• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Ask Saint Kat

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm actually still working on that too. At first, I tried to contact my old friends and acquaintances, but that was a bad idea, because we all changed so much we were extremely estranged from each other. I tried getting back to the way it was, but then I realized that would never work. So instead I'm trying to meet new people. Going on vacations, getting new jobs, starting new hobbies, etc. Those are all opportunities were you can meet new people. And of course you can try to have a lot of fun with them. Trying to get online friends doesn't really work, though. Tried that, it's really a bad idea. The best way is getting to know people through hobbies.

:) thanks!

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
At first I thought about asking you something dirty in an effort to shred myself of, and rebel against, the wholesome naive INFP image, but in the end not wanting to appear vulgar I decided not to, woefully re-enforcing the stereotype.

*sigh*

INFPin' ain't easy.

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm intrigued... the list you made in the first post, it all applies to me (except i'm an INFP male and i don't have ADD).

The questions that immediately came to mind have already been answered, but i came up with something:

Is the extraversion something you cultivated in order to build up a new social circle after having lived in isolation and depression, or has it always been a fundamental part of you? Or rather: did you become more extraverted as you got over your troubles?

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have a question right now but I wanted to let you know I'm reading. :hi:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
my parents had a bad marriage, its funny, I never really noticed it until the day they told they were getting a divorce. Could you tell your parents had a bad marriage while you where growing up or did it take a while?

They've been fighting all of my life. When I was four years old and I went to bed, my parents started fighting immediately. So I knew that there was something going on. When I was about five years old my father also started yelling at me and mighting with me, so I thought for a while that that was just the way things went. I kept the illusion that everything was all right for quite a few years. When I was 13 my mother wanted to get a divorce, but my dad forced me to blackmail her so that she wouldn't divorce him after all. Still regret that.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm intrigued... the list you made in the first post, it all applies to me (except i'm an INFP male and i don't have ADD).

The questions that immediately came to mind have already been answered, but i came up with something:

Is the extraversion something you cultivated in order to build up a new social circle after having lived in isolation and depression, or has it always been a fundamental part of you? Or rather: did you become more extraverted as you got over your troubles?

I've always been an extravert, but I had to hide it for a very long time. I even though I was an INFP for a while, but my Ne is way too strong for that. I didn't fit in at all, I was even hated, I wasn't allowed to phone my friends or mail them or talk to them on MSN because of my dad's weird way of thinking. Instead I learned myself to behave like an I, but the extraversion is still something fundamental in me. I love crowds, I love getting attention and I hate being all by myself. So the isolation was absolute torture and it also made me behave more introvertedly, which is totally unnatural to me.

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
Aww man, that sucks... I know from personal experience that isolation can be hell, but to have it imposed on you like that when you're really a people person must have been so frustrating.

Well, i'm glad you managed to overcome your obstacles. You don't seem bitter or resentful and i must say i respect that. You must be one tough cookie :nice:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
dm1810one-tough-cookie-posters.jpg

I guess I am.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't really know the campings in the Netherlands, but I'm quite sure there are camping areas near Amsterdam. I'm not from Amsterdam myself, but Dutch people are such camping freaks there must be at least one camping in or around Amsterdam. I'd try searching on Google maps. Trains in the Netherlands usually travel from 5 AM to midnight, I believe. Maybe it's different in Amsterdam.

Oki thanks.

Were you wondering last night when i started talking you in english instead finnish when we met on the bus station somewhere in vantaa?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

:D

I only remember not knowing more exactly where i am other than it was in vantaa at some plaza that doesent really exist and i was looking for a bike there. Then i noticed a bus stop and i decided to go wait a bus and you were sitting on the bus stop, i didnt first recognize you because it was pretty dark. Then i saw it was you and said hi and looked you in eyes for few seconds and gave a little smile to see if you notice it was me. You didnt so i just said im intp, you said hi im mdp(and some other letter). you still didnt get it was me so i told that im intp from typology central and then you figured out it was me. Then i dont remember what happened but we talked a little about something, then the bus came and you transformed into one of my friend. I remember that the bus was like 4 times larger in the inside than it was on the outside. Then i got off the bus with my friend and you were there again and so was my friend. I asked if you want to hang out sometime, you said maybe, gave a little smile and walked away.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Maybe I'm a lot like your friend then, or you want your friend to be like me.

Chloe

what type you think is the atmosphere of Holland?

I was there recently... I know for certain its much more F than Croatia, we're very T country. And also obviously SJ, contrary to my expectations, not so much free spirit country, seems like all the prostitution and marihuana rules are only for rational reasons. Seems like Holland projects some image of open mindness that really isnt there, in that way.
I mean, I do like it, i liked Den Haag more than Amsterdam, probably because of too many tourists in Amsterdam.. I would prefer to live there over in Croatia for sure.

Chloe

- An ADD patient who doesn't take medication.

how is your ADD manifested???

I dont understand that diagnosis, ex. i have trouble focusing and reading things, but to be honest, those are mostly things that i am not so interested in, so it could be simply that, not "add".... - just one example

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I have almost all of the ADD symptoms. I never made my homework properly, my room is extremely messy, I can't read long pieces of text (I usually also skip threads with a long OP), I'm bad at following instructions, I'm awful at planning, once I have a plan I tend to forget about it, I get distracted al the time, I rarely finish things I start, I forget lots of things, I can't listen for a very long time, my mind is permanently full of thoughts, etc. I even have this with things I am interested in.

The Dutch are mainly ESTJ. We seem more openminded to the outside world than we really are, actually.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe I'm a lot like your friend then, or you want your friend to be like me.

No your not, hes like the softest infp guy you(or anyone else) will ever meet, he could never prank anyone for example or he would feel like shit for a long long time. People just tend to turn into other people suddenly in my dreams for some reason

Chloe

Well, I have almost all of the ADD symptoms. I never made my homework properly, my room is extremely messy, I can't read long pieces of text (I usually also skip threads with a long OP), I'm bad at following instructions, I'm awful at planning, once I have a plan I tend to forget about it, I get distracted al the time, I rarely finish things I start, I forget lots of things, I can't listen for a very long time, my mind is permanently full of thoughts, etc. I even have this with things I am interested in.

i have all those too. so if you are VERY interested, you cant forse yourself to read it ? even if slower than others. I can. This is why i dont know about ADD. i can if i isolate myself from things that could distract me. If i need to study a lot I will do it the best if I dont leave the house that day before i go studying. if i leave it i will not be able to re-focus whole day.

The Dutch are mainly ESTJ..

are you sure about T part? because person who is in this MBTI thing for her business, and also Dutch, said to me Holland is very SFJ. Which looks like that because you smile sooo much and are very polite. At least much more F than my country.

We seem more openminded to the outside world than we really are, actually

yeah, i noticed this...

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
i have all those too. so if you are VERY interested, you cant forse yourself to read it ? even if slower than others. I can. This is why i dont know about ADD. i can if i isolate myself from things that could distract me. If i need to study a lot I will do it the best if I dont leave the house that day before i go studying. if i leave it i will not be able to re-focus whole day.
I can't possibly focus. Never. It takes a lot of energy.

are you sure about T part? because person who is in this MBTI thing for her business, and also Dutch, said to me Holland is very SFJ. Which looks like that because you smile sooo much and are very polite. At least much more F than my country.
The Dutch aren't polite and rarely smile. I can't see the F here.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Dutch aren't polite and rarely smile. I can't see the F here.
They could be ISTJ, but in any case that's not too indicative of what the actual culture is like (not the population mind you, the country itself -- the general population of pretty much every country is SJ). Dutch culture doesn't seem very reactionary, individualistic or have the "tough love" flavor an ESTJ people would have. A perfect example of an ESTJ country would be the US. Holland, from what I know of it, I would categorize as some sort of SFP -- probably ISFP.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Dutch are mainly ESTJ.

heh funny because finnish people are mainly istj and genes on finnish people are closest to dutch than any other country