• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] infj do people think you are depressed

enfp1091

MBTI Type
ENFP
My natural facial expression is quite emotionless that puts people off.

Your profile picture tells me the opposite. You seem pretty happy and approachable to me.

I guess I'll also use this space to say that I used to think I was and Enfp, then and Infp and lastly and INFJ. That's why my nickname is enfp1091. :cheese:

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
My natural facial expression is kinda emotionless. People used to ask me what was wrong all the time.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
My neutral expression probably looks really miserable, but I don't feel like it though. I hear about it sometimes.

EDIT: But when I'm happy... I look pretty darn happy. I can't fake it, nor hide it.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Same as tibby (And everyone else here, looks like)

Mainly people stay away from me because of the combination of The INFJ Face, how it looks on me (rather scary to the common person from my experience), and that I'm not the nicest guy ALL the time or to EVERYONE.

window_view

MBTI Type
INFJ
There’s this supermarket that I go to often, one of the cashiers made this funny joke and I was still smiling when I was walking towards the exist, the security guard then look at me and said ‘its nice to see you smiling.’ I’m guessing he meant this as opposed to my usual sad look. This has happened to me a few time before with random strangers telling me to ‘cheer up’. So yeah people think I'm sad when actually I’m very neutral, though I do like the attention. :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
Haha I had one friend go as far enough as to think I was going to kill myself... when I was like, umm I would never kill myself unless I was like bitten by a zombie, he felt like such a retard.

My natural facial expression is quite emotionless that puts people off.

How about vampires? Would you be a blood bank vampire?

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not necessarily depressed, but some people misread me based on my default expression. Some people may assume I'm nervous or annoyed when I'm actually not. I do have a certain underlying anxiety about me at times, but I'm not anxious 100% of the time. People have asked me if I was okay when there was no problem, probably based on this.

Yesterday, someone assumed I was anxious to be left alone, when in reality I don't mind being left alone. When I've had my lows, I've never been clinically depressed, but there have been times when people have worried about me.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, yes. I have the most issues with this reading when it comes to really extroverted types who project their expectation that everyone should be smiling and talkative all of the time, saying such pithy things as 'Everyone should be happy' -- really, they just want people to engage *them* in that way. One particular customer ceaselessly irks me because she praises those who smile at her and then pulls my manager and others aside to inquire about me, etc.

So, yeah. My default expression is pretty bleak looking I think. When I smile my face lights up. And I admit... I purposefully at this point withhold smiles from this lady and others like her who are in effect very demanding of others. gah.'

Edit: Now, people like this lady or other such things DO make me depressed about people in general. haha.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My brother talks about my "sad eyes" often. I still don't know why. A teaching partner once told me to walk around with a half smile so I wouldn't look mad. I was shocked at that, since I was having a pretty good day.
I often smile evven when I don't want to so people don't misinterpret my facial expressions.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
My brother talks about my "sad eyes" often. I still don't know why. A teaching partner once told me to walk around with a half smile so I wouldn't look mad. I was shocked at that, since I was having a pretty good day.
I often smile evven when I don't want to so people don't misinterpret my facial expressions.

The thinking eyes ... you can always share what is in your head with people . I think is selfish to expect that theycan understand you.