themselves or whining about nothing.

If it were something TRULY serious, of course I think of people's feelings, or if someone seems genuinely upset I'm not going to sadistically go out of my way to hurt them, of course.

Posting silly stuff is actually a social activity, because it causes others to respond, and some of the most interesting threads happen that way.

Agreed, I would never do it if was something really important or to hurt anyone.

Thanks just will keep working on being me and letting my personality out. Guess this is a good a place as any! The worst? Someone throws some words at me. :)

Like there is a thread about marriage and who should ask. Everyone was being really on topic and serious.. so I just said "show me the bling" not that I am materialistic. I must admit someone must have appreciated it because the posted a photo with sparkling braces... and everyone else just went on regardless lol and I got a good chuckle.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
nike-just-do-it.jpg

Oh wait, is this a serious thread? :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[YOUTUBE="m6QWsMYHIEc"]Dance of the BonkBonkBonkBonk-Plum Fairy[/YOUTUBE]

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Best random thread ever! :laugh:

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
Best random thread ever! :laugh:

:doh: Can't be any worse than my blog I started (which I totally do not recommend) Blossom's boredom (boring) blog. Nothing worse than me being holed up sick and snowed under with work that I hate to get my creative juices flowing! :spam_laser:

:chicken:

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
When I was hanging around the INTJ forum I got a bunch of posts deleted all the time because I'd derail topics all the time. I give into the randomicity way too easily.

But I post for my own benefit primarily...

I really want to derail a thread with a "THATS WHAT SHE SAID" but I can never find a good opening...

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am a bit concerned however, I have just been reading FAQ and I am a little worried about this thread getting deleted for Fluff.

luff: Lesser annoyances, such as repeated and/or sole posting of "fluff" posts, may cause a member to be restricted to posting in The Graveyard, at discretion. Additionally, the creation of a duplicate account for the purpose of circumventing The Graveyard will result in a banning of the quarantined member. Threads are moved at the mod's discretion; any such action will be clearly indicated at the time by the mod concerned, as are all moderating actions. For the purpose of posting at Typology Central, fluff is defined as:
Consecutive posts topically unrelated to the original post (OP)
Consecutive posts that lack the seriousness deemed necessary for the topic at hand
Threads that single out members as their topic, i.e. birthday threads, baby announcements, etc.
Threads created for the sole purpose of frivolous socializing

I am wondering if "Consecutive posts that lack the seriousness deemed necessary for the topic at hand" might just save the day? I am finding that I am having to remain fairly true to my type casting when in many threads... I fear that I will be interpreted as "fluffing". OK I admit that sometimes it is hard to contain a post ... but sometimes I think others types might think I am fluffing when I am not. OK I put my tongue in my cheek a bit but is it fluff?

G

garbage

I am a bit concerned however, I have just been reading FAQ and I am a little worried about this thread getting deleted for Fluff.

nah, we're fine

actually, I really only post a thread-derailing comment when (a) the thread has turned to shit anyway, or (b) when someone really, really deserves a snide remark.. usually (a) and (b) are one in the same

otherwise, I can't bring myself to do it, because I know how much it can piss me off to read a bunch of people-drama in the middle of some thread on Norse mythology or some shit

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don't like to cloud someone elses thread with my perception of what is unimportant or whining. I just think about how that would annoy me if someone did that in a thread i thought was of value to discuss, it's not like i usually post or say anything to amuse or impress others. when i want to discuss something, i want to discuss something so i just try to extend that courtesy to others. usually i just do it after i make a "serious" on-topic post. like i'm about to do right now.

"show me the bling"

funny_684.jpg

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
nah, we're fine

actually, I really only post a thread-derailing comment when (a) the thread has turned to shit anyway, or (b) when someone really, really deserves a snide remark.. usually (a) and (b) are one in the same

otherwise, I can't bring myself to do it, because I know how much it can piss me off to read a bunch of people-drama in the middle of some thread on Norse mythology or some shit

Well that is why I posted this thread because I don't usually want to derail or be snide. I am wondering if it is an ENFPish thing that so many things connect that even though some people would think it is "off topic" it might be sometimes that it has stirred a fairly difficult to explain connection... like I would have to go into a whole lot of stuff people might think of as "people drama". I am wondering if it is some NeFiTeSi thing happening. Something comes up and I know there is something else going on (based on past experiences that connect. Perhaps Si?) but can't quite put it into words (Fi?). On other occasions, if I was to put it into words it might offend (Te kicking in and taking over?). Sometimes I think chiming in is a way of flagging stuff at in perhaps frustration that someone is appearing too hung up or a bit off (Te), or is offending some of my values (Fi?) but I don't see much point in getting into an argument over it. Usually, I know (or at least I hope) someone out there will get my meaning but very often it will go over most people's heads. Perhaps, it its the imaginative play with ideas not quite formed (Ne). Still trying to get my head around all this NeFiTeSi thing. Not sure what you lot think? Extraverted iNtuiting

Got me back re bling :-D :hug:

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thinking more about my "show me the bling comment". Actually, the whole question of marriage is a sore point in my life at the moment so it was a way of me trying to deal with it perhaps. I have some very complex feelings around it at the moment and would have gone into "people drama" had I wanted to explain. Perhaps it was my way of dealing with the intensity of feelings I was having....hrmmm because so much of the way I process stuff is to turn it upside down inside out (Fi I think?) Maybe that is something I have to really think about as a flag that an issue is really bothering me... although I usually know it is. A bit of humour makes my Fi bearable. Wow this stuff is complex. See there really was a serious side to this thread!!!!!
:workout:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[inner ENFP] this is a pointless message. [/inner ENFP]

:irked: