• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF's not standing NT's

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your sig has always said "no offense"; that's a hint. Most INTPs are abrasive and clueless about how the things they say come off to more socially sensitive types.

Quite the contrary is true. If I was TRULY clueless about how the things I say could come off to more socially sensitive types, I probably won't have the phrase "no offense" in my sig to begin with.

I am, more or less, aware of how I can come off to others, but that doesn't mean I can always eliminate all the possibilities of offending anyone when I say things. At times, I may not be careful enough. That is when I need NF's like you to tell me to back off. Other times, it may be the NF's who are overreacting to something that wasn't meant to be an insult. Of course, everyone has their own subjective standards regarding that issue.

If I were as careless with my words as INTPs who habitually thread bomb with the "witty" snark usually are there's no other way but negative for me to have meant it because I don't beat around the bush when I don't like something. That's why it always comes off as cowardly, sideways and backbiting to me.

You mean you consider yourself worthier than INTP's because you're not afraid to say these kind of things in this forum about NT's?:

What is up with that tendency they have to come off like insecure, pathetic little weeds?

Intentionally baiting people with flip backhanded comments, calling them "sensitive" when they respond to said baiting with the same kind of flip must be an INTP thing? Now there's two doing it. NT sure love trying to get a rise out of NFs.
I correctly predicted your response twice, now. Even the subtext behind it.

edit: not to mention loading your lame bait with even more personal attacks.

If this is flirting their NTP social skills are worse than previously imagined, probably by choice. It's the equivalent of throwing a book or pulling pigtails.

It's still a cowardly trait. Say what you really mean, don't hide behind "witty", snide remarks that do nothing but reveal a tragic misunderstanding of being socially aware and insecurity.

The NEED to come in and attempt to bait NFs or make backhanded comments about our perceived abilities in social situations displays this insecurity (like a crystal case).

I just can't help but rag on the type who does the most cowardly personal attacks most often. Most INTPs offend my Fi with that little trait.

I know one confirmed INTP that I always want to strangle most of the time until I guilt him into not being a jackass anymore.

Clearly, you yourself aren't behaving very gracefully.

Last edited:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
God. I'm surrounded by asshole ;)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I have no sense of humor when it comes to assholes.
Is that why you have your head way up one? So far in fact that you lost your way in replying to the follow-up questions to you in that thread to come foam at the mouth about the mean old jackass NTs there in this thread. A cowardly Vamp (lol!) indeed.

You jumped on INA in that thread you cited for saying something that half a dozen NFs later substantiated. Yet she was the only one you attacked (like a rabid dog). Whereupon she totally pwned your ass. We reserve the right to do that when you get snippy with us.
I think old gal's eyesight is spotty. A sample of some would-be-jackasses-if-they were-NT comments that not only supported what I posted but went even further:

one's ability to intuitively draw a conclusion on social patterns is.. only as good as one's research/experience. A young NF could withdraw from people thinking he/she read something to be cautious about, when it might be that they're just not used to the new situation, and drew a conclusion from limited experiences.

i've been also guiltyy for not reading people well at all, i think this is common with NFs, too much reading into things so often we even miss point completely....

Quoted this because it really is important to see that it is not magic. It is a skill that needs to be practiced. I've seen people who don't understand that get into ugly places... They just take whatever their issues are and project them freely on everyone, as they "see" so much in other people.

Projection is the enemy number one with this skill

:dont:

You mean you consider yourself worthier than INTP's because you're not afraid to say these kind of things in this forum about NT's?
It's amazing, really; she's a fantastic illustration of my point.

There are those who are aware of their talents and limitations and then there are those who grab on to their alleged type and conclude that they are psychics in this area, glaring examples of their error notwithstanding. I can think of one who retired in shame after all her poor - and self-serving - reading came crashing down around her. It's a matter of awareness - or lack thereof. Funny stuff, that.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I'm surrounded by asshole ;)
haha
[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZNPxxRU4Wc]Yo![/YOUTUBE]

By the way, I always knew ENFPs had the capacity for insensitivity, but you take it well beyond that into the realm of sheer ignorance Vamp, no offense intended. If I didn't know a couple ENFPs such as Satine that have acceptance, understanding and big open hearts, I would be developing some very unsavory opinions about ENFPs right about now. You do a disservice to your type.

Perhaps this thread title should be changed to "NF's not UNDERstanding NT's" ? Since that seems to be the real theme here :p

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Quite the contrary is true. If I was TRULY clueless about how the things I say could come off to more socially sensitive types, I probably won't have the phrase "no offense" in my sig to begin with.

That's what I was referring too. You know it's a possibility the way you say things can be misunderstood so you put a disclaimer there. So it is a possibility. This isn't crazy ENFP just babbling. There is xNTP intentional trolling going on.

I am, more or less, aware of how I can come off to others, but that doesn't mean I can always eliminate all the possibilities of offending anyone when I say things. At times, I may not be careful enough. That is when I need NF's like you to tell me to back off. Other times, it may be the NF's who are overreacting to something that wasn't meant to be an insult. Of course, everyone has their own subjective standards regarding that issue.

The discussion here is not about YOU. It's about the INTPs that purposefully troll this section.

You mean you consider yourself worthier than INTP's because you're not afraid to say these kind of things in this forum about NT's?:

Not at all. I mean I don't go around trolling the other sections with the same sarcastic "wit" designed to piss off NFs intentionally.

Clearly, you yourself aren't behaving very gracefully.

I think you missed the entire point of what I was trying to say. I was talking about INTPs trolls, not you. Not considerate INTPs.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^OMG. WE. GET. IT!
Change the record already. You really are starting to sound crazy.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
But we could make peanut butter banana sandwiches.
I didn't even see this post and I had one of these for breakfast today.

I'll let the NTs wonder what I did with the peel.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
^OMG. WE. GET. IT!
Change the record already. You really are starting to sound crazy.

Replying to a another poster is crazy. Alright. :huh:

But replying to a post that has nothing to do with you to add nothing of interest isn't?
Constant trolling is perfectly sane. Keep doing it. You amuse me. If I reply to you, I pull your strings and make you dance like some kind of obsessive marionette.

Also, you're WAY more of a broken record with the same lame sarcasm and attempted put downs.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Replying to a another poster is crazy. Alright. :huh:

But replying to a post that has nothing to do with you to add nothing of interest isn't?
Constant trolling is perfectly sane. Keep doing it. You amuse me. If I reply to you, I pull your strings and make you dance like some kind of obsessive marionette.

Also, you're WAY more of a broken record with the same lame sarcasm and attempted put downs.
Yep. I'm the obsessive one. You have 249 posts, 248 of which are some variation on the theme of how much you hate INTPs. Did you get dumped by one recently or something? Kindly get over it somewhere else. It's boring.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yep. I'm the obsessive one. You have 249 posts, 248 of which are some variation on the theme of how much you hate INTPs. Did you get dumped by one recently or something? Kindly get over it somewhere else. It's boring.

....lol, you WISH most of my posts were about INTPs. Most of my posts are about ENFPs and ENFP-style thread derailing.
And sex.

I'd never date anyone I suspected of being INTPs. I don't like introverts and definitely know from first hand irl experience INTPs like to goad people. Not for me, life is to short for that. I prefer ESFPs, ESFJs, other ENFPs, ENFJs (women) and ESTPs. Especially ESFPs. Sensors rule.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
wtf? thats like the same as putting ketchup in porridge..

It's more common. Especially as a day care snack for children in the states.
As are apple slices topped with peanut butter. Americans are peanut butter insane. Almond butter and apples are great too. Almond butter and anything, really.

Peanut+Butter,+Banana+and+Honey+Sandwich+500.jpg

Some people toast it, some people fry it. Some people even add meat and/or syrup.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
....lol, you WISH most of my posts were about INTPs. Most of my posts are about ENFPs and ENFP-style thread derailing.
And sex.

I'd never date anyone I suspected of being INTPs. I don't like introverts and definitely know from first hand irl experience INTPs like to goad people. Not for me, life is to short for that. I prefer ESFPs, ESFJs, other ENFPs, ENFJs (women) and ESTPs. Especially ESFPs. Sensors rule.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*explodes*

:devil:

Edit: this seems like a challenge to make her like us more than any other type. Quickly! Find the hottest INTP so we can make her wet in her panties!

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
wtf? thats like the same as putting ketchup in porridge..

Are you telling me that ketchup in porridge is delicious and appropriate at any meal or as a snack?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Congrats Vamp, you win the thread! The dismissive, rude side of NTs has been demonstrated very well by the INTP responses to your posts. :devil:

The NTs have their own NF hate thread - they should go whine there. :tongue: .

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I have read a lot about how NF's are supposed to match romantically with NT's. This makes no sense to me. My husband is an ESFJ or an ENFJ and he is wonderful. Every NT I have know has been arrogant and cold, lost in politics and their own projects, not open to other points of view at all. Why in the world do the books match up NF's and NT's?

Yay... Stereotypes. Don't look towards the T/F, but the commonality within (the N). We live in ideas, we just handle them differently. Trying to prove their points logically doesn't mean they're arrogant (by the by your view on them is rather close-minded as well). I am assuming that they are using logic to prove them.