• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP sisters?

sandpaper

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
hello, this is my first post here. i'm posting because i'm curious. every time i take various mbti tests i get an almost maxed out INFP result (I is 100%, the rest is over 90). two years ago i asked my big sister to do some tests and she also got INFP and i refused to believe that this was her real result. i asked her to take the socionics mbti test yesterday and it came out as IxFP. now please, don't get me wrong. it's just that we are polar opposites and i would even call her outgoing and extraverted. she goes out every few days to parties or clubs. i can easily say that she has ten times more friends than i do and she has fun with them very often, she also never said anything about being uneasy with meeting new people.
also, as far as i know, most INFPs have deep seated love for all living things and i do recall her almost torturing our cat and even killing small animals like frogs or peeling of skin of living earthworms when we were kids. when i'm unable to kill even a mosquito thats sitting right now on my arm and biting me and i refuse to do cruel things to animals and people. of course, she doesn't do that anymore... however, she's pretty open about her thoughts. she talks about everything to everyone. she isn't moody. she's quite successful with her life. not really prone to depression of feeling blue without any apparent reason and she can't live without other people. she's been moving a lot and she made friends at new places very fast and very easily. she's also quite masculine and dominating in her relationships with men.

so as i see her, she's has so many non-infp traits it really bugs me. is it possible for a person to get or to have a totally different type than they appear to be? or maybe i don't know her at all but i'd definitely say that she's at least an E.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
the tests can be unreliable. The best things to do is learn all of the functions and type descriptions from multiple sources and then decide.

also, I did similar things to frogs and toads and small aminals when I was little, maybe she has that morbid curiosity too. MBTI creates 16 types, and there are billions of people in the world. All of those people are supposed to fit into one of those types loosely. You will find a variety of personalities within the personalities. I have INFP friends I am nothing like as well, sometimes I relate far more to people of contradicting types. It breaks down to function use and prevalence of those functions being used.

still, you might be right. My brother tested as INFP but I know he is an ISFP from his usual thinking and observing and speaking processes

sandpaper

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
also, I did similar things to frogs and toads and small aminals when I was little, maybe she has that morbid curiosity too.
really? oh god, i can't even imagine doing that myself. i always cried when she did that :(

i also thought about the types in a type thing, maybe she's just a different infp... i just don't understand her very well and she doesn't understand me. i have better contact and understanding within my ENFP mother.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
An ENFP mother, your xNFP sister, and INFP you? Good Lordy. More NFs than you can shake as stick at... Family disagreements must be very interesting.

sandpaper

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
you bet. our dad doesn't really know what's going on most of the time - he's an istj :D

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
your sister sounds ENFP - the tests are a good starting point, but not as reliable as profile descriptions and function understandings

are you sure she's NFP? She could be ENFJ - they are sort of dominating.

sandpaper

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
rebe, enfj might be a good guess, i think she fits the description quite well. still, i'm just a bystander, what she thinks of herself is also important in determining her type isn't it?