• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF's not standing NT's

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Can't speak for other NTs but some of us are prone to teasing and NFs provide a lot of fuel to be teased by. :)

Well thanks. But there seems to be this feeling as if NFs are somehow saying "we're better because we can do this" when we're not saying/doing that.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NT's have great traits, I respect them...BUT, what really frustrates me is how the NT I am close with totally disregards my feelings, and always turns discussions in to debates or fights. He is so mean!!! But he does balance me out sometimes :) when I ask him for advice about work I really like his perspective. He makes me stronger in some situations....but then again he does make me cry because hes so blunt and mean (and impatient).

Chloe

gimme another NF for lover..

i'll play chess with NTs....

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
I recently started dating an ENFJ, our synchronicity is Ah-mazing... the three girls I dated before her were an ESTJ, INTP and an INTJ... less then stellar describes my feelings on our connectivity. Although the INTP and I had insane sexual chemistry.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ Yes, sex with NTs is very nice ;). I agree with you there.

Chloe

am i the only one who had lousy sexy time with NTs.. (INTP and INTJ) :boohoo:

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
am i the only one who had lousy sexy time with NTs.. (INTP and INTJ) :boohoo:

Most of the T's I had sex with were meh, but that 1 INTP, she was a tattoo artist and bisexual and had a bed restraint system installed on her bed and a whole bunch of cool play things... she really really knew what she liked... I really liked that.

Other then her the best sex I had had was with another INFJ.

Chloe

Most of the T's I had sex with were meh, but that 1 INTP, she was a tattoo artist and bisexual and had a bed restraint system installed on her bed and a whole bunch of cool play things... she really really knew what she liked... I really liked that.

Other then her the best sex I had had was with another INFJ.

INTP and INTJ who I had sex with, well it wasnt really love (though we were in relationship) i guess that's why it was bad.

my best sex was with ISTJ.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find i really like ENTP's and INTP's. I have an ENTP father and an INTP sister, my father is usually pretty good with being caring although i sometimes have to remind him. My sister can make me feel a little sad with her lack of emotional connection but i do love her sooo much.
My sisters best friend is also an INTP and i think she's a hoot, again a little coldness which can make me feel out of sorts.
I think i'm really good with both ENTP's and INTP's as long as i try really really hard to keep an emotional distance.
I don't know any INTJ's that i can think of. Theres one ENTJ on here i think is pretty cool though.
Of course there are those that are arrogant twits. But meh.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm into NTs.

ENTJs and INTPs seem to be the more cocky arrogant ones, which I dislike.

I prefer INTJs and ENTPs. By a looong shot :party2:

Romantically, I could easily fit into a good relationship with an INTJ. We'd have great harmony and we'd balance eachother out. Plus, female INTJs...total babes...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well thanks. But there seems to be this feeling as if NFs are somehow saying "we're better because we can do this" when we're not saying/doing that.
It's ok. We figured that part out already.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
No, why would I not like NT's? I just don't like people that doesn't like me.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, why would I not like NT's? I just don't like people that doesn't like me.

You win. Here, have an awesome badge. ;)

(Apparently, for a lot of NF's, "people that doesn't like me" = NT's. :shrug:)

Why do NTs always (try to) antagonize NFs? Especially when NFs are trying to put over things they have a natural predisposition to (like the social situations thread). Are NTs really that insecure?

I assure you it's not about insecurity. That is not a snide remark, in case you can't tell.

Also, NF's antagonize NT's just as much as NT's antagonize NF's. Prime example of this is yourself.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
You win. Here, have an awesome badge. ;)

(Apparently, for a lot of NF's, "people that doesn't like me" = NT's. :shrug:)

I assure you it's not about insecurity. That is not a snide remark, in case you can't tell.

Also, NF's antagonize NT's just as much as NT's antagonize NF's. Prime example of this is yourself.

I respond to almost constant NT thread bombing with snide remarks.
It must be that NTPs purposefully choose to be blissfully unaware how snide they come off to others. So they can get away with it by excusing it as some kind of unknown behavior.

I'm probably not the only ENFP who feels that way because it does happen a whole hell of lot .So much so that it almost seems pathological.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It must be that NTPs purposefully choose to be blissfully unaware how snide they come off to others. So they can get away with it by excusing it as some kind of unknown behavior.

I'm probably not the only ENFP who feels that way because it does happen a whole hell of lot .So much so that it almost seems pathological.
Have you considered that we just enjoy snarkiness? In ourselves and in others? Plenty of ENFPs enjoy it too.

You jumped on INA in that thread you cited for saying something that half a dozen NFs later substantiated. Yet she was the only one you attacked (like a rabid dog). Whereupon she totally pwned your ass. We reserve the right to do that when you get snippy with us.

Perhaps you're blissfully unaware that you come across as someone with a pretty humongous chip on your shoulder and/or no sense of humour. :shrug: Takes all sorts.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I think it would be more accurate to say that you are the one who cannot help but assign (negative) emotional pretexts to what NTP's say when there really aren't any.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be fair, I too sometimes wonder. NFJs seem better at interpreting those comments the way they were meant. I usually just wait to see if they'll provide me more context for the remark so I can place it better, and otherwise just ignore it ;)

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I have read a lot about how NF's are supposed to match romantically with NT's. This makes no sense to me. My husband is an ESFJ or an ENFJ and he is wonderful. Every NT I have know has been arrogant and cold, lost in politics and their own projects, not open to other points of view at all. Why in the world do the books match up NF's and NT's?

I find it sad to dismiss people based on them being cold and arrogant as an external front.

So you have a good relationship, thats good. But to think that all NT are like you say, are as much an example of NFs not seeing other peoples point of views than the NT you say do and it shows a lack of perspective. I agree that some do that. But that can be said of any other type aswell.

And to answer why we are put together, is simple, you have some strengths that an NT lack and we bring another perspective. Together we have the strengths that many relationships Ive encountered lack. We are both open, can have deep meaningful discussions on many subjects with a natural nuancing that I as an INTP finds really refreshing. Its bonded with a shared intuitive output, but different ways of coming to conclusions about the world.

I tend not to be drawn towards people with specific traits in Feelers that I find terribly annoying, such as very mushy, strong openly affectionate people and people pleasers. Because I find them to have a hidden agenda and seems fake to me. OP might have a different view on these people and thats fine. But one is not better than the other as it seems to be the view in the OP. (repressed Fe, I know :D)

EDIT: Oh oh oh I forgot, maybe those people you think are NTs are really cold and arrogant feelers. Those kind of people do exist (I know its mindblowing, but never the less true :D).

G

garbage

There are definitely examples of abrasive kinda clueless

This is the worst kind, yeah

I don't know if it's worse if people abrasive and clueless about it, or if they know they're abrasive and don't give a shit about working on that about themselves.

I also cringe when I hear nf women saying they need the rationality or support of an nt male.

This, too

"Need" is never a solid foundation for a relationship. By the time you get very serious about relationships, you should have some capacity for rational thought and at least a slight ability to make good decisions :shrug:

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Have you considered that we just enjoy snarkiness? In ourselves and in others? Plenty of ENFPs enjoy it too.

You jumped on INA in that thread you cited for saying something that half a dozen NFs later substantiated. Yet she was the only one you attacked (like a rabid dog). Whereupon she totally pwned your ass. We reserve the right to do that when you get snippy with us.

Perhaps you're blissfully unaware that you come across as someone with a pretty humongous chip on your shoulder and/or no sense of humour. :shrug: Takes all sorts.

I have no sense of humor when it comes to assholes.
I didn't know there was a rule about not replying to things others have posted in an open thread about MY type.
I enjoy being snarky but not in a rude/mean way to put down others (for no good reason) but I'll play that way if pushed. Being a mean old jackass because YOU consider something stupid/silly is not cool. It's the "abrasive kind of clueless" about the feelings, thoughts and sensibilities of others. You can't go around stepping on the toes of others in life because you can't empathize with them. It's reckless disregard and a little disrespectful. Perhaps that's why you think ENFPs are over confident in our ability to read people, you lack empathy and don't believe in the trait because of this.

Of course I have a chip on my shoulder- I hate the world! :yes:

And I most especially hate reckless disrespect due to a lack of understanding of others' sensibilities.