• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF's not standing NT's

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
allll we are sayyyyying is give peace a chance....

lets all hold hands now!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
allll we are sayyyyying is give peace a chance....

lets all hold hands now!
Oh, NOOOOOOOO . . . not another rendition of Kumbayah . . . saints preserve us!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's more common. Especially as a day care snack for children in the states.
As are apple slices topped with peanut butter. Americans are peanut butter insane. Almond butter and apples are great too. Almond butter and anything, really.

Peanut+Butter,+Banana+and+Honey+Sandwich+500.jpg

Some people toast it, some people fry it. Some people even add meat and/or syrup.

dunno, it just sounds as wrong to put sweet things like banana or syrup on a bread as it sounds to put ketchup on porridge.

bread with normal butter, cheese, cucumber, tomato, ham and salad :drool:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I find being with an NT challenging as well as grounding. Most of the time I appreciate the honesty and I can rarely argue with his logic. It's refreshing to be exposed to more than one way of thinking. I'd never be happy with a yes man. "Yes dear, whatever you say." No thanks... I also like that we're able to give each other space, yet still be connected.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
dunno, it just sounds as wrong to put sweet things like banana or syrup on a bread as it sounds to put ketchup on porridge.
Haven't you ever had French toast?

As for ketchup, it is just plain tomato abuse.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yay... Stereotypes. Don't look towards the T/F, but the commonality within (the N). We live in ideas, we just handle them differently. Trying to prove their points logically doesn't mean they're arrogant (by the by your view on them is rather close-minded as well). I am assuming that they are using logic to prove them.

Perhaps OP automatically assumes that anyone who appears to be cold/arrogant (and into politics?) is an NT. Could explain why there are so many cold/arrogant people in his/her sample population of NT's.

(I'm not saying that this certainly is the case here; just throwing out a possibility.)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps OP automatically assumes that anyone who appears to be cold/arrogant (and into politics?) is an NT. Could explain why there are so many cold/arrogant people in his/her sample population of NT's.

(I'm not saying that this certainly is the case here; just throwing out a possibility.)

Eh..the OP's also doing the thing that many do of projecting her own preferences, and dislikes, and perceptions, onto everyone else of the same type/temperament. It's simply not true across the board like that.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
You win. Here, have an awesome badge. ;)

(Apparently, for a lot of NF's, "people that doesn't like me" = NT's. :shrug:)

I meet NF's, NT's, SP's and SJ's who are equals in that department. They're
quick to judge my exterior because I always keep my shield up. NF females in
particular believe I'm a first class douchebag. They always think I'm flirting and
that I'm talking with a lot of self-esteem. Funny because I never flirt and I
obviously don't have any self-esteem. I'm just very very honest, and tend to
bring up weird shit in conversations that are usually considered taboo. And my
eyes, appearantly I'm always flirting with my eyes, even though I'm not.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Congrats Vamp, you win the thread! The dismissive, rude side of NTs has been demonstrated very well by the INTP responses to your posts. :devil:

The NTs have their own NF hate thread - they should go whine there. :tongue: .
Gotta love that NF masochism. She hates you too, btw:
Vamp said:
I don't like introverts

I only hang around here to pick up tips on social lubrication.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I find being with an NT challenging as well as grounding. Most of the time I appreciate the honesty and I can rarely argue with his logic. It's refreshing to be exposed to more than one way of thinking. I'd never be happy with a yes man. "Yes dear, whatever you say." No thanks... I also like that we're able to give each other space, yet still be connected.

totally agrees.

mini rant begins: I think every coupled types have their strengths some have more strengths, ofcourse. But if you are willing to make a commitment and not egocentric think, that people have to be exactly like you want them to be, as it sounds by many of the NFs commenting positive to the OP, all relationships have a chance.

And seriously if you think the jerk demographic of NTs equals all NTs, you are just too ignorant.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haven't you ever had French toast?

As for ketchup, it is just plain tomato abuse.

i didnt even know what it was before i googled, im still not quite sure what it exactly is because there seems to be so many ways of making them.

bad ketchup is waste of tomatoes, but good ketchup is a whole different thing

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Without having read this entire thread, I want to say that my best friend is an INTP and I generally love NTs. I can always count on you guys to give me an honest no-bullshit assessment of anything I present to you. You're also more likely to call me out if I ever do anything brash or stupid. I value honesty and truth before anything else and I'm more likely to find it in an NT than in any other type.

:cheers:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
totally agrees.

mini rant begins: I think every coupled types have their strengths some have more strengths, ofcourse. But if you are willing to make a commitment and not egocentric think, that people have to be exactly like you want them to be, as it sounds by many of the NFs commenting positive to the OP, all relationships have a chance.

And seriously if you think the jerk demographic of NTs equals all NTs, you are just too ignorant.

:yes: Believe me, when I first read the OP back when it was posted, I was...mildly annoyed. It's just so obviously slanted to the OP's perceptions and I definitely don't relate.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Without having read this entire thread, I want to say that my best friend is an INTP and I generally love NTs. I can always count on you guys to give me an honest no-bullshit assessment of anything I present to you. You're also more likely to call me out if I ever do anything brash or stupid. I value honesty and truth before anything else and I'm more likely to find it in an NT than in any other type.

:cheers:

I have a friend who's INTP. I'm positive he's INTP. Online we didn't get a long
well at first (Mainly because I whined a lot, and was very competitive), but
whenever we met we met with a smile and talked non-stop about random shit.
He's an awesome guy. He's my drug dealer :)

I think INTP's feel very very comfortable around us INFP's or something, or
perhaps we INFP's feel very comfortable around INTP's, who knows. Especially
if we both have a high T and F function. Lots of common interests.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I meet NF's, NT's, SP's and SJ's who are equals in that department. They're
quick to judge my exterior because I always keep my shield up. NF females in
particular believe I'm a first class douchebag. They always think I'm flirting and
that I'm talking with a lot of self-esteem. Funny because I never flirt and I
obviously don't have any self-esteem. I'm just very very honest, and tend to
bring up weird shit in conversations that are usually considered taboo. And my
eyes, appearantly I'm always flirting with my eyes, even though I'm not.

Sounds just like me.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think that is very likely. Perhaps OP just has an adverse feeling towards unadulterated honesty. :shrug: